• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Who said anything about coming down to the ground silly. I meant airborne, as in, you're getting uaired off the top blastzone from a dtilt/dthrow/insert other launching move here.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Who said anything about coming down to the ground silly. I meant airborne, as in, you're getting uaired off the top blastzone from a dtilt/dthrow/insert other launching move here.
Kill her with your ***? That is, if she's stupid enough to come straight up to kill you/isn't expecting it.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
ZSS fears no *** coming out at 76875765765675 frames.
But his *** is HUUUUUUUGGEE. D:

Lol, but yeah. That was just the first thing that came to mind with the thought of someone chasing Bowser straight up. Use his double jump to dodge the uair and then butt bomb.

By the way, have brawled Ixis lately? Do you brawl him much? I saw one of your Samus/Bowser sets with him and it was good stuff.

I envy pretty much everyone here because I have no great Brawlers to play with in an affordable driving distance from my place. There is no smash scene in the boonies. The closest thing I have to competition are a Mario and Falco main, neither of which know how to DACUS and both of which fall into my grabs.

Lol. Magnet Klaws.

I've been round his recently, but we mainly play pokemon battle tower/factory and/or explore latest news updates in regards to games and such. I'll try and get some games in with him some time soon. We used to brawl a lot, but with me quitting our local community and only keeping a few of the people from the community (Ixis being one of them) close, we just find other things to do.

You shouldn't envy any of us. We may all be good brawlers BUT we are all attempting to step up our game and get practising. If you have hardly anybody to play on a regular basis, I find that training mode is a really good way to make sure you don't rust.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
I don't envy you for your skills. I may not be super pro, but I'm a far cry from being the scrub I once was. I just envy the fact that some of you have some proximity to SOME Smash Scene. What I wouldn't give to go to NY or somewhere and Brawl in a tourny!

But, oh well, woe is me, etc... /whining.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I don't even know what region/state you're in, but honestly all this stuff is is just a result of stepping our game up. I played extremely well last Saturday, a lot of people told me I was on my A game when I was there. IDK, just sooner or later you have to be the one to make the decision to do work. I just sit in training mode all day and talk to myself/think. lol

TKing you have to just teach them the game. You gotta make your own competition, or get other players/friends into this game. When I'm up at school, all I do is play Melee, which does **** me up for the first few hours of playing Brawl (well not really, I use Ganon so I'm not really doing too much Melee-heavy stuff) but it does give me new incentives/insights on Brawl.

Just gotta play sharp and win.

And I didn't understand your comment KJ, I thought you meant...I don't even know.I was just confused.

For me, it personally really helps to learn the space/range of each move, and to learn what move can be used to punish what, ie for example if say MK uses tornado, depending on how far away he is from you:

B-----MK(post nado)

you know from that far, there's no use in jabbing or ftilting. either a dash-klaw, dash-grab, or dash attack will work, you know? To me, for any charater (not just Bows) this is an extremely important thing to learn. Just an aspect of Smash in general. If you wanna punish, do it the right way. Obviously for us it's important since most of the time when we think of punishing we want to grab, which is sorta central to Bowser's game (we have 2 grabs, and one is hella good).

I just like being really exact with spacing ranges. I've also been told lots of times I'm really good at getting good reads/reading patterns really well, so I'm not particularly sure what works for each one of you guys lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So I've been pretty inactive lately. Been working on 4 film projects.

I keep hopping on my iPhone and getting giddy from these epic posts Limit's been making. :)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Learning your characters hitboxes, or just where each move can hit exactly is very important to keep the best spacing. I used to just Fair and hope it would hit, and no that didnt' really pay off..
TroubleKing, I don't like how you base the skill of people on 1 AT, but I get what you mean. If you learn the Falco how to lasercamp like **** you at least already have Powershield practice, don't you?
Also, 3/4 of the time I use on smash nowadays is watching videos. I don't even care what character, as long as it are good players. I pay atention to the reads, how the players stay at their pace, the spacing, etc. I'm subscribed to like 20 channels that have to do with Smash. Mostly the main tournament channels and some other players channels, like San etc.
Whenever someone links me a video I always check out the guys channel and see what more stuff he uploaded. You never know, right?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, my main subs are to like

SmashTournoi, SmashBrawlUK, (KillerJawz :D) for foreign Smash, and a lot of American uploaders that upload tournament sets every so often. I watch a lot of videos too, but I also try to look for a lot of Bowser videos, new or old.

You can learn a lot of **** from old videos. I still watch old Vex and NinjaLink videos sometimes (of their Bowsers I mean) WarriorKnight got me into Bowser in the first place but he's reeeeeeally old, I can't go back that far...

