• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Jay we need to play some CoD sometime man. I was so tempted to join one of your tdms and start trolling D:.

B!squick

Smash Master
We do. I don't play much of late though, what with work and City of Heroes being amazing again.

Oh, and happy birthday Limit and everyone else who had birthdays around this time. :D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
PRINCE ALI FABULOUS HE ALI ABABWA!

Hope you're having a magical birthday!

im going to enter my first low tier tourney with boozer in a couple weeks, any tips?
If you come against a Samus, when you powershield, DASH afterwards, don't just stand still.

Bland advice I know, but you have no idea how useful that is.

Oh and I got matches against Ixis so you guys can have fun watching those when they're up.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Congratulations! GGs!

But in all seriousness, watch out for Yoshi and his infinite grab-release, lol at Lucas, show the fat plumber who's Boss, and show Ganondork who the real King is.
Yoshi doesn't have an infinite on us. It's just a standard GR CG, with nothing guaranteed at the end of it. It just puts Bowser in a horrible position to be edgeguarded.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi doesn't have an infinite on us. It's just a standard GR CG, with nothing guaranteed at the end of it. It just puts Bowser in a horrible position to be edgeguarded.
Ah. Well, I missread one of the posts here then. @_@ My apologies. Also, lack of Yoshis to fight. /johns

Also, hype for Ixis and KillerJaw matches. I need to see some more from Bowser and Samus MU too. Have fun, the both of you.

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
I live near a pretty good Yoshi (at least from the tiny Yoshi knowledge I have), and he's always gone for the fair spike after the CG. It seems like there's enough time to airdodge or otherwise escape it, I haven't had much trouble.
Happy birthday Phiddle, by the way!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's absolutely escapeable. That's not what I was bringing up.

The position Bowser's put at upon the GR offstage is horrendous. All Yoshi has to do is wait and read you with either a fair or dair--he can even just wait onstage and hit you with a dtilt to eat your jump.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Bowser Rangers, GO.

(made a Bowser-Emblem thing respective to each Bowser color in Brawl)

rep it wherever you see fit...I think I should have made different colors but w/e

And for the sake of technicality, I made a "Gold" one:

And a Pink/not really one because I can:

thanks for the b-day shoutouts btw. <3 y'all

/hella bored

Flayl

Smash Hero
My favorite color is red, so yeah I'd rather stick with Ridley with a bowler hat.

If I weren't lazy I'd photoshop a santa hat for the season =/

B!squick

Smash Master
Alright guys, try this out: 1 shot of Banana Rum, a bit of Three Shot Espresso Vodka, and top it off with 7UP in small glass. It's amazing.

Also, I might start using Olimar more when I play with my friends. He's pretty beast, though I lose to Captain Falcon of all characters...

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, try this out: 1 shot of Banana Rum, a bit of Three Shot Espresso Vodka, and top it off with 7UP in small glass. It's amazing.

Also, I might start using Olimar more when I play with my friends. He's pretty beast, though I lose to Captain Falcon of all characters...
1: Sounds tasty.

2: Captain Falcon? I don't even-

@Limit:

I'll have to don one of those avitars when I get to a comp that'll let me. @_@ Those are cool beans.

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
I tried Olimar once. And never again!

I'm working on recoloring my avatar to brown Bowser. With Paint. I probably should've used Photoshop but it's started already so...

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
You could just find/take/upload a snapshot of the Copper Bowser and then crop it to the appropriate SWF size or something, or let someone recolor a normal Bowser picture for you, like how they did with Ixis.

on a different note, Lucario is fun as heeeeeeeell. I always forget why I dropped him in the first place.

and I played KingKong on WiFi yesterday, my first day back home. :>

B!squick

Smash Master
Welcome home, Limit!... from... wherever you were. I must have glanced over the post that explained it or something. >_>

Also, make sure watch today's newest Zero Punctuation. I had the displeasure of playing Splatterhouse and I'd like you all to have a glimpse at what I went through.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2544-Splatterhouse

And one thing he didn't mention was the loading screen. See, an obvious way to make loading times quicker is to have a simple loading screen so the game doesn't waste time trying to load the loading screen. Sadly, the makers of Hattersplouse thought it'd be a great idea to do the complete opposite of that and make you watch the same 30 second loop of two of the basic enemies in the game snarling and growling and shifting around. And not only are they rendered better than they are in game for some reason, but it also has exact same music droning in the background.

And it repeats 3 or 4 times.

And you see this every time you die!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I go to school in CT. lol

I think I explained it a long time ago when someone asked why I don't attend tournaments often

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
Games with long loading time annoy me terribly... I read a book in between levels (or whatever it's loading)!

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, and what was with not knowing FF14, an MMO, came out this year? If there's one constant in gaming, it's the Final Fantasy series. And no matter how disinterested in it you might be *raises hand*, there's no way that guy should have been so misinformed. All it does is prove how disconnected he is with the very medium he's handing out awards for.

And what's with Nathan Fillion being nominated for Best Voice Actor (or Performance By A Human Male as they call it for some reason)? It's bad enough he was in Halo: Reach, a series best known for it's story (sarcasm), but I don't even remember him from the game! Do you know who the winner (Neil Patrick Harris as Amazing Spiderman in Shattered Dimensions) beat out? The Illusive Man (Martin Sheen), Reznov (Gary Oldman), Jasper (John Cleese, one of the few reasons to play Fable 3), and none other than the dude who voiced John Marston in Red Dead Redemption, Rob Wiethoff!

More things that are ********. Here's the list of nominees for Best Music Game:
-Dance Central
-DJ Hero 2
-Def Jam Rapstar
-Rock Band 3

Now here's Best Soundtrack:
-Def Jam Rapstar
-DJ Hero 2
-Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
-Rock Band 3

???

And two different sports games categories? Why?

Character Of The Year was Sgt. Woods (you know, the guy you played as in the Black Ops single player, as if anyone cared), winning out over Enzio, John Marston, and Kratos.

Final Fantasy 13 was nominated for Best RPG? D:

They didn't even nominate L. A. Noir for Most Anticipated Game?

Game Of The Year was Red Dead Redemption, probably the ONLY thing they did right. And there wasn't a Best Game Fueled By Mountain Dew category. So that's two things they did right, I guess.

Oh yeah, in regards to that Geoff douche stating that the website tells you who makes the nominations and chooses the winners. I looked. It doesn't.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
So I buyed a new controller. I noticed lately that my buffers went way too wrong, it was just because my control stick was waaaay to loose. I had a tournament tomorrow but its canceled because of snow 'till like Jan/Feb. But now I can at least play locas/cpus normally again. Something made me really look forward to improving and stimulated me to get better.

One of the smallest community's or not, the small people who are here are awesome.
We don't have useless discussion who's the best Bowser, cool stuff to talk about, and now even the MU discussion is finally getting new light mainly thanks to Limit.

Now the first thing I'm gonna do is practice the diddy matchup like ****. I'm really sick of getting beaten by Diddy Kong's who I see do stupid **** in front of my face but can't do a thing about because the banans completely control everything.

In the mean time, someobody point me a good Wii game or something. I just realised its Christmas vacation and still don't have a thing to play except for practicing Brawl. Sonic Colors is meh, DKC:R is meh to me too (honestly I'd rather replay the old dcks) and Goldeneye is also not really impressing. Mainly waiting for Skyward Sword now, I geuss.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sounds like you need some Epic Mickey. :)

Greetings from DreamWorks Animation Studios, everyone!

Epic Mickey looks shockingly awful. I can't think of anything else but "Okami Ripoff" when I see videos of that game :/...

Top Bottom