• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I almost forgot! I never did tell you guys what I learned against Olimar:

Fastfalled nair beats upsmash. Doesn't matter the Pikmin or the charge. So stop airdodging and start nairing.

Go **** Olimars.
1. Rocket Usmash can beat everything everywhere, including Bowser Nair.
I haven't messed with this specific move a lot, but I've already performed a successful rocket several times against Bowser's FF Nair in the short time I played with it (it's kind of hard/annoying to do both parts yourself).

2. Why did the Yoshi/Mario/Luigi/Kirby/Wario/Link/(too tired to list the rest) mains never tell you guys that sex kicks can beat Olimar's Usmash when it's already out?
That was like... one of the main reasons that Luigi was a bad match-up for us.
(unless there's something special about Bowser's Nair that I'm missing...?)

WHY SEX KICKS BEAT USMASH:
The pikmin is counted as a separate entity with Olimar's smashes and the pikmin "owns" the hitbox, so the clank isn't counted as hitting Olimar himself. The pikmin is immune from the damage of the attack since it has already clanked with the Nair. Since it hasn't clanked with Olimar himself, it can still go through and hit him.

ABOUT PIKMIN ROCKETS:
With rocketing, Bowser hits the pikmin first, the pikmin takes damage, and then it executes the order Olimar gives to him (if Olimar hasn't been hit yet and the pikmin survives). Olimar doesn't go through hitlag when the pikmin is struck with the attack, so he can give the order before the Nair goes through to hit him.
This is why Blues/Purples are good for rocketing. The higher health means that a fresh pikmin can survive to rocket against tougher moves.

ABOUT USMASH OOS:
With Usmash OoS, the Nair is counted as hitting Olimar when it strikes his shield, so it can't hit Olimar again (if that makes sense). When Olimar JCs the Usmash OoS, it brings the pikmin forward and creates its hurtbox. The pikmin takes the hit, Olimar gives the order (since he can't get hit again), and the pikmin executes the order.
Even if the Nair's hitbox disappears before it hits the pikmin, it only takes 8 frames to execute the attack, so it can sometimes come out before follow-ups anyway.
Bowser might be able to UpB, but IDK.
Doubt Olimar's going to want to stay in his shield against an aerial Bowser anyway with Bowser's air grab being a constant threat, unless you constantly Nair/SideB from specific angles.

If I'm missing anything or y'all already knew this, please feel free to explain/call me a fool/throw rotten fruit at me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Is 'rocket' Usmash a special AT? You just said Usmash can beat anything then said sex kicks beat it. I thought if an attack is constant and overrules Oli's projectile Usmash it can continue down and hit Oli safely.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
^Is 'rocket' Usmash a special AT? You just said Usmash can beat anything then said sex kicks beat it. I thought if an attack is constant and overrules Oli's projectile Usmash it can continue down and hit Oli safely.
OH HERP DERP. Forgot to actually explain the difference, sorry. ^^;
For a rocket to occur, the pikmin has to be hit when Olimar is charging the attack. Then the pikmin goes god-mode.

Rocket from Usmash OoS

Pikmin Rocket from charging Usmash

In the first video, Olimar takes the egg roll on-shield and rockets a pikmin to beat it. Since egg roll is constant, it counts as already hitting Olimar when he's shielding, but the pikmin can still take the hit (as explained previously).

In the second, the Falco hits Olimar's Usmash as he's charging it and rockets the pikmin. Note that Olimar released the attack before the move came through to hit him and he didn't take damage.

If the Usmash is already OUT when it is struck by an attack (like, it has an active hitbox), the sex kick will clank with it and continue through to hit Olimar, like you said.
(couldn't find a video for this one, but you know what it looks like)

And if Olimar is hit before the command is given, it doesn't rocket.

I'm 100% certain that Nair CAN beat Olimar's Usmash if it's already out, but Olimar CAN rocket a pikmin to beat it with proper timing or an Usmash OoS.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Oh. So Rocket Usmash is if you release a charge and the opponent's attack connects during the few frames between windup and Oli's Usmash attack appearing(?)

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, my Xbox has decided it doesn't want to read discs...

I am soooooooooooooo pissed right now. Holy ****, I have not been this mad is a long *** time. God damn Microsoft and their ****ty *** consoles.

