• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X is the best sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padô

Smash Lord
No.
No timer.

Only cowards time people out.
*Picks up a PokeBall*
Sorry Espy, I searched "TIME PEOPLE OUT", and I just wanna make sure that DMG read this.

*Throws PokeBall*
DMG I CHOOSE YOU!

Now I hope he name search this.

Also, X is really good, but M2K adaptability was neat and he could overcome those spin shieldpokes :( unfortunately

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
They lost to Sonic with Sonic's worst match up in the game (Tyrant, at least. TWICE. Who did DSF use?).
They suck. It's that simple, really.

And I'm not taking away anything. X ***** the West Coast.

I read this as, "I was about to get 3-0'd, but I forgot that I was Meta Knight."

=====

Still, good **** to X for destroying everyone in the West Coast, as well as M2K (for two rounds, at least).
stfu u bitter *** *****, he's just better than you. I won cuz I caught on and ADAPTED because I was learning him throughout the set and got really mad after losing 2 games. Wahhh I'm espy and all I'm gonna do is ***** about MK and blame MK on everything.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no one is down playing X. The ppl that lost to him though...i mean wtf. I think someone else said it best in the tier list thread

If you're a top level player "not knowing the matchup" isn't a valid excuse after the game being out for over 2 years
I disagree completely.

A lot of people are overrated and "top level player" is MOSTLY just bias and subjectivity. That's the problem. People ride so much meat and assume so much based on results and who they commonly see in results that they overestimate people.

A lot of people have never been exposed to certain characters at all period and don't have good wifi etc. I'm not saying any excuse should be accepted I'm saying within reason it could a valid reason for losing where a lesser player might win if they knew the matchup.
imma have ta agree on redhalaballo on this one eh

X knows the MK mu better

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
no one is down playing X. The ppl he lost to though...i mean wtf. I think someone else said it best in the tier list thread
Also, one of the main reasons X did so good is because of when he went to cali. he learned the MK match up like the back of his hand. He knows that match up better than any sonic player.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Kinzer/Sinz: It's because I'm constantly under the assumption that the nation as a whole knows how to deal with Sonic's shenanigans by now. East Coast stomps similar playstyles down, and spamming downB in MW will only get you murdered.

Texas deals with downB spam very well too. Gnes and Dojo tear that strategy to shreds.

West Coast. I'll just say that they know how to surprise me.

@M2K: Did...did the king of whining call me out on whining?
Hilarious.

D3's RedHalberd quote pretty much helps, too.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Now I hope he name search this.
He can't. "DMG" is three characters long, too short for a namesearch.

stuff + some bickering going on between two people.
I suck then. :( I live here and I still can't beat FOW's Ness for example, and I heard he had to use MK against X and still lost.

Also, @#$%'s gettin' real now between Espy and M2K. Although I have to agree that something was off in that set...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I feel like M2K lives in his own little world, where everything revolves around him. Anyone else have that feeling?

PS: Go trip on bananas M2K.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... am I allowed to talk now?

I don't think so. I'm really only just trying to figure out what happened between M2K and X, and how X got so far in the hopes that I may one day ascend into that level, and/or past it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Only to you, M2K, for this one instance.

Oh, and I've also beaten Razer twice, M2K. Our current records vs. each other in tournament is 2-2.
I've also taken Gnes to a second set in a tournament grand finals, and have taken Dojo to last stock several times in the past.

But that's not the point here. X is. Now carry along. Maybe you should try practicing your z-catches and instant throws.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Also, one of the main reasons X did so good is because of when he went to cali. he learned the MK match up like the back of his hand. He knows that match up better than any sonic player.
well yea obvi, you go oos, you go to a area with good mk players thats the end result

not brainer obvi, but to see it get him that far? marvelous

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha i wondered when M2K would get in here with Espy once again claiming that the only reason X won is because people don't know the Sonic matchup.

Espy, get over it. People know the match up. If you can 2-0 Tyrant then sure maybe you have something, but I think it might be time to admit that X is just better than the rest of us and its not Sonic, but the player. Sure M2K learned and adapted, but how many times has a new player with a completely different character (reminiscent of Dojo a few months back) gone up 2-0 on M2K before losing in the grand finals. M2K read X, not Sonic.

You think that you're held back due to your character. News Flash: You aren't. It's you.

Sorry, I really like your playstyle Espy, and you're great for the boards, but you gotta stop making up excuses when X does well. It's super obvious.

-Bad Sonic Main

Tenki

Smash Hero
But M2K did start punishing the D-airs, for example, only in the later games :3
I've been saying this since people seemed to be intent on suddenly validating spring D-air.

If there's something to be commended, it's that X doesn't just discount things because they're punishable.

