• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
K Ummm.

For fastest HITTING aerial it's actually tied between NAir and FAir, both having a mininum hit frame on frame 8 I think. However, FAir has 41 frames in total and NAir has 47, so take your pick. IMO FAir is slightly more useful so I'd just go with it (not saying NAir is useless, but FAir is better in most situations) Plus I don't think I've ever seen a Bowser run up to someone and just do a raw SH NAir or FH NAir. It's...weird. lol

For Momentum Cancelling you'd wanna use FAir and DAir. I can never remember which one to use for what type of momentum (vertical/horizontal) so someone help me out here.

You can really get a kill with any of Bowser's aerials save DAir (unless you're a boss and try to semi-spike someone lolol) but you'll usually be getting your kills aerially off of UAir and BAir because depending on the matchup or circumstance, FAir might be staled. Granted you'll probably be getting a big majority of your kills through grab releases and not really through aerial moves all of the time, but BAir and UAir get the job done well.

****tiest aerial is tough because it really depends on what type of situation. For the aerial which is almost never really used, I'd say DAir, but it does have a few purposes that can or cannot be overlooked, depends.

Speaking of DAir, has anyone ever actually bothered to try and spike with the DAir just for pure ****s and giggles? lol

(If I'm wrong on any of that info, and I'm sure I am, feel free to correct me)

MrEh

Smash Hero
I try to Dair spike all the time. Whether or not it works is another thing entirely.

And for the record, I don't like Peach. I like Ivysaur. :D

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well Vex, there you go. Liking Peach is not part of the Bowser main criteria.

I'm actually more of a Swampert guy btw lololol

fffffffffffff then I really need to get my Peach likings checked out... <_<

(not)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I can dig Peach, I've always been partial to blondes =D

Fair for horizontal, dair for vertical (or FFfair there was a big discussion on what better but there wasn't any noticeable difference except dair is easier to FF)

Also at reasonable percentage the dair spike does about as much knockback as a footstool i believe.

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh Hey Sup Bowzah Boards
Yo yo yo.

Usmash falling hitbox grounds opponents
Woo! Sounds like my kind of game.

I find it funny that everyone seems to have their own version of what Brawl should be as well disheartening. The more we focus on these variants that barely anyone will play, the less we focus on the normal game that everyone can and does play. Until such a time as the Backroom creates it's own version, I fail to see the point of them all, especially on a Smash message board that's heavily dedicated to the tournament and "professional" side of Smash.

As well, has any of these different improvers of Brawl said, you know, why don't we go and get a hold of someone from each board that knows the ins and outs of each character so we can best meet whatever goals we've set be it making everyone Diddy Kong level or what have you?

If I had the slightest bit of hacker know how, I would totally do that. And I also differ to the first paragraph as to why I don't.

Also, the editor worked for MANY sleepless hours and went through great physical pains (no lie) to try and get the editing done on TWBB as soon as possible. I think he deserves everyone's respect for putting so much into something he isn't doing for profit.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'd say BBrawl and Brawl+ are the only really serious hacked games.

Brawl- is just a lulzy game, it's goal is to break everyone to reach balance.
pBrawl (pig Brawl) is just replacing all projectiles in the game with Toon Link's pig. Bowser breathes streams of pigs instead of fire, lololololololol.

I miss the title Hrrrruuujjjjjjjjj. ;_;

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why is my Ftilt losing to nado? :(

It beats it if I hit it half a second after it starts, but if I predict tornado and Ftilt I always seemed to get sucked through my fist, it's kinda funny seing bowser teleported into that yellow whirl of BALLS.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Being Australian I've known about this for a while, L4D2 was refused classification and me being part of one of the best competitive clans for L4D in the nation put me right right in the middle of all the pitchfork wielding. many well written letters were sent all responding with the same bull**** which didn't even address the points at hand. R18 classification needs a unanimous decision to go through and it's only Atkinson who refuses, he's a conservative Christian, need I say more?

B!squick

Smash Master
Being Australian I've known about this for a while, L4D2 was refused classification and me being part of one of the best competitive clans for L4D in the nation put me right right in the middle of all the pitchfork wielding. many well written letters were sent all responding with the same bull**** which didn't even address the points at hand. R18 classification needs a unanimous decision to go through and it's only Atkinson who refuses, he's a conservative Christian, need I say more?
Nope. Needless to say, I didn't vote for him.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Air dodge comes out several frames faster then an aerial, ends before all of his aerials do, and you fast fall AFTER the attack in momentum canceling fyi.
Most people are ignorant of how momentum cancelling works, so when I told Pits that airdodge to glide is the best way to momentum cancel horizontally they all thought I was nuts lol.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Most people are ignorant of how momentum cancelling works, so when I told Pits that airdodge to glide is the best way to momentum cancel horizontally they all thought I was nuts lol.
Is Airdodge>Glide really that beast w/ Pit? Oh snap, I need to try this :lick:

So airdodge then fastfall is the best way to momentum cancel?

How does momentum cancel work anyway?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
It's character dependent; Bowser's aerials are all lackluster in speed, yet his airdodge comes out faster and ends faster then any of his aerials would.

Diddy is another example of having a faster air dodge (i think)

There was some chart on it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Air dodge comes out several frames faster then an aerial, ends before all of his aerials do, and you fast fall AFTER the attack in momentum canceling fyi.
The latter part isn't true, you fastfall starting from the first frame if you press the C-stick in any direction while holding the control stick down.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, I always survive longer FFing an aerial then I ever did with an air dodge.

Also, fyi, Bowser's air dodge is 49 frames, FAir is 41.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Flayl is right liquid gen you are wrong. Airdodges only utility is to allow you to jump faster, which has never even been proved to actually reduce any type of momentum. FF did, and you can fastfall on first frame of any aerial. Get your info right please before spreading this. You can fast fall during any moment in an attack(except first frame, unless its D-Air, and maybe you can with C-stick, was never tested frame wise, though I expect it not to work as the game can only register 1 direction/frame IIRC). So yeah, Vex/Liqui are wrong.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Howdy Bowser mains.

The Sonic boards would like to discuss your character concerning Sonic and Bowser's relative positions on the current tier list. This is not a matchup thread, but rather a discussion concerning Sonic's competitive potential and how he compares to other characters. It would be great if y'all could contribute.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226950

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex/Liqui are wrong.
I never agreed to anything, I just called most people ignorant about momentum cancelling, so you're wrong for assuming.

Maybe this is why you don't win tournies with Bowser, Vex. XD
lol? I've never momentum cancelled the right way anyway, I've always done nair for the sexy factor. Also Bowser is mid tier, so thats almost hopeless in a region like mine.

B!squick

Smash Master
I know, I'm just teasing you, man. I only do it 'cause I <3 you. :D

And for those of you who haven't been keeping up, the TWBB delays are from problems with the uploading. x_x Maybe tomorrow, right?

Top Bottom