• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. Results & Pictures! -4/19/08- Extensive Results now on AiB!

flaco

The Terminator
flaco - if you were there, i didn't see you nor did anyone mention you were there, so sorry you didn't sign my big paper.

AND TO EVERYONE ELSE.
i was the kid with the big paper.
lol
bro you were outside i ask you let me sing your paper but you said no cuz I didn't play you remember um the tall black dude who was mad at sleep he sing it but you left I see how it is you don't like me cuz am skinny lmao

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Acknowledgments:

Brookman: Falcon is gay. M2K > you at pausing. No johns. See you at the next TOURNAMENT.
Alex: I love you and your basement and your amazing cat and your hot friends and your multiple laser pointers and your absurdly comfortable bed and YOU. And TOURNAMENTS.
Axel: It was fun chilling with you at this shindig. You're one of the more laid back guys I've met. Enjoy my ****ty signature.
Charlie: F**k Brawl.
Spawn: You're gay. Nah, you're all right. Thanks for reminding me why I'll never play Brawl. In TOURNAMENT.
Manny: You make me feel uncomfortable sometimes (that's what she said).
M2K: You're awesome. Thanks for all the advice and helping me to suck slightly less.
Velocity: Play Melee.
Chibo & Vex: Good games.
HBK: Too good.
Hazz: Your Fox is pretty. Aren't tournaments fun?
Tetra: Good to see you again after so long.
**** Tom: Didn't see much of you. Let's play Melee next time.
OBM: Good to see you're continuing to rep the GW. The goatee suits you nicely.
Wes: Always a pleasure.
Jake: As kind a soul as I have ever met. Play moar gay. <3
Cort: Congrats on first and stuff.
PC: Too good. Let's play Melee next time.
JV: Me and Brookman spent a good chunk of our viewing experience making fun of the movie. Meanwhile, Spawn fell asleep. LOL. Also, Brawl sucks.
Jam: I assumed the kid was yours because he was ****** @ Smash. I realized my error before the words had even left my mouth. I hope to see you around more with the advent of Brawl.
Lilian: Actually, I've worn EXCLUSIVELY Armani for a long time now. I'm surprised you just noticed! We forgot to play team friendlies. :(
Aesir: *fsmash* Our matches were extremely tournament.
Mike$: The sound of you pushing buttons is music to my ears.
AwsmSean: You're cool.
Darc: Sorry to make you shave your nuts for nothing.
Dazwa: Good stuff in the tournament. I wish I didn't hate Brawl so I could play with you.
Th0rn: 'Twas fun playing you. Stop being rusty so you can **** me next time.
Banks: We didn't play much that I can remember. That makes me sad. :(
Skler: I finally beat you in TOURNAMENT!
Boxman: Thanks for the fries. You're awesome in a number of ways.
Morgan: I enjoy your company.
Paul & Sabrina: Nice to see you folks.
DDR machine: Thanks for the show.
Everybody who played Melee with me: Thanks for keeping me company in my state of denial.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good stuff to everyone who went to this. I promise I'll be at the next one.

Also, thanks to everyone who showed up at Capital on Friday. It was a great success, despite the lack of space. I'll try to schedule another one the day before the next ESTICLE, since that seems to work out pretty well.

Zoso, I hope that Gabriel is as good as that kid is. He's amazing for his age.

ky

Smash Ace
good s*it to everyone that went.... I did not go but I wish I had seen cort's snake play......sol says I need to see it

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
If you like Cort walking around with Snake...shielding when you attack...and than following up with either

a jab combo fake to throw
a f tilt
a d tilt
an u tilt
a jab combo
or a throw

and when you fall off the ledge to follow up with a fully charged dash cancel u smash followed by a reverse b air to up B recovery....yeah its pretty cool.

Does not place mines often, LOVES C4, and actually has a good mind game set with grenades. Most famous thing to do is pull a grenade.......shield.....and than wait for the opponent to attack. You get hurt...but he will not.

Cort

Apple Head
I don't think I dtilt at all

Also it seems like you're a little mad at my style. Sorry I don't play Meta Knight and just mash buttons :laugh:

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
No, im not mad. Sorry if it came out like that. You d tilted me to u tilt on Lylat....

Every character in Brawl is extremely easy to use and pickup...I hate when people complain about certain characters. They are all either extremely powerful, REALLY QUICK, or really campy.

By the way, i played melee tonight for three hours straight with one of my friends from school.....I ***** him soooo badly. Thank you everyone for helping me improve!!!! My Marth and Falco are slowly getting better!!