Abuse something until it's punished.
...until it's punished

Also, lol @ everyone jumping on Espy. It's congratulatory trolling.
lol u guize
:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Haha i wondered when M2K would get in here with Espy once again claiming that the only reason X won is because people don't know the Sonic matchup.
Wait, I said that?
Read through my posts. Not once did I say it was because of match up inexperience.

Espy, get over it. People know the match up. If you can 2-0 Tyrant then sure maybe you have something, but I think it might be time to admit that X is just better than the rest of us and its not Sonic, but the player. Sure M2K learned and adapted, but how many times has a new player with a completely different character (reminiscent of Dojo a few months back) gone up 2-0 on M2K before losing in the grand finals. M2K read X, not Sonic.
Again, said nothing about the match up.
Also, I've admitted this in another thread in Tactical. X beat Tyrant and DSF, and almost M2K. Not Sonic.

You think that you're held back due to your character. News Flash: You aren't. It's you.
Yeah. I agree. Ganondorf players are at fault for not being better either.

Sorry, I really like your playstyle Espy, and you're great for the boards, but you gotta stop making up excuses when X does well. It's super obvious.
It's not so much making excuses as it is mocking DSF and Tyrant for losing what is clearly an easy match up in their favor.

X ***** them. Simple as that.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not so much making excuses as it is mocking DSF and Tyrant for losing what is clearly an easy match up in their favor.

X ***** them. Simple as that.
Also, lol @ everyone jumping on Espy. It's congratulatory trolling.
lol u guize
:093:
called it :>

I wonder though, if X's pressure game/gimps were effective in slowing down how long it took for M2K to adapt to his playstyle.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Adapting to someone takes time.
Losing stock so early like M2K did in the first two sets cuts down on time (unless planking's involved).

Since M2K didn't plank in any of the games, he lost valuable time he could've spent learning X's play style by letting X gimp him twice.

I love you too, Tenki. Sometimes, I feel like you, and ironically KID (in this case, at least), are the only ones who ever know my true intentions on the Sonic boards.

4nace

Smash Ace
I know you don't mention matchup experience here, but i've heard that many times after X ***** things.

But saying things like "Tyrant and DSF are scrubs for losing to a Sonic" is making excuses. Sure it's funny that they lost to a character that we all consider to not be very good. But honestly, that is just a sign of where X is at.

I feel like people get so wrapped up in current Matchup percents and whatnot that they forget there is a game going on and reading and adapting is much more important than who you pick really. (Unless like you said you love Gdorf)

Sure X has an odd playstyle and it does get a bit repetitive, but he's not going to beat top players by simply rolling around the stage mindlessly. He reads, he learns and he punishes.

I'm not saying that every character can be successful, but I think that X is showing that maybe we are not looking at the game correctly. Shaky shows this too with Ness. Maybe being effective isn't about learning all the techs, or trying to play similarly to how other good characters play. People are saying X's "2008 Sonic" is good. While I wouldn't call it that, maybe it shows that Sonic can be effective, just not the way we play him.

You could keep saying that Sonic sucks and Metaknights shouldn't lose to him. Okay, then we'll sit here and twiddle our thumbs as the best Sonic who goes on the boards says we can't beat metaknight. Or we could just ignore the matchups and try to come up with our own way to bait and punish top players.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
4ace, you're hilarious. Calling them scrubs isn't an excuse, it's an intentional insult at their skill.

Also, I always ignore match ups and whatnot when it comes to tournaments, but that doesn't change the fact that they ARE bad match ups.

Match up ratios simply dictate how difficult of a hill you have to climb to win. It doesn't mean you can't climb it. MK shouldn't lose, but he does, sometimes.

Again, read my last post. I'm openly mocking Tyrant and DSF's ability to deal with it.

Losing to a Sonic, even after you have all of this experience, and being claimed to be a top player simultaneously, is to me, comical. This is also why I agree with Halberd in the quote D3 grabbed.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Only way M2K can beat gnes is by scrooging.

Espy has actually beaten Gnes...with Sonic.

/Texas meatride

4nace

Smash Ace
I guess I just disagree that losing to a Sonic takes away from being a top player. I think it says more about the Sonic than the Metaknight.

I've been watching vids still, but haven't been playing much at all. But I still think that Espy and X are pretty much the same skill level and then there's a big gap when it comes to Sonic. They both need to travel more in my opinion.

Also, I haven't been around in a while so I don't know what happens when X wins recently, but don't try to say you haven't come in with reasons why he wins other than he simply outskilled his opponents.

Browny

Smash Hater
oh FFS

once again X proves all your misconceptions wrong. Remember when everyone said that sonic is soooo bad, and that dtilt makes the MU unwinnable? Everyone here went out and PROVED that sonic isnt actually that bad and went on to win the difficult matchups. lets look at this again.

