• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Ha, I see what you did there...

... I can't stop thinking about that movie, sadly. Just that small peak that video provided makes me keep asking myself, Why? Why did he do that? The only explanation is that, it's the title of the movie. That's it. There is no rhyme or reason for it. It... Why? What was the writer thinking? What was anyone thinking?

And how bad do you think it is to be that chick who played the middle piece? That's, like the last thing you want to come up in a job interview.

"I see here that you were a movie once."

"... Yeah."

"You played...?"

"... A normal woman."

"I see. What happened to your character exactly?"

"...."

MrEh

Smash Hero
"I see here that you were a movie once."

"... Yeah."

"You played...?"

"... A normal woman."

"I see. What happened to your character exactly?"

"...."
There's many reasons why people only appear in ONE movie in their entire lifetime.

This is one of them.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys, coming up with original horror concepts that are translatable to film can be kind of hard. Human centipede at least started off kind of original but failed to deliver.

Let's think about what a horror film should accomplish:
- Engross the audience (pun intended)
- Suspense
- Shock
- Resolution

I didn't go to film school so I'm probably missing some important stuff.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I dislike horrors that just surprise you. It's not so hard to surprise, I want to actually be scared of something.

Shök

Smash Champion
^ Yeah. Especially when you know it's coming. Ex: Music, slow approach, ect.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
PA2 was garbage compared to PA1 imho.

Then again the last time I was legitimately scared by a scary movie was when I was a kid.

D

Deleted member

PA2 was garbage compared to PA1 imho.

Then again the last time I was legitimately scared by a scary movie was when I was a kid.
PA2 was far scarier than the first movie. It's only issue was that it was slow to start.

I will watch PA1 again. I don't want to see PA2 again because I'm too scared. :<

Also, those movies are the only "scary" movies to actually strike fear into me.

B!squick

Smash Master
Guys, coming up with original horror concepts that are translatable to film can be kind of hard. Human centipede at least started off kind of original but failed to deliver.
... It was supposed to be a horror movie? Lies.

One Google search later...

D: I'm appalled they would classify it as such. At no point during Phelous's review did I get the feeling they were going for horror. Thiller, I get, but where is even the attempt at horror in that movie?

Good luck, Zig, by the way. Nice to see you back in the game. :)

>I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FELLOW BOWSER PLAYER!<
Do NOT watch Sucker Punch. Assuming Doug went out to see it, which I really hope he did, I fully expect a Bum Review of it soon and shall link it if and when it goes up. Wow, was that movie stupid and infuriating. The TV ads were nothing but lies.

EDIT: By the way, I got in trouble for posting this in the "Best Vids" thread, lol. Was worth it, IMO.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12419722&postcount=6784

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not 100% sure of my placing, but I'm pretty sure it was middle of the pack. Beat MK, lost to Fox (Megafox, who beat K Prime, SkyPirate, and Polt and almost beat Espy), beat Wolf, and lost to Yoshi.

Should've just gone ROB from match 1. Bowser-Yoshi MU is so garbs.

I've got House of Mouse this Saturday and HOBO 31 next Saturday.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I have Lucario for Yoshis. Idk if that's a good idea or not but I just like Lucario a lot as a character.

He's one of the characters I've been investing in along with MK.

I'll go to something when I can. I don't know when that'll be...lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Lucario is actually Yoshi's hardest MU at a +3 for Lucario.

I've used Lucario a bit, and mine's decent, but I find him boring. ROB's much more fun for me. Plus I love making people rage. :p

Player-3

Smash Hero
i thought about seeing sucker punch, saw red riding hood instead

its like they took red riding hood, and decided to play mafia with them

except instead of the mafia theres a werewolf

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
lol idk, I find Lucario a lot fun because I'm more of a come-back kinda guy anyway. I'm always on the losing end with Bowser, so why not do that and get a bonus, you know?

and using MK is ridiculously fun for me as well. But my Bowser is loooooooaaaaads better than both of them, so I just..use him. lol

I feel most comfortable with him, and I feel like I have this sleek kinda control over him that no one else has. (I lie to myself a lot :/)
and I wish I could see movies, I'm literally in the middle of nowhere.

also omfg I can't believe it, I'll be applying to colleges in like...half a year. holy ****

also, do you guys know of any colleges with good neuroscience/bio programs? Neuroscience will probably be my major. and since you guys are in different regions i thought i'd ask you to cut my research down..lol

I already know of colleges like URichmond, Colgate, Columbia and all that EC jazz.

Shök

Smash Champion
I want to major in Music (piano area, to me more speficic) but I don't know what. :ohwell:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm not 100% sure of my placing, but I'm pretty sure it was middle of the pack. Beat MK, lost to Fox (Megafox, who beat K Prime, SkyPirate, and Polt and almost beat Espy), beat Wolf, and lost to Yoshi.

Should've just gone ROB from match 1. Bowser-Yoshi MU is so garbs.

I've got House of Mouse this Saturday and HOBO 31 next Saturday.
Nice.
I went to a tourney this saturday, went all Bowser, 2-0'd a Pikachu in singles and 2-0'd a Game and Watch / TL + MK in Doubles (Bowser + Marth) and lost the rest.
Not sure about my placement in both, should be like 1 spot above last lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Marth compliments Bowser nicely. Shame Bowser's so bad in doubles.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Where should I put this:

Bowser's fortress is (most likely) his best option for hitting characters that are dislodged in the z-axis (like Dedede during his spot-dodge)

Flayl

Smash Hero
None of those would work on a Dedede that spot-dodges your aerial klaw.

On a side note I'm kind of getting tired of being second-guessed with little to back it up.

Flayl

Smash Hero
FSmash'ing a predicted spot-dodge would be a good idea, if it weren't for the Z-axis thing. That's why I didn't see it as a joke.

Choice

Smash Champion
I agree with you flayl =)

If you whiff grab you're going to get grabbed by d3 and so i feel like when you weigh the risks to the rewards, you prolly should instead go with up b

Flayl

Smash Hero
so... you cant say what you think whats the best option without starting drama?

am I the only one who doesn't get it?

Top Bottom