• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF is up with all the noobs lately?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I know Wi-Fi has always been a noob-fest, but not to this extent. I never find anyone who doesn't know how to recover (or at least use Up-B) but 75% of the people I fought today didn't know.
There was a Pikachu who held down A button the whole time, Pit who only used F-Smash, Mario only using f-tilt. Speaking of that, there lots of people who've only been using just f-tilt. C-stickers (or shake smashers) have drastically increased. As in, they just spam smashes the whole time.
Did billions of little kids get Smash for Christmas? I was in a room where no one knew how to recover.
Also, the replay of the day needs to be a tutorial teaching how to recover.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
yeah tons of people got smash for x-mas (i hate people who dont know how to recover it totaly ruins the fun of the game)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yeah, today I got stuck in a few team battles where my partner was just atrocious. They could have been afk and I'd have had just as good a chance at winning : / The sad thing is the other team was pretty good but it rarely matched me up with one of them just with the n00b

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
Well, I happened to get smash for Christmas, but I've been playin' since the 64 days. I'll try to rep the Christmas noobs ;)

Seriously though, how can you not know how to recover? That's like one of the first things you learn in smash, since you get knocked off constantly when you start out....

On a sidenote, my friend just learned that you can charge smashes <_< He's been playing for 2 months now.

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'm not in the mood to wait a few months until these new faces learn how to play on Brawl. I also hate owning people who fight back like a Lv1-5. However, we can't really do anything about it. I wish there were "Newbie" servers on Brawls, lol. At least then we could enjoy playing while the upcoming competition gets better.

Let's just hope these newcomers learn fast... OR just stay the heck away from Wi-fi! XD

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
Even I seem like a noob sometimes on wifi. There's sooooooo much lag. Shielding effectively is almost impossible, and it's not like I'm Japanese, so shielding is a must....

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't let it get you down. Everyone starts out a little shaky at first. About the lag... I can't really relate since I never have lag problems. If Wi-fi is impossible, then I suggest playing against people in real life.

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
If I had people to play against IRL I would, but most of my friends can't get to my house where they live. They have Wiis too, but..... IDK. If I play people who are on my friends list, will there be less lag? I might send some requests for people if it does.

ContageMK

Smash Rookie
Two minute team battles christmas eve was a disaster. Pretty sure I won't be getting online for a while.

SirDumpling

Smash Rookie
I wish there were "Newbie" servers on Brawls, lol. At least then we could enjoy playing while the upcoming competition gets better.

Let's just hope these newcomers learn fast... OR just stay the heck away from Wi-fi! XD
YES!!! Why can't Nintendo realize that THEY NEED DEDICATED SERVERS. I hate playing against people that be a space animal, and just side-b over the edge. Or people who go ROB and spam B, so the laser doesn't actually shoot, just comes out as a spark.

Anyways, Nintendo needs several servers @_@
1) Region/Country/Continent
2) Skill level/time game owned/played

arch knight

Smash Lord
YES!!! Why can't Nintendo realize that THEY NEED DEDICATED SERVERS. I hate playing against people that be a space animal, and just side-b over the edge. Or people who go ROB and spam B, so the laser doesn't actually shoot, just comes out as a spark.

you have no idea how much id love this to happen.
two man salute (-.-)\ (-.-)\

Redthorn21

Smash Rookie
Well they do claim they did not predect the servers to be as used so much or be as laggy as they were and have been claiming since Brawl came out that they are working on fixing it.... Still waiting

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason

hey i only side be off the edge once (my hand sliped when trying to do a laser lock)

Alzi

Smash Master
It would be good if depending on how many wins and looses you have, the nintendo servers would be able to put you with a player thats evenlly matched with you. This will never happen but it's always good to dream.

Redthorn21

Smash Rookie
join gamebattles if you want to put your wifi to use although there are still some noobs there but not as bad as ramdom wifi battles...

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
If there's a wall in the stage, Dedede infinites can make them leave.
Also, I just realized that a restriction for need all stages, characters, and maybe songs/trophies (for some rooms) to get on certain rooms on Wi-Fi would be a great system for non-noobish rooms.
Also, my sister though that when people spam attacks, they are just joking.

Panda10119

Smash Rookie
As many people have said, lots of people got Brawl for christmas. I for one, was one of those people. And untill i was told by my friend to stop spamming, I would have continued maybe these newbies need someone to help them progress at Brawl.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
I noticed it too. The past 4 days I've been in at least 8 matches where at least one person didn't know how to recover or use a smash ball. My guess is a bunch of 10 year olds got it for christmas and didn't watch how to play. >_>

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
that's only happened to me once, what you gotta do is when people can't recover- you have to play with one hand. its the only fair way.

on a more serious note. be lucky you can get in. and try out a different character to at least get a better grasp of their hit frames while waiting for a better opponent.

I could be wrong though

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
here is my motto if you see a noob show them a vid of there main and they (maybe) will relise what they have been doing wrong. if they dont relize strap them to a chair and show them the tutoral 100 times

Denzi

Smash Master
Why are there so many n00bs on Wi-Fi? There is no time to ponder such questions, as one of them has just grabbed a Smash ball.

:)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Why are there so many n00bs on Wi-Fi? There is no time to ponder such questions, as one of them has just grabbed a Smash ball.

:)
LOL! Classic. We had a Snake in the room who kept getting the smash ball but couldn't knock anyone out with it, even though we were not even trying to dodge.

Usually if someone is really new to the game but obviously trying to get better, I'll pick their character and show them some moves. >.> show ya moves!

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
LOL! Classic. We had a Snake in the room who kept getting the smash ball but couldn't knock anyone out with it, even though we were not even trying to dodge.

Usually if someone is really new to the game but obviously trying to get better, I'll pick their character and show them some moves. >.> show ya moves!
This has happened to me before, too, except it was Sonic who kept getting the Smash Ball... Even though I just got this game, I've been playing for about half a year now. The noobs are the reason for me coming back to this site.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
use the noobs as sandbags. i use them to practice sweetspotting lightning kicks and the knee

it's fun (>^.^)>

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥I actually find the newbies fun to play with! ^__^

♥Battles for me usually go like this:

Step 1 :I taunt far FAR Away (Usually on Hyrule Temple mind you) ;)

Step 2: Wait for someone to chase me/ people are at high percents.

Step 3: For the former, destroy the predator with a smile. For the latter, Same thing. ^__^

♥The funny thing is, no one usually notices how the cute little Princess wins every battle. ^__^

Top Bottom