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
If you like Cort walking around with Snake...shielding when you attack...and than following up with either

a jab combo fake to throw
a f tilt
a d tilt
an u tilt
a jab combo
or a throw

and when you fall off the ledge to follow up with a fully charged dash cancel u smash followed by a reverse b air to up B recovery....yeah its pretty cool.

Does not place mines often, LOVES C4, and actually has a good mind game set with grenades. Most famous thing to do is pull a grenade.......shield.....and than wait for the opponent to attack. You get hurt...but he will not.
Hmm... I don't remember Cort using C4 that often to where he would "love it". I know I place them much more often... I've seen him use it maybe 2-3 times against me, and barely any (if at all) against PC and M2K. Just saying.

Also, I saw M2K using DDD's infinite chaingrab on Yoshi's Island against PC. IDK if this was a tournament match or not, but I've stumbled upon a somewhat similar technique with Snake.

Is that kind of stuff legal in tournaments? I believe there are ways to get out of Snake's, but I dont think there are ways to get out of DDD's if yr certain characters...

Cort

Apple Head
Hmm... I don't remember Cort using C4 that often to where he would "love it". I know I place them much more often... I've seen him use it maybe 2-3 times against me, and barely any (if at all) against PC and M2K. Just saying.

Also, I saw M2K using DDD's infinite chaingrab on Yoshi's Island against PC. IDK if this was a tournament match or not, but I've stumbled upon a somewhat similar technique with Snake.

Is that kind of stuff legal in tournaments? I believe there are ways to get out of Snake's, but I dont think there are ways to get out of DDD's if yr certain characters...
PC and M2K were friendlying, and that infinite is only possible in very specific character matchups vs DDD. It's allowed *shrug*. DDD can CG DK barely moving forward each time, he can literally get like an easy 100+% if he gets a grab.

Snake's down throw at the ledge is not an infinite, people recover at the exact same time you do from throwing them and they can instantly attack the moment they leave the ground/get pushed off/jump/air dodge/anything really. It'll work vs people who've never seen it before or don't know what to do, but otherwise the technique flops/isn't a true infinite.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Shoutouts:

Alex: 3 days at your place = amazing <3.
Spawn: 13 is amazing, my asian friend calls it chinese poker. O_O @ DDR
Manny: Lol.
Zoso: You shoulda played in the tournament. 12.34 is amazing.
Brookman: Melee.
Jake: We didn't get to play off lagfi other than in teams. :(
OBM: Your GW is ****.
Jam: I miss you. T_T I coulda sworn I saw Gabriel mouth out mm.
JV: <3
$, Trade: Lol, figure 8.
ZK: $ sucks.
Dazwa: Chris is too good. :p
Darc: Ness, grr.
Thorn: Lol, ffa's = amazing. My sheik is gay.
Banks: Teams were fun.
Skler: Lulz we are evenly matched in gh. lvl 9 ganon is ****.
Cort: Thanks for teaching me this game.
PC: Nice seeing you again, too bad couldn't hang out at your place Wed.
Lil: Good job almost killing us.
Aiser: Poker is 2 good.
PoF: o_O @ placing. Nice job w/ ur meta.
DD: Wish we had played some more. :-/
Khaly: I want a psp now.
Wes: Ggs.
Vex: DDD is ****.

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
Late quick shoutouts

Tetra - LOL Drive to CT for a game we don't play.....Going was still fun.

HBK - Guess Falco isn't that broken compared to other characters....

Brookman - Pause D.I. is amazing

Zoso - Falcon is beast. If you switch, you can't knee people, and there's no fun in that. And brawl tournaments are madd fun, when there's a melee setup lol

Chewman - Still tipper king

Everyone playing Melee - You're all cool

PC - You're cooler than them.

Cort - How do I beat you? Tell me the secret.

Everyone else - Good seeing those people I know and good meeting those I didn't.

And for the record, me and Tetra were Black Hat.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
LOL @ Brookman. He kept forward-bing M2K with fox and was getting away with it. It made me laugh.

good seeing you hazz and tetra.

good shiz to everyone that drove far to come to a **** Brawl tournament. Next month it will be the Hungry Hungry Hippos championship. The top four will play tic-tac-toe. The last two players will rock, paper, scissors. And the winner will play a game of solitare....and if he loses....we start the whole tourney over.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Good **** to everyone at the tourney. Gonzales and Siyko, you guys both ***** me, keep it up! I can't believe I didn't play melee a single time I was there, probably too scared of getting my rusty *** kicked by everyone.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It does look a lot like me with a fro...
eh the teeth are a complete mismatch at the very least

it was that distinct shade of red...no, the distinct shade of skler in his hair that made me think of you, TheAlmightySkler

I really need to do those outshouts

Top Bottom