• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Goin' to PolyBrawl 5 tomorrow, a VERY hyped brawl tournament in NY. Probably gonna be 90+ people there.

Livestream? Yes. I don't have the link to it though, but I'll see if I can find it at some point for you guys.

I'll do my best D:

As each month passes by, my inactivity slowly decreases... yay school

edit: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/polybrawl

i probably won't be on it (ill try) but it's still very much worth checking.

ally, m2k, and ny/nj's finest will be there. check it out!

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm sending my good vibes over the Atlantic Ocean, Limit.

Also this weekend I'm finishing the grab-release chart. 7/39 down.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I will kill myself if I don't see any vids. D:
*Awaits your suicide*

Yeah, I did meh-ish. I'm actually not satisfied with my performance in loser's bracket...well, I'll give you the breakdown. I beat Mexican, some dude I don't even know/care for. He went Ganondorf the first round and then Mario the second. Breezy. Then I lost to Jash, but that was a given...he's just too good for me lol, TL is just my bane (2nd time losing to him...)

In Losers I beat SFP, a ZSS, 2-0. According to him he didn't know the MU at all. Then I played RJ who used Dedede the first round, and then Lucario the second, and won, 2-0, and lost to MBlaze, a Diddy Kong player, 1-2.

That's 25/74 or so people, going all Bowser.

I'm not really satisfied because I really could have defeated MBlaze if I picked a better counterpick...I was going strong for the first match and then it all just fell apart and I felt disgusted afterwards.

I played a variety of different people/characters, and YES, I DID SAVE REPLAYS but they're all on a ****load of different Wii's, and I probably won't get to receive all of them. So yeah. I'm sorry D:

Oh, and I was on livestream for like...2 minutes, playing against Ally's Ice Climbers. lmao. Extremely fun tournament though. Of course I won't be going to another one until December-ish, but it reminds me of why I love going to them, haha.

You did really well limit. RJ is a very well known Lucario and SFP is pretty good as well. Feel proud of your placement <3.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I guess. I just need to work on the TL MU. I'm tired of facing Jash in the bracket with no hopes of winning at all. It's extremely irritating and probably was the reason why I was so rattled for the rest of the day (and not satisfied with my placing). He's a very nice guy though, I love him to death.

And I myself need to start learning the Diddy MU. I'll be honest with you guys and say I don't know a **** thing about that character. All the stuff I proposed in the MU thread actually worked for me and got me a win in the first game vs MBlaze but then I just...idk lol. So I'll put that on my To Do List.

Also Zigsta, Deltacod was there but I didn't get to play him.

I'll try to get all of my replays that I saved but I can't make you guys any promises. I'm sorry about that

B!squick

Smash Master
That's fine. Notice I said "any" vids. I'll settle for one.

And my GOD is Splatterhouse a horrible, horrible game. I honestly had way more fun playing Infernal: Hell's Vengence. And that's saying alot.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I thought you wanted me to play him because of something...

I recall you saying "I'd love to see vids of you against Deltacod" like 2 weeks ago..

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Well it would be cool to have you weigh in on the MU...

But I don't want your hopes and dreams be shattered. :(

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I've never seen Limit play so well until today. lol
Why is Klaw so gay? I spaced Ike's Bair a few times but there are times when it gets super armor'd by Klaw. :[

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Well if you had beaten MBlaze you would have faced Jash again next round, lol.
No wonder SFP doesn't know the MU, its freaking Bowser LOL

Flayl

Smash Hero
In Losers I beat SFP, a ZSS, 2-0. According to him he didn't know the MU at all.
You have no idea how much I want to troll the ZSS boards.
Then I played RJ who used Dedede the first round, and then Lucario the second, and won, 2-0, and lost to MBlaze, a Diddy Kong player, 1-2.
Did he play Dedede first round because he was trying to counterpick you game 1 or because he was really picking up D3?
That's 25/74 or so people, going all Bowser.
That's pretty good, specially considering you can't even go to tournaments that often. You earn the right to be displeased with your placement once you start attending them every month.
I'm not really satisfied because I really could have defeated MBlaze if I picked a better counterpick...I was going strong for the first match and then it all just fell apart and I felt disgusted afterwards.
So what stage choices did you make? If I played a Diddy I would counterpick Brinstar, but I'm not 100% sure that's the best idea.
I played a variety of different people/characters, and YES, I DID SAVE REPLAYS but they're all on a ****load of different Wii's, and I probably won't get to receive all of them. So yeah. I'm sorry D:
Finding the replays should be easy. "Guys do you have replays with a BOWSER in them"?
Oh, and I was on livestream for like...2 minutes, playing against Ally's Ice Climbers.
I saw that, lol. The livestream channel was filled with "what kind of ICs gets trashed by a BOWSER" haha

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, it was actually Ally himself, he can't chaingrab Bowser. He told me before we started playing lmao.