Flayl

Smash Hero
How hard/expensive is it to manually replace the drive? I did it for the Wii, a spare drive on ebay.co.uk cost me around 25€

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I prefer the PS3 over the Xbox, and the only game that would really interest me that isnt also on the PS3 would be Halo 4, which at least 15 of my friends got.

Rizen

Smash Legend
XBox is a Halo system. I have neither :( .
I hope you can fix it without losing a lot of money Jay. (not sarcasm)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I saw looper this weekend, the friday night before the tournament.

maybe that's why i did so well lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
its in the stream link that he posted, if you go back a page or two

i think it's an hour and a half in but you can keep skipping, he's literally the only bowser that plays on that stream in actual bracket matches

Flayl

Smash Hero
I saw looper this weekend, the friday night before the tournament.

maybe that's why i did so well lol
I loved that movie but I thought it would have been a lot stronger if the Rainmaker
had abused time travel somehow instead of being a male Dark Phoenix

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm late in saying this, but good **** on getting 5th at your tourney, Limit. I was confident you'd still be good upon your return to the game. ;)

I was at a tourney myself this past Saturday, and I placed 13th out of 32. I won the sets I won with Bowser and I lost the sets I lost with DK. This was a sign, among other signs, that I need to stop beating around the bush and focus on my Bowser more. Would my placement be better? Who knows? The point is, I need to have more faith in my main, and train harder than I ever have before. I have videos of my Bowser from this tourney, and they'll be uploaded soon.

As for KK's recorded sets at Show me the Poutine 2, I have the stream times right here for easy viewing.....

KK vs. Gina (Olimar) - Starts at 2:56:00
KK vs. Ally (Snake) - Starts at 3:49:00

Stream link: http://fr.twitch.tv/morksqc/b/336295176

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I didn't even watch him against the Olimar player, and I won't be able to give critique on that because I'm terrible at the matchup myself

but I have to say this:

David, for God's sake, why do you not go for grabs when Ally is clearly wide open? Your defense is great but the punishing is sub-optimal..

to be fair he did come off of a longer hiatus than i did, but i kept saying "what?!?!!?" at my computer screen every time.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Sorry guys lol I know I did a lot of mistakes. But don't forget I didnt play competitevly for one year :( I just need to pratice and getting back my good habits

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm heading down to Georgia for WABA in the morning, so I won't be available on the boards until Sunday, just so you guys know.

D

Deleted member 189823

Sorry guys lol I know I did a lot of mistakes. But don't forget I didnt play competitevly for one year :( I just need to pratice and getting back my good habits
Oh, I am sorry about that, KKong. I didn't mean to criticize your play harshly.

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, found out about a console/iDevice and such repair place. Turns out the issue was with the laser... which is just as pricey as a new drive at $120. Would have cost a flat $100 through Microsoft, but they would have charged the same had the problem been a dirty lens where as the place I found charged $30 to look at it and clean it and stuff.

Not only does that initial $30 go toward the part but they give a longer warranty than Microsoft (120 days compared to 90). I'll finally get to play Halo 4 this coming Thursday at the earliest. I know where I'm going next time a console breaks.

In other news, I read back a few pages and I'm sad that Olimar seems to have an answer to NAir. I'm also not shocked in the slightest. Seems Bowser is just made to fail. He'd probably be a contender for worst in the game if Klaw wasn't so disjointed.

Played Dota 2 for the first time tonight. It's fairly complicated and I'm no stranger to that genre of game, it has a steep learning curve, a **** ton of playable dudes to learn... and I like it. Which is good, because I really need something to take my mind off Halo 4. This and the lag problems I've been hearing about have made me feel better about a game I will have waited a week and a half after release and invested $205 to play. I fully expect to hate the game once I finally do.

My thoughts on Doug's new Demo Reel thing: ... Eh... Nostalgia Critic took less time and money and was funnier, but I'm not upset to be seeing more of Rob in front of the camera.

What else... SW:TOR is going free to play very soon. The only thing I plan on paying for is the PVP pass. And HK47-I mean, 51 or whatever. Not sure if that's even pay content. :/ I mostly can't wait to get back on my Sith Marauder, Maraudershields. I make a habit of saying "HOLD THE LINE!" every now and then in the chat.

Rewatching One Piece from the beginning. I only watched certain important bits up until I started watching fairly late in the series. Even though everyone is weaker and the stakes are lower in these early story arcs, it's still REALLY good. Better even since this is before they started dragging their heels with the content to make sure they stay behind the manga.