To add on to my post I made earlier (thanks Ziggy <3), it also falls into your mental condition. You always have to have a clear mind, or at least somewhat clear. I don't think my posts are epic, all I'm doing is stating **** that's common knowledge...It's just that playing a character such as Bowser always puts you on the low end, so you get to see Brawl in a different set of eyes than with a character that can actually sit and comfortably handle a lead, and not have to approach in most of his matchups.

Also, in all seriousness

what
the
happened
to
Ixis

:[

i would love to see a post/some sort of forum activity from him...i see videos but no text D:

Hmm I think I'll be able to get something done about that actually. Once I get back on my computer I'll have a word with him about it. I'll also get some matches done with him as well then I'll upload them up to my channel and stuffs.

And oh god Limit you actually watched that? xD!!!!

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO
Hyro - LA Pride trailer creator

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I was going to this for sure, but now I'll be flying back from DreamWorks on this date. There's a very small chance I'll show up late.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Venue looks prety sick and all day pizza buffet should close the deal, shame I don't live in Louisiana.

Last SSF4 tournament I went to brought out huge platters of like seafood and spring rolls and stuff, **** was so cash.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Good stuff Zigsta, I like it.

A friend drew that for me, lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, that's a wicked drawing!

Is your friend an Art major or something?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
actually, no. He's just a high school student that likes to draw

one day i was like "yo make me one with bowser grabbing an effd up MK"

and he was like "sure"

although, after like 2-3 years i've realized bowser is hard to do anything with artistically (sigs, he's too fat, art, if you mess up one detail it doesnt look like bowser at all, he's a VERY detailed character)

but he pulled it off. :>

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've always wished I could draw, especially considering I want to write and direct animated films.

I'll be teaching myself Maya over winter break so that hopefully I can start animating my own computer animated films.

Same here zigsta. I am surrounded by people who have drawn all their life, but I never really got into it. I think I would stick with graphics because it seems easier in my opinion to color.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Everytime I see that picture (The paper cutout) now, I think of this.

Also, my birthday's in 4 days yeee.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Your birthday is December 9th? That's...mine.

December kids stand up.

o

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
I'm summer born. And to Limit, I'm in South Georgia. Lol. I'm far from the city. Also, rage at the awesome event in the bayou that I will surely be missing. I'd go for the Smash and stay for the Pizza.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
And to Limit, I'm in South Georgia. Lol. I'm far from the city.
You know, Liquid Gen lives in Georgia. You could hook up with him...I'm not sure if he plays Brawl because last time I checked he was a Hakan fiend. But if you do find him, he could tell you some Bowser stuff...if he remembers.

Then again, you are here. We can answer all of your questions lol...

If you really just wanna get experience and have no other option, I would just play on WiFi. It's what KingKong, Gen and I did (Yes, with Bowser), and we are certainly not/weren't (in Gen's case) that bad of players. I mean, if you have nothing else to do. Just don't develop bad WiFi habits and exploit your opponent's, and you'll be fairly successful.

WiFi breeds some cool people. Bowser isn't exactly the best character to be used on Wifi per se, but you can get away with abusing Klaw and GR -> Jab/FTilt/Klaw. I don't bother with air releases online lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I pulled off fair> fair> upair the other day.

Soooooo sexy.

You ain't Marth D:.

Also good news boys. I got Ixis to agree to do an interview, so expect that coming soon <3

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
You know, Liquid Gen lives in Georgia. You could hook up with him...

If you really just wanna get experience and have no other option, I would just play on WiFi.
The only problem with trying to get with Liquid Gen(He already made an invite to me looong ago) is that I just don't have the money. I have enough to roam around in-town and that's about it really.

As for Wi-Fi, I don't have my own internet connection, as I've mentioned. And I've been there and done that when I DID have internet. I said before that I'm far from a scrub, and it's because I got most all of my advanced experience from Wi-Fi matches and from lurking on smashboards, way before I started posting with some regularity.

I think if I had the chance to really Brawl any of you, that you'd actually be surprised, simply because I am so isolated.

But...I still crave a good offline tourney. And recording equipment. Which is why I'm trying desperately to find a steady job.

I pulled off fair> fair> upair the other day.

Soooooo sexy.
Lol. Upside-down Ken Combo?

B!squick

Smash Master
Here's an error message I got on another forum:

We're sorry but the current forum traffic is overloading the thread display hamsters. Your posts and votes will still be recorded, but may not be immediately visible. Please do not spam the thread in an effort to view it, it will only make things slower. In the meantime, consider the walrus.
I actually had to check to make sure that it isn't April 1st and indeed it is not. So... I guess I'll consider the walrus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnpil_pRUiw

Top Bottom