And I did ask if anyone had Bowser replays on their Wii. I'll get a reply soon hopefully.

About RJ...idk, we were picking characters, but I was already at the TV with Bowser up because I had just finished playing Vermanubis and was GOING to play Clai but didn't. So he sat down and he just looked at Bowser, looked at me and saw I was serious, and just chose Dedede. We agreed to SV and I won, of course he was surprised [aka the "wow I didn't expect that" speech with a few people telling me "good ****" behind my back], and then he picked Lucario. It was really close but I did win, and...yeah. lol

I doubt he was picking up D3, I guess he just wanted to breeze past me and thought Dedede would be the best way. I think that's like the 4th time someone tried that on me in a bracket -_-

And you can slap me but I actually wasn't expecting to beat MBlaze at all. I remember specifically telling Red "yo, if I face MBlaze, I'm going MK, I can't deal with Diddy." And then the flipside, if PentaSalia, a GW player won, I was going to go Bowser. MBlaze won, and in my head I just decided "**** it" and I went Bowser because 1] I was starving and 2] I'd probably lose quickly.

Somehow that wasn't the case and I won game 1, I mean I actually was trying to win but expected a loss. I banned FD and he ran it back to SV and won barely. Then like a ******* [jackdonkey] I CP'd Delfino. I didn't get screwed over by the stage, but I kinda half-realized there were probably a lot of better choices I could have made stage-wise, and that was completely my fault. Looking at it again though, Doom said if I did win I'd have to face Jash...AGAIN. But w/e, I would have accepted losing to him more with a slightly higher placing than losing off of my mistake. I learned this time though that I absolutely NEED to PRACTICE AND LEARN counterpicks for the sake of myself.

He banned Brinstar anyway.

You can pretty much guess which one is me, and that was against LinkX (I didn't even know the picture was taken until I was tagged on FaceBook...lol)

The other Bowser that lives in NY, Rated DRK actually did come, but he didn't enter singles again. He promised me he would at the last tournament we both were at, which was in August. I was annoyed but whatever.

He told me I make him want to play this game again though :] At the end of every match, I can remember one person said "Dude your Bowser scared the **** out of me", a "I DON'T KNOW THIS MATCHUP", a "wow...good ****.." and...yeah. It's annoying how people just have never seen a Bowser before in person, but it feels good to educate them I guess haha.

Personally for me, it's so much fun just going all Bowser in the bracket. With all those non-S class characters I played against, the thought went through my head multiple times; "what if i lose to ______? Will I go Falco, MK, D3, Snake or their worst MU? I always decided against it but I did well anyway I guess. I was just so close to 17th and screwed up lol

NICE BIG FAT WALL OF TEXT CHYEA.

B!squick

Smash Master
I one upped you KJ and never made one. :p

Anyway, good stuff Limit. Delfino was probably as good a stage as any to take Diddy. I probably would have gone Rainbow Cruise for lols.

Didn't we have a thread for counter picking stages at some point?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I think we did, I can't really remember.

I'm up at school again, but only for 2 weeks (midterms :/)

B!squick

Smash Master
Ouch. At least it's not finals for another 8 weeks or so. I think. I can't remember my school schedule very well.

I'd make a new CP thread, but I actually have work today for the first time in a month. The joys of work via commission.

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
Congrats again Limit, I'm really proud of you bro. Real talk, I'm gonna enter singles next time. I still feel bad for not joining you on the battlefield(again) :(

dskank

Smash Journeyman
does bowser have any redeeming match-ups?
i alt him, when should i use him
i main pit and loose to mk, marth, gw, oli, wario, and some what to zss and fox, should i go bowser ever?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
you can go bowser vs marth, g&w (maybe), zss and fox

he's even-ish against those characters imo

if the wario isn't good you can take a crack at him with bowser as well

out of that list, only the first above 4 you can work around in.

vs fox just shield a lot, especially when he's above you...that's basically it

against marth, just ftilt as he jumps/after he fairs and fsmash sometimes

vs gw just throw out ftilts whenever his back is to you

vs zss just wait it out while she ****s around with her item pieces and when they're gone then you can work it in, just ps everything and pressure her shield and you should be straight

sorry for the simplicity, it's just how i see the mus lol

although do be careful in the air against all of the characters you listed because they can **** you up as you try to come down to the ground

Top Bottom