Can't say I blame them. Hellsing for example just kinda takes a dump on itself at the end. It introduced the main villain on, like, the second to last episode and it never explained what was up with that random six eyed dog from the intro and a couple episodes. At least the intro song was good.

Still thinking about making some sort of book review blog specifically so I can point out all of the short comings in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and possibly other books. Still haven't read the newest one. I could have swore it was coming out on paperback sooner than this but Barnes & Noble claims I have to wait until the middle of next year. What really sucks is that it features all of the actually interesting characters that were absent from the last one which felt padded for a book in this series. That's saying something. Some random guy, who never had ONE line of dialog up until the FOURTH book, got his own chapter
and died in the very next one he appeared in
. SO integral to the plot. I have no idea what I would have done without that chapter. I think at least two other characters only had one or two chapters as well. Then there was all of the Cersei chapters, which I think was about half of the book or at least felt like it, which all said the same thing in a nutshell: this character is evil and stupid. I knew this before hand mind you, but for some reason the author wanted to make really really really really really sure you knew it.

Been reading the 'Elemental Assassin' series. Kind of an easy read, but the 'Night Angel Trilogy' really turned onto assassins (for the love of god read the 'Night Angel Trilogy' if you're at all into books).... and Elemental Assassin ended up making me face palm. A lot. Stories are interesting at least and they don't take forever for **** all to happen like in 'A Song of Ice and Fire'.

Still, the very first person you see the main character kill is via a thrown... sharpened screw.... The second is from a stab to the chest, gut, and crotch... with a pen.... She makes lock picks... out of ice. She magics them into existence, but it's still ice.... Yeah, I wont begrudge anyone passing this up, but aside from that first chapter and the fact that she's the kind of protagonist that somehow seems really bad at their job despite supposedly being really good at it, I've enjoyed it so far.

Reading Orcs presently. Interesting change of pace from the normal fantasy literature.

I guess that's it. Good job tourny Bowsers, by the way. :)

Life

Smash Hero
Storytime!

So I'm playing Roller in friendlies before bracket :popo:

I play Sonic for a couple of games (twostocked and threestocked, managed to gimp Nana once and that's about it) and I get bored so I go random.

The stage is Delfino. I get Bowser.

I say something along the lines of "Well, crap. Wait, isn't this supposedly like an even matchup or something?"

So I spend a decent chunk of the game trying to figure out what I can get away with without lagging massively because I don't play Bowser. He gets a grab pretty quickly, but stage transition breaks the grab. So I camp harder and eventually get grabbed again anyway. Like I said, I don't play Bowser.

So it's the transition before the part on the one rooftop, I'm on my second stock, and I manage to snag Nana with side-B. So I Bowsercide, successfully jump out of it (which I was never able to do while actually trying), and the stage comes up and saves me. So I eventually kill Popo (with a down-B no less), die two more times, and that's the game.

In case you didn't see what happened:

With Bowser, a character I don't play and have no idea how to play, I did as well or better against Ice Climbers than with Sonic, my main.

tl;dr? Bowser versus Climbers really is even. 0_o
Shoutouts to you guys for going even with Ice Climbers.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Jay, the Hellsing anime does that because the ending came out before the manga finished. Watch Ultimate, which isn't all out yet.

:phone:

B!squick

Smash Master
Jay, the Hellsing anime does that because the ending came out before the manga finished. Watch Ultimate, which isn't all out yet.

:phone:
I'm well aware of that. Doesn't make it any less terrible, lol. And I've been watching Ultimate and I've been in love with every minute of it. It's neck and neck with One Piece for my favorite on going anime.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is Wreck-it Ralph any good? I read Bowser doesn't even get to talk but the orange pac man ghost does (looks up, Clyde is not very bright). :urg: WTF? I thought of Zangief as a neutral character but only played up to Street Fighter 2.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wreck it ralph is amazing, Ive already seen it twice. Id definitely recommend it.

Life

Smash Hero
WIR is worth seeing.

The original reason Zangief is with bad-anon because one of the devs producers could never beat him in SF or something. Alternatively, he's either just there because he's Russian and there was a cold war going on, or just there as a therapist (i.e. the guy there that's not alcoholic bad and is just there to help the others).

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it's because that the capcom OVAs and stuff regularly use Zangief as a bad guy, and the live action movie did too

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Zangief is a bad guy cuz he likes crushing people's skulls between his thighs

Top Bottom