• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Nah my fuse f2 broke, I can fix that lol
I wouldn't have picked Blaziken #3 if I knew it would become one. I thought the pig was fun. I don't know any of the new Pokemon yet, kept it a surprise on purpose.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
oh. i was creepin on serebii for months and was SOOOOO mad when i found out emboar was part fighting. it was really depressing.

i was expecting all of them to have secondary types like fighting/dark/psychic or something...i dunno.

oh well. i already beat the first half of the game at least.

the level spike afterwards is ******** too

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
*reads thread title*

Wh-What...? My childhood is ruined. T_T I blame Zigsta.
Yoshi is a great buffer for Bowser. The best, even.

On a side note, I freaking love sweeping people with Louis. <3

*goes off to animate*

B!squick

Smash Master
Can't find my DS to play, lol.

At least I got the super special guide, which wouldn't be complete without a national dex, a move list, or an ability list... so can someone explain why it has none of those things?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why on earth would you buy a guide for a game anymore?

Really, the only people who should buy guides are parents that don't want their children spending too much time on the internet.

MrEh

Smash Hero

Really, the only people who should buy guides are parents that don't want their children spending too much time on the internet.
Some guides are legitimately good. Like the MbvC3 one.

But most of the time? Yeah, pretty useless.

D

Deleted member

I got a guide for Golden Sun DS.

It's pretty cool to look through, too.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
ITS A MIRACLE! My DS works again, suddenly! I had to reset dates and everything though, so something is defenitly going on, I'll let it be looked at later. For now I'm just happy it works.

B!squick

Smash Master

Well, sadly, I don't have anyway to browse the internet at my job and even if I did, they wouldn't let me. Reading or writing material only between calls. For awhile, I took the last actual complete Pokemon guide to my work everyday and studied it religiously because I liked Pokemon... and I had nothing better to do.

I like to think I became quite the expert on last gen's Pokes.

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
66. I know my bugs. :p

I am also mad that the new guide has no freakin' move list in a game with plenty of new moves!

B!squick

Smash Master
66. I know my bugs. :p

I am also mad that the new guide has no freakin' move list in a game with plenty of new moves!
I'm gonna guess 66, Phiddle. Not that I would have known anyway. The guides don't have numbers for base stats, just vague zero to six scales.

B!squick

Smash Master
Good god! It feels like it took me an entire lifetime to beat Dragon Age: Origins! 80 hours and I skipped many side quests... and I had it on the easiest difficulty since about the halfway point...

And these are some LONG *** credits. They've been going for at least 15 minutes now and I can't skip them. :C

EDIT: They put a LOT of good effort into this game though. All those hours and not once did it feel repetitive... and I've been watching my roomie play Dragon Age 2... can't say I'm thrilled to play that now...

Also, congrats to BioWare for creating the longest end credit sequence in the world. At this point, I'm not believing any of these people had anything to do with the game... Geopolitical Evaluation?... External Platform Conversion Partners?... Okay, the music credits just started... and...

... 25 minutes of end credits. Wow. Just wow...

B!squick

Smash Master
Awesome. Jill and Shuma are finally available for purchase... and they're $5... a piece... for 2 characters already on the disc... $5... each...

What the ****?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I love Mahvel's gameplay, but I have to say, the character roster is filled with some bull**** choices.

Capcom's Flaws

-No Mega Man (There is no excuse keeping him out. Once he's in, the Classic, X, and Legends series all have reps.)
-Three Darkstalkers (Just keep Morrigan. This series DOES NOT deserve three reps.)
-No Vergil (Replace Trish with him)
-The only villain is Wesker! (Capcom needz moar villianz!)

Mahvel's Flaws

-No Cyclops (Don't say "Too many X-Men!" X-Men is HUGE for Marvel, so they're deserving of a lot of reps.)
-Do we really need Sentinel and Shuma? (What are their appeal as characters?)

B!squick

Smash Master
I love Mahvel's gameplay, but I have to say, the character roster is filled with some bull**** choices.

Capcom's Flaws

-No Mega Man (There is no excuse keeping him out. Once he's in, the Classic, X, and Legends series all have reps.)
-Three Darkstalkers (Just keep Morrigan. This series DOES NOT deserve three reps.)
-No Vergil (Replace Trish with him)
-The only villain is Wesker! (Capcom needz moar villianz!)

