• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X is the best sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah. I just watched a bunch of recent sets of myself.
Been getting kinda sloppy. Think I'll fix a few things up in the next couple of tournaments.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Funny. Two of those three things are exactly what DOESN'T happen down here.
They drop the shield, then run away, because that's what you're supposed to do.
^^^^
[1]
I've always followed my own way when it comes to playing Sonic. You all can try to replicate all you want, but I've simply taken techniques and approaches capable with Sonic (even 2008 Spin Dash & Spin Charge), and ran with them. I make this character my own.
^^^^^^^^^^

Copypasta'ing X's strategy will only lead to failure. I guarantee it.
If you really want it, make a variant. Implement his style, and make it your own through subtle changes.
^^^^
[2]

^^^^^^^^^^

Following up, if you just Spin Dash/Spin Charge spam, if you rise up out of it like a lot have the tendency to do, you are easily punished by a back air or something if the opponent shielded through your approaches too.
^^^^
[1]

UThrow > Spring > UAir still works for me. Most of it being on either bad DI, and waiting for my opponent to air dodge and then whipping out UAir. There is one problem with this though. Spring chasing an opponent who could easily kill you up there (MK? Prime example. you overshoot and you're the one eating his UAir, DAir, or even a Tornado (epic set-up counter right there if they conveniently catch you. high-risk, good pay off to beat everything the Sonic has))

It's why for those that DI my UThrow, things evolved for me and I prefer using to spring chase with a BAir. Same result of a kill if they don't DI horizontally, less danger.

So many different things. Your weaknesses and strengths are all the same, but it's how you use them that counts.
^^^^
[2]

This is why things such as an triple aerial spin charge into the shield/opponent were found.
^^^^
[3]

Okay.

[1] Is what happens when people learn to fight Sonic. When people know that increasing distance vs Spindash opens up different counterattack possibilities. When people know that in order to punish iSDR, you just have to camp for when they leave it (because otherwise it's a suicide move). When people know how to punish SDR>Aerial by doing a shield> counter aerial.

[2] You'll have to make it your own because the people around you will fight Sonic differently. Everyone has different amounts/kinds of experience and familiarity with Sonic. So when you play, abuse the people around you until punished. If they suck at punishing spindash, spring aerials, etc, then abuse it until they catch on, and adapt your playstyle accordingly.

[3] Why we use them, yes. Probably not why we found them lol.

Also, randomly @ X:
Hey, on Rainbow Cruise, did you know about the flying iSDR from the right side of the ship? It's great. As soon as you hit the air, NOTHINGNOTHINGNOTHING can hit you out of it lol.

Zucco

Smash Master
X looks like allied in that pic in his sig...
Lol, Agreed.

X is better than Espy because X doesnt waste his time being a Furry.

I think

Just let X have his moment. He's Awesome.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Leave me out of this.
Well, could you at the very least leave me a download link somewhere so you won't have to be pestered, please? I've been meaning to play with other people around my skill level but I can't get them the game.

Edit:

Actually Wedge, I thought that picture was a meatride, as in Sonic was X and everybody meatriding him was that guy. I love the way a picture can be interpreted in so many different ways.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well, could you at the very least leave me a download link somewhere so you won't have to be pestered, please? I've been meaning to play with other people around my skill level but I can't get them the game.
It's not a problem, but you shouldn't just say touhou is the solution to everything.

Think of it this way. Speed gets depressed when he lose.

Major deep lucky **** happens in touhou.

Speed might become suicidal after playing that game.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's not a problem, but you shouldn't just say touhou is the solution to everything.

Think of it this way. Speed gets depressed when he lose.

Major deep lucky **** happens in touhou.

Speed might become suicidal after playing that game.
I didn't say it was the solution, I just said it "may" help. :<

However, please do explain this lucky stuff to me over AIM. Though if you ask me it isn't like people do/n't get lucky in Brawl either. Or any fighter for that matter. Don't know what makes Touhou any more or any less susceptible to having luck decide the winner.

... I notice this is off-topic. I don't think anybody cares with this kind of thread though. Or maybe it's for the sake of helping out somebody that it may be alright to go off topic.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
This is never going to be solved until Espy takes on Mew2King. Or X hits up Texas or the East Coast in general and it's seen how far he goes there.

Until then, this thread has become useless and is now down to trying to pick sides here.

Someone should close this.

Browny

Smash Hater
This is never going to be solved until Espy takes on Mew2King. Or X hits up Texas or the East Coast in general and it's seen how far he goes there.
Settle it via a chili dog eating contest imo. Sonic trivia is biased coz that favours who has more free time/money to get things like comics/games, but this would be the ultimate truth.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol, Agreed.

