• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. Results & Pictures! -4/19/08- Extensive Results now on AiB!

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
That usually doesn't work out to well especially if they land on your hotel properties when you're jailed.

actually you still get moeny if your in jail and somebody lands on your hotels, however there's a rule that after 3 turns you have to pay the 50$ fine to get out.In other words you cant stay in jail forever

Brookman

Smash Hero
Yo, baka knows what's up in the world of Monops. Remember back in like, 06/07 when we played mad monops online? they took the free servers down...****ING NOOBS:mad:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Yea, I bet your friends hate edge hogging too, huh?
I had one friend, who wasn't really into competitive smash, where when I edgehogged him (and I'm pretty sure it was the first time he's seen it done), he talked to me later about how "I've never seen anything like that before, it's incredibly smart."

He was a good kid.

I'll do shoutouts once I work on re-sizing this next batch of a billion avatars.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
Really? my friends are usually like NO THATS DUMB. >_>

well there's a lot of rules in monopoly that were made to balance the game, if you dont follow them thougth the game becomes ********. There's this one rule where you cant build all your houses on one property you have to build them evenly. So no whoring the best property.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
rules to monopoly? that's stupid...

-no items
-fox only
-final destination

on an honest note: screw them dumb rules for monopoly, i'll play it how i want.. it's a board game.

but tbh, LIFE is amazing =]

ThreeX

Smash Lord
ariteeee, well i wasn't talking about the cereal, but cinnamon life is really good..

and who is this captain crunch you are talking?

does he also have a devastating knee? and intimidating nipples?

SEXY

Smash Cadet
well there's a lot of rules in monopoly that were made to balance the game, if you dont follow them thougth the game becomes ********. There's this one rule where you cant build all your houses on one property you have to build them evenly. So no whoring the best property.

really? i never heard of that rule. i think its generally dumb to build your stuff all on 1 space and hope that everyone you are playing with lands on that 1/40(?) spot. So, i cant imagine anyone even thinking of doing and even if u land on it what, do u have to pay lik onces and gtfo? even on the best property i dont think it would matter too much >_>

btw Gonzales cool to meet u ;-3 too bad we didnt brawl at the DM

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
when you build the third house, your profits jump quite a bit, so if you can only afford 3 houses, its much better to put them all on one property then 1 on each because the expected return is much greater (also, certain properties are landed on more commonly, like illinois avenue)

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i've always playd the spread them out equally rule, which i think is better anyway, you get money slowerbut the chances of someone actually landing one you property increases making it worth the investment, you spend 1000 bux to put a hotel on boardwalk (after the 750 you paid to get boardwalk and park place) whats the point if no one lands on it... also railroads are top tier

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
when you build the third house, your profits jump quite a bit, so if you can only afford 3 houses, its much better to put them all on one property then 1 on each because the expected return is much greater (also, certain properties are landed on more commonly, like illinois avenue)
That's assuming that a $1000 payment is twice as useful as a $500 payment, which is not always the case. Having a better chance of making less money is sometimes preferable, because it allows for exponential growth in profits.

Assume that every lap they land on one of the three spaces - you could build up on one space and have a 1/3 chance of a rather debilitating payment. So in 3 laps, odds are they'd get hit with a 3-house rent. Or you could build one house on each - first lap they land on one, gives you enough money to build another house on each, second lap they land on another, gives you enough money to build two more houses on each.... etc. You're better off on each house than you were on your 'money' house.

But, the 'spread out' is a rule in every version i've ever played, so it's moot...

Brookman

Smash Hero
The best properties in the game are the orange and red, the corner by free parking, that is. Yellow is alright, green isn't really worth the investment.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
wow the monopoly conversation is actually the most strategic thougth i've ever seen smashers put into a game. Monopoly is top tier yo, i wish i could play some online monopoly with you guy's it be cool.I do have one rule thougth.

NO VOLTRON!!!!

Banks

Smash Hero
o dullahan btwe that was me who was the pikachu and i only insisted on taking the win because i had the upperhand but if i were you i would have wanted the tiebreaker too its all gravy lolol

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
That's assuming that a $1000 payment is twice as useful as a $500 payment, which is not always the case. Having a better chance of making less money is sometimes preferable, because it allows for exponential growth in profits.

Assume that every lap they land on one of the three spaces - you could build up on one space and have a 1/3 chance of a rather debilitating payment. So in 3 laps, odds are they'd get hit with a 3-house rent. Or you could build one house on each - first lap they land on one, gives you enough money to build another house on each, second lap they land on another, gives you enough money to build two more houses on each.... etc. You're better off on each house than you were on your 'money' house.

But, the 'spread out' is a rule in every version i've ever played, so it's moot...
look here http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Monopoly/Official_Rules

notice that in general, the amount you make jumps up enormously from 2 houses to 3 houses on most properties. lets take the red monopoly as an example. if you go the 1 house route, then each time they'll land on it and, if you're incredibly lucky and incur no costs in your own travels, then you should have enough to build one house ($150) each time an opponent circles. if you have 3 houses on one, then you have a 1/3 chance of making $700/$750, an expected value of $233/250. not only is that much higher than the EV of one house on each ($93), but it will make a serious impact on your cashflow, allowing you to build 4 or 5 more houses. it's a much better decision; if you're still convince that your playstyle is better, i'll money match you without the 'spread out' rule.

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
look here http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Monopoly/Official_Rules

notice that in general, the amount you make jumps up enormously from 2 houses to 3 houses on most properties. lets take the red monopoly as an example. if you go the 1 house route, then each time they'll land on it and, if you're incredibly lucky and incur no costs in your own travels, then you should have enough to build one house ($150) each time an opponent circles. if you have 3 houses on one, then you have a 1/3 chance of making $700/$750, an expected value of $233/250. not only is that much higher than the EV of one house on each ($93), but it will make a serious impact on your cashflow, allowing you to build 4 or 5 more houses. it's a much better decision; if you're still convince that your playstyle is better, i'll money match you without the 'spread out' rule.
holy **** scrub, read my post - of course the possible return is more than 3x higher, but that doesn't make it 3x as beneficial to win that return. Win some tournaments with your gay strat, and i dont mean ****ty campus basement tourneys, then we'll talk.

If you wanna MM fine, see you at the next gathering. Dibs on the scottish terrier.

Top Bottom