• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
oh that's the name of it?

i think it's pretty legit. i played it a lot when i stayed at Brown University. i hate mileena's damage output but i like the game a lot. i know they're gonna tweak/remove some things but i'm looking forward to it

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Nope, Brawl's a competitive party game. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Party-oriented platform fighter

Sub-genre of platform fighter, which are becoming increasingly common

Which is a sub-genre of fighters

IMOOO (In My Overthinking Objectivist Opinion)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I actually think Brawl is a fighting game; I just like to joke and say it's a party game because I'm garbage at traditional arcade fighters. Pressing back to guard is so WEIRD.

B!squick

Smash Master
Fighting game or no, I like Brawl/Melee/64 better than "traditional" fighting games because I actually have some control over my character. Want to do a move? Press this button or that button or add in a direction from the control stick if you're feeling fancy. Whenever I try to do moves on traditional fighters I feel like I'm in a race to break my controller and if your control stick IS broken even the slightest bit, you're ****ed.

Also, I like the lack of "true" combos. It makes the player rely more on good prediction and spacing as opposed to memorizing whatever complicated input is required for X game winning combo. I can't count the number of times I've seen people get owned simply because they hardwired themselves so hardcore with a certain combo they keep doing it even if the other person has escaped. Good players don't do this obviously, but it can hard to break habits.

Additionally, I'd like to say that any fighter made by the creators of the Guilty Gear series (they'd made several) are way better than any other fighter I've played. True facts.

Flayl

Smash Hero
There's something about Guilty Gear and Blazblue games that just rub me the wrong way. I think it's how the character sprites have really weird stances and hitboxes and lots of times the attacks don't make any sense. It's not so much the anime'ish feel, I like TvC. But I guess it doesn't help.

B!squick

Smash Master
There's something about Guilty Gear and Blazblue games that just rub me the wrong way. I think it's how the character sprites have really weird stances and hitboxes and lots of times the attacks don't make any sense. It's not so much the anime'ish feel, I like TvC. But I guess it doesn't help.
Come on. Faust is legit. Can't beat tall doctors with sacks on their head and 7-foot tall scalpels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWdi_a6odvs&feature=related

Flayl

Smash Hero
I think this is as proud as I can get for someone I only know over the internet, good job dude. You made the right decision.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Mad congrats, Zigsta.

Other characters may have mainers who win money at nationals, but Bowser has an IFFF winner, baby! :cool:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hmm, I actually haven't yet.

100% back now. Got a working Wii now, too, meaning daily practice.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
It's been confirmed that Sentinel's health has been nerfed. It's 905,000 now — down from 1,300,000. Sentinel has a bit more stamina than Spider-Man now (900,000), but less than Wolverine (950,000).

Such low health is ill-befitting of such a manly robot.

B!squick

Smash Master
Lame, but thankfully, I don't care. Has anyone seen Super Street Fighter 3D Edition? That game makes me really sad I can't afford a 3DS. :(

Also, new generation of Pokemon is god-like in its awesomeness.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Sentinel players now have to think a little more when calling him out as an assist. The nerf hurts, a lot.

And yeah, 3D Edition looks really nice. I too cannot afford a 3DS.

Choice

Smash Champion
bowser cant write. you guys are silly. now wolf, he's an excellent writer =0

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
you got any literature to back up your claims?
My short screenplay "Grizzly" just placed first out of 500 entrants in the Short Animated Screenplay category at the International Family Film Festival.

Get at that, Wolf.

Choice

Smash Champion
Apparently i'm half an hour away. I had never heard of that city before though, lol.

Top Bottom