X is better than Espy because X doesnt waste his time being a Furry.
Your reason for editing be ****ed, because you knew this was coming.
*ahem*

Shouldn't you be pleasing yourself to Remilia, or something like that?
At the very least, go main Arcana Hearts. That game was made just for you.

The Sonic is X.
The guy in front is Tyrant.
Let's get it.
That picture would be hilarious if the fursuiters in the background didn't destroy it. We need someone to 'shop it in the same vein as the Shugo & OS picture.

Xyro gave him a golden opportunity. I'm sure he'd do it again after hearing about this...
I think.

Settle it via a chili dog eating contest imo. Sonic trivia is biased coz that favours who has more free time/money to get things like comics/games, but this would be the ultimate truth.
I'm pretty hungry right now. I vouch for this idea.

Zucco

Smash Master
Your reason for editing be ****ed, because you knew this was coming.
*ahem*

Shouldn't you be pleasing yourself to Remilia, or something like that?
At the very least, go main Arcana Hearts. That game was made just for you.
I braced myself for impact. Our little quarrels usually go the same way each time lolol. That being said, Theres too much Remilia pics to sort through so I dont waste my time and Arcana Hearts doesnt really look like that great of a game(or at least it doesnt look like something I care about enough to get decent at), though Its obvious why you said it was made for me lol.

Lilica is hot.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I really wanted to come when xyro gave me that deal, but I simply had no way to get there :(
I wanted you to go too, X. ;-;
It would've been one hell of a day.

I braced myself for impact. Our little quarrels usually go the same way each time lolol. That being said, Theres too much Remilia pics to sort through so I dont waste my time and Arcana Hearts doesnt really look like that great of a game(or at least it doesnt look like something I care about enough to get decent at), though Its obvious why you said it was made for me lol.

Lilica is hot.
I love you, Zucco.
In the same way I love KID.

It's just overshadowed by all the hate-love-hate things I say.

If you EVER come down to Texas for a tournament that I'm at, I'll buy you some food, or a soda, or something.
Don't think I'm joking either, I've done things like this before. Ask Leaf.

Zucco

Smash Master
I wanted you to go too, X. ;-;
It would've been one hell of a day.

I love you, Zucco.
In the same way I love KID.

It's just overshadowed by all the hate-love-hate things I say.

If you EVER come down to Texas for a tournament that I'm at, I'll buy you some food, or a soda, or something.
Don't think I'm joking either, I've done things like this before. Ask Leaf.
lol awesome. I have a few reasons for wanting to go to Texas actually, its just hard for me to actually afford the trip and such. I remember Atomsk talking about wanting to go down for a Hobo again soon when I traveled with him not too long ago. Ill bring it up next time I see him.

Ive never been on a plane actually. I must do this!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Espy reminded me of an idea I had right after sin2.

We need a demotivational poster of a zero suit samus charging down smash next to a sonic charging spindash.

Caption:
Nick Riddle and __X__
"Showing us that we were all better at smash in 2008"

The part in quotes could be a few different things... but as long as its something that conveys the point.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

We need a demotivational poster of a zero suit samus charging down smash next to a sonic charging spindash.

Caption:
Nick Riddle and __X__

The part in quotes could be a few different things... but as long as its something that conveys the point.
Somebody please get on this. :(
And use Green ZSS and Black Sonic plz.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My god. That motivational poster would almost be as good as Shugo dunking over OS.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We need someone to 'shop it in the same vein as the Shugo & OS picture.
It won't take off only because Tyrant has a big-@#$ afro.

Caption:
Nick Riddle and __X__

This too, is brilliant.

The motivational poster is just a sequel to Shugo dunking over OS.

Sequels can be special, but it's hard to beat the original.
I will admit that picture will forever have a place in my heart, but this would be fancy too.

CTX

Smash Journeyman

Caption:
Nick Riddle and __X__

I shall give credit where credit is due...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Those are taunts.

Sonic should be charging spindash (08)
ZSS should be charging down smash (08)

;p

shrekbad

Smash Rookie
NNID
shrekbad
okay after reading all 16 pages in one day all I have to say is PINGAS! and Awesome Job _X_

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
update to my Idea.

I will make this more defined.

Smashville
Dusk or daytime background
sonic (black) is in the middle, charging down b
in front of him is a spring
behind him, is another black sonic, in mid air, in the middle of his dair
at the left side of them is a green ZSS charging down smash
and at the right side of them is another green ZSS side b ing.

Same captions I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom