• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF is up with all the noobs lately?

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
*shrug* So what if there are more "noobs"? We were all noobs once, too. Better to see more and more newcomers, IMO. That way there are more people to train, practice with, so on and so forth. Most people who claim to be "competitive" or "pro" usually aren't, and when they are, they're usually not much fun to play with, or they suck as human beings. It's easier to make friends with noobs. :)

...perhaps they aren't noobs afterall? Could be bad lag. Many people are still too ******** to port forward/DMZ their Wiis to fix the issue.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
This thread was made back around Christmas when there was an outbreak of noobs. Now I'm actually starting to find some people who are good.
I honestly don't know WHAT you guys are talking about.

All the people I play with in WiFi are perfectly competent and non-noobish.
Either you are blind or extremely lucky. Or we all have terrinle luck.
*shrug* So what if there are more "noobs"? We were all noobs once, too. Better to see more and more newcomers, IMO. That way there are more people to train, practice with, so on and so forth. Most people who claim to be "competitive" or "pro" usually aren't, and when they are, they're usually not much fun to play with, or they suck as human beings. It's easier to make friends with noobs. :)

...perhaps they aren't noobs afterall? Could be bad lag. Many people are still too ******** to port forward/DMZ their Wiis to fix the issue.
It's annoying when you want a good fight and all you get are people who do stuff like Din's Fire spam and campping to win. People who don't know much aren't bad, in fact, they are usually the ones who taunt spam. Actually that technically wouldn't make them noobs.

Rhythm

Smash Rookie
Eh, I go online most of the time nowadays, I usually find someone who's worth my time. Ive seen hardly any new people myself, just spammers like usual, characters that take little effort in killing with cheap tactics (like say, mind-game lure dorks?) or sniping unearned kills, and taunt spammers who are fairly fun to destroy. Other then that I do find some "normal" people out there who just want a good match. Sadly not everyone has more then half a brain in their skull.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually starting to find some people who are good (a guy Ken combo'd me). Still finding a lot of stupid people though.

chris the brawler

Smash Ace
i agree with you, but i don't really see the reason with complaining about it. thats how "vs anyone" is supposed to be. if you wanna play seriusly, get a bunch of friends then sort out the ones you enjoy playing with and delete the others.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I've actually seen a few decent players. Some snakes know how to do the snake slide thing, but a lot of those players are still noobs.
Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't think pro snakes spam slide, nades, and ftilt for an entire game.

btw, what's the right term for the snake slide?

dethwaker3

Smash Cadet
Well that's kinda rude...Yes, I am a noob :(

But you don't need to say that, it hurts feeling

Edit: But, why would people not know how to recover???

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I've actually seen a few decent players. Some snakes know how to do the snake slide thing, but a lot of those players are still noobs.
Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't think pro snakes spam slide, nades, and ftilt for an entire game.

btw, what's the right term for the snake slide?
I hope I'm not one of those people. But I agree. People are doing it more lately.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I wouldn't mind it so much if they turned their freaking items off XP...
I've been in a few excellent team battle groups, but I've given up on basic Brawl so much that I only use it for taunt parties anymore...
but what can you expect...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I hope I'm not one of those people.
Not likely, but someone who finds a Snake FAQ and is like oh! cool, starts doing those things, I remember when I first learned I could drop grenades, but the good snakes do all his moves for a reason, and when a snake dash gets pulled out when you're not expecting it could be a ko

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
It's Wifi. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Edit: Wth is wrong with using the C-stick???
Imo, nothing really unless you only attack with it. That Pit kept spamming F-smash over and over again and kept stealing my hard worked kills. And more people are learning how to abuse it because in every room I entered yesterday there was a guy who kept spamming smash attacks and it was obvious he was using the C-Stick or Shake Smash.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
You're seriously complaining that people are using the c-stick? That's just ridiculous.

And so is quitting Brawl over the lack of quality players in With Anyone.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
very true wi-fi is full of noobs thats why u dont basic brawl and also the c stick is not cheap all of the time it is most the time though so u cold say wi-fi sucks

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
When did I say the C-Stick was cheap? I use it for aerials all the time. Not to mention I need it for ATs. I even use it for smashes sometimes. I just said it's annoying to fight a guy who keeps spamming smashes and not using any other attacks. I can still beat them. I just find it annoying to approach them. <_<

Geist

Smash Master
c-stick is for anyone but it should be used more for beginners
C-stick is generally related with the noob because of the misconception that it takes any amount of skill to pull off a successful smash attack, and that it is hard to avoid the same move used over and over again. Both conceptions are false, obviously.

The truth: The C-Stick eliminates any lag that may be presented by charging up a smash attack by the A button, and when used in midair, doesn't affect your momentum (other than fastfalling). This is good for approaching with an arial or spacing a retreat with a forward air. All of the experienced players use it frequently.

All in all, I'd say that a person who complains of "unfairness" and can't handle a noob mashing a C-stick is more of a noob themselves.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
C-stick is generally related with the noob because of the misconception that it takes any amount of skill to pull off a successful smash attack, and that it is hard to avoid the same move used over and over again. Both conceptions are false, obviously.

The truth: The C-Stick eliminates any lag that may be presented by charging up a smash attack by the A button, and when used in midair, doesn't affect your momentum (other than fastfalling). This is good for approaching with an arial or spacing a retreat with a forward air. All of the experienced players use it frequently.

All in all, I'd say that a person who complains of "unfairness" and can't handle a noob mashing a C-stick is more of a noob themselves.
When did I say I can't handle it? It's just annoying. Not unfair. not cheap. If I siad that, I'd be a hypocrite. Just like spammers. They get predictable and are easily punished. I just don't like hearing 'HEYAH! HEYAH! HEYAH!' every second.

Geist

Smash Master
When did I say I can't handle it? It's just annoying. Not unfair. not cheap. If I siad that, I'd be a hypocrite. Just like spammers. They get predictable and are easily punished. I just don't like hearing 'HEYAH! HEYAH! HEYAH!' every second.
I didn't say you couldn't handle it lol.
That post wasn't directed at you. ;]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I remember when I was a noob that I didn't even know how to smash, lol. Luckily my friend AZ showed me how. :3

So I would give the noobs the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure they don't mean to be annoying and as bad as they are (some can be brats, though I will say). If there were only a way that their friends or parents would tell them YOU NOOB YOU HAVE TO UPB!

Noob: Wtf is UPB? *doesn't upB and dies again*

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
What is more annoying is when you have a "DEAD"teammate,and the other 2 being cheap attack him.I always disconnect if that happens.NOOBS

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
What is more annoying is when you have a "DEAD"teammate,and the other 2 being cheap attack him.I always disconnect if that happens.NOOBS
I've only seen a few people who don't do that. It's extremely annoying. What I do is just become afk too. That is if it is in Team Battle.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I've only seen a few people who don't do that. It's extremely annoying. What I do is just become afk too. That is if it is in Team Battle.
That happened to me once. I got a partner and the other team were 2 AFK ppl. It turned out to be a hilarious Taunt Match. XD

Becoming afk could work though..... I always just quit though.

Top Bottom