Mahvel's Flaws

-No Cyclops (Don't say "Too many X-Men!" X-Men is HUGE for Marvel, so they're deserving of a lot of reps.)
-Do we really need Sentinel and Shuma? (What are their appeal as characters?)
Sentinel's obvious appeal is that he's the best character in the game. You'd be hard pressed to find tourny videos where he isn't in both teams.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Most of your gripes Uncle are personal opinion, we can't all have our ideal roster. They've done their best to please the fans.

They tried to cap it at 4 characters per franchise to promote more diversity hence the lack of Cyclops.

Vampire Saviour is an amazing game and it does deserve three reps.

Sentinel and Shuma are there because they are iconic figures for MvC. Shuma is in because Japanese like tentacles and he doesn't wear spandex and Sentinel is the character that embodies MvC2, you can't think about MvC2 without thinking of Sent.

Also Jay the top two players in the world both don't use Sent. He's not OP, he's a great character don't get me wrong, he deals great damage for little effort but you can get around him. He is definitely a scrub-killer however he become less effective in high level play where opponents know how to get around his armoured normals (which can both be punished). His huge hitbox doesn't help as nearly every character has an instant overhead on him which makes blocking hell for him.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Indeed, most of my gripes were definitely just my own opinion (+ a little hot steam, lol).

Btw, I agree that Sentinel is more than beatable. Having a huge hitbox in any fighter sucks so much that you can't possibly be OP. As Bowser players, I'm sure we can relate. ;)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm almost back. Flying out to Hollywood tonight and then coming back to Austin Monday night. I'll be active again Tuesday.

B!squick

Smash Master
Who are the top 2 players "in the world" and what qualifies them for being top in the world? I know I thought M2K was the best there ever was until that tournament the Japanese showed up for where he came in third.

Also, 2 out x tourny players isn't a good ratio. As well, isn't the best player in Japan in Brawl a Pit main? Top player =/= Top character.

But sure, he may not be the MK or even Melee Falco of MvC3, but he's still really good as evidenced by an early tier list at Shoryuken.com

In no order within hierarchies
List A: Characters I continuously see dominate no matter the matchup:
Magneto, Amaterasu, Phoenix, Wesker, Dante

List B+: Characters that are really great but have some difficulties (esp against list A)
Storm, Wolvie, Trish, Sent, Akuma. Taskmaster, Zero

List B: Characters that I've seen body people in the right hands, but have some matchup problems
She Hulk, Spencer, Dormammu, Morrigan, Chun, X-23

List C: Characters that are pretty good on point, but have some issues (i.e. damage/speed)
Doom, Hulk, Tron, Felicia, Deadpool

List D: Characters that have some serious match-up problems, but can be effective on the right team
Arthur, MODOK, Hsien-Ko, CapAm, Iron Man, Skrull, Spider-Man, Chris

List F: Characters that I continuously see getting bodied
Thor, Haggar, Ryu, Joe, C.Viper

Bonus: Best assists in the game!
1.Tron Flame
2. Sent Drones
3. Hidden Missles
4. Wesker Low Shot
5. Akuma Tatsu
6. Hsien-Ko's Armored Pendulum
7. Haggar's Lariat
8. Dante Jam Session
9. Ammy Cold Star
10. Chun Legs
I would like to point out Sent's poisition on each list. Between his tier AND assist list position, I'd say he's pretty awesome.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Who made that tier list (how the hell is armoured pendulum not number one!)? It's too early for any tier list to be very accurate. Like I said, Sentinel is great but he's not OP or even the best in the game.

The two best players in the world right now would be Combofiend and ofc JWong himself. My basis for this is at the recent major Final Round XIV they placed 1st and 2nd, with very close matches while they comfortably beat almost everyone else, including Japan's best Tokido. Pretty much all the big names were at Final Round too.

Respect for Haggar, I'm running him on-point atm but might relegate him to my assist, Lariat is just too damn good (plus his mobility is ****).

B!squick

Smash Master
Either way, I'm totally loving Dragon Age: Awaking, at the moment. I caught the ending to DA2 and... it's hard to think of DA2 as a BioWare game. I expected so much better from them, you know?

Top Bottom