• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Jay......

Bah gawd, man, that was beautiful. ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWAH!

Also, awesome discovery, Zig!

I hate trying to land against Olimar and eating a USmash, so I'll definitely keep fastfall Nair in mind. Bowsers, commit this to memory, if you haven't already.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lots of helpful advice, thanks everyone :bee: . I'm no stranger to being CGed:urg:.

I almost forgot! I never did tell you guys what I learned against Olimar:

Fastfalled nair beats upsmash. Doesn't matter the Pikmin or the charge. So stop airdodging and start nairing.

Go **** Olimars.

^If it works like Link's Nair, you can beat Snake's Usmash too. ;)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
that young fresh weefee

nah we're bowser mains, we're condescending toward anyone who's in the low tier struggle with us.

we try to be kings wherever we are. what part of "king of the universe...swag, etc" didn't you undertstand? :p

even my signature highlights it.

under mario's foot on the screen, number one in your *****'s our hearts. obama? romney? who...this is koopa 2012 man.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ah, that's cool. Each character forum has their own society.
I try to stand up for low tiers.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
we're just like this because everyone and their grandmother thinks they're better than bowser when in reality only like one character in the low tiers is probably better and even that is disputable (in my opinion)

**** i still think bowser is at the top of LT but we/I just need to prove it.

in reality we're probably the most chill character boards on swf or at least like top 5..we give no ****s

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
We are mad chill, and we play such a badass character. How can anyone not think that we're the coolest? :cool:

We'll continue to persist in our badass, chill ways, until our character reaches his rightful spot.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Lots of helpful advice, thanks everyone :bee: . I'm no stranger to being CGed:urg:.

^If it works like Link's Nair, you can beat Snake's Usmash too. ;)
Snake's Mortar has like no priority. Most aerials beat it.

Also Jay's post was super Braveheart. I love it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
**** i still think bowser is at the top of LT but we/I just need to prove it.

in reality we're probably the most chill character boards on swf or at least like top 5..we give no ****s
We'll continue to persist in our badass, chill ways, until our character reaches his rightful spot.
So that's about top of G tier where Lucas is? http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14394448&postcount=1

Low tier mains are bad*** but I have to say that in a broader sense because I use 4 of them:awesome:. Bowser has better traits/tools than H tiers for sure.

The boards are nice and lively too. That advice about BBomb, punishing etc earlier was helpful; I won a game because better use of OoS/Grab release/Klaw and BBombs :bee:

Edit:
I make one of these for all my characters.

Keep in mind this was my first time sketching Bowser and my ancient scanner killed a lot of the shading. Bower has weird weight distribution but I mean that in a caring way.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^thanks :)
Ironically shading the back leg was suppose to make it less confusing. *shrug*

I can't find my Metriod Prime Trilogy disk:urg:. Seriously how do these thing disappear:glare:?

D

Deleted member 189823

I think I'll get into critiquing your videos later. When I used to send videos of Link my first matches were wifi. :p

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Going to a tournament today...I have not touched brawl for about 2 months and I havent practiced, either.

Let's see how I do! Lmao

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

Why wouldn't you practice before going to a tournament, that's just dumb. Especially if you're using Bowser.

Nevertheless, good luck.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I dont have my wii here, thats why I couldnt practice. I got a couple matches in this morning...we'll see.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol I never practice before a tournament, my warm up and all that is either pools or the early rounds in bracket.

D

Deleted member 189823

How is that a "warm up" if you're in the risk of losing...unless you're playing against a casual.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Lost to PikaPika 0-2 in r3 winners. Im in 4th round losers right now.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I got 5th, ill explain later.

Basically the event had the potential to be pretty huge (Meek, TO Joe, Fatal, Strong Island and more were coming to the event) but due to unfortunate circumstances, aka MK being banned, no doubles & hurricane Sandy, they weren't there. The level of competition was alright...it didn't really compare to NYC ****, but I did end up NOT placing in money...so obviously something went wrong, right? Well:

I lost to PikaPika in winners r3. To answer your question, Swei, he is ranked #2 in NY State (this is different from NYC, NY State and NY City have two separate rankings.) right behind San (that Ike player) and was one