Remember when everyone said that spindash is soooo bad, and that the enemy playing properly makes the MU unwinnable? X went out and PROVED that spindash isnt actually that bad and went on to beat some of the best players in the nation who use metaknight.

hmmmmm.

Im so sick of this johning for other people, or outright calling them scrubs. Espy you gotta realise that calling tyrant and dsf scrubs for losing to X is really, really poor form. Theres some kids out there who are born amazing at certain video games and you will never understand how they can do the things they do. Maybe its possible that X is like this, and his ability to work with sonics limited options is on a level the rest of us can never acheive, so we take the hard road to getting better. That doesnt make his playstyle bad and the people he beats are just as good as ever.

You know I once tried to emulate X's playstyle, and I found that I got wrecked because of it. I dont jump to the conclusion that spindash spamming and spring-dair is scrubby, simple to beat and anyone who loses to it is horrible at the game. I accept that X can make it work, and I cant. What it is im missing I may never know and I find my own way and different playstyle to win. Why cant you just do the same?

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
LOL for a second I thought it was Inui posting... then I looked at the name and it was Espy!! hahahahahaha

He actually said that Tyrant and DSF suck and are scrubs. I'm pretty sure both these players have gone and ***** the East Coast. LMAO after saying that, how do you expect to be taken seriously??

LOL at Inui... err I mean Espy arguing with M2K

I would LOVE to see Espy play Tyrant or DSF and see how he does against them. Even yet, let's see Espy take a game... even a stock off of M2K hahahaha

The reason X wins is because instead of johning about how badly Sonic sucks, he keeps playing and figures out what to do. It doesn't matter how much you study his vids. He wins because of his ability to adapt and to read his opponent. He'll keep doing well because he's a smart player and continues to advance his game.

I'm a random scrub but I'll MM Espy for any amount he wants if we ever meet hahaha

___X___

Smash Lord
If anyone is curious... the main reason I won matches was because I had the support of my friends and family by my side!!
everyone around me had my back, and when that happens.. I just get way happy.
dunno, I just play a lot better when I know I have people there for me.

Winning matches isn't about what moves you use, or what character play.
it's about just being smart and having fun playing the game!!

The tourney was way amazing for me.
I didn't expect to place that high!!
Boy, was I happy!!

Haters will hate.
lovers will love.

Say what you will, but the truth stands loud and clear :)

Gnes

Smash Master
Only to you, M2K, for this one instance.

Oh, and I've also beaten Razer twice, M2K. Our current records vs. each other in tournament is 2-2.
I've also taken Gnes to a second set in a tournament grand finals, and have taken Dojo to last stock several times in the past.

But that's not the point here. X is. Now carry along. Maybe you should try practicing your z-catches and instant throws.
This was a beautiful post, and has inspired me to not skip work today.
I'll have to wait till i see the vids to say my opinion, but i just cant fathom how dsf(well sort of) and tyrant(wtf yo, step it up baby), keep losing when the very nature of their character counters sonic. Oh well.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
yeah... we went pretty ape **** when we saw that pic. lol we want to see vids

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Saltiness doesn't belong in this thread.

With that said, X I hope you know what is expected of you now. You now hold the title of the most powerful Sonic player. You will face many stressful moments in a mental sense. You will have both normal and overzealous fanboys and haters. You will be expected to show consistency in your skill, fail to do this and your reign will be short lived.

Continue kicking *** out there, this was just a start. If you can afford it, may I suggest you hit up Apex too? Now that will be a test of your skill.

Why can't I stop staring at greatness' sig o_O?

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
woooooooo go X. All the sonic mains out there keep steppin it up. No more salt here guys. Espy play nice with M2K.

M2k we all know your awesome, your really good and there is a reason you are the best. Don't start ****.

again GG X cant wait to see watchable vids lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you cant stop staring at gnes' sig, because those women are gorgeous beyond belief, with the ability to shake parts of their bodies in ways most of us cant even comprehend.

X wont be going to apex, hes too poor. he took like 2-3 of his brothers to the sin2 and only he was able to enter... However I dont know what happens to all of the money he wins trashing these wc tourneys...

Maybe if Utah and the rest of the WC put forth some kind of fund to get him there and prove that hes TRULY the best sonic, since every good sonic (Me, Speed, ITT, others) besides Espy most likely, and every sonic killer, (Malcolm, Shugo, Jash, Dojo, San), will be there, then he could show the EC what hes really capable of. But as of right now, its not looking very likely

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wow. You guys are all a ****ing riot. This is the best semi-sorta flame war I've seen in a while.

lol Mad disrespects and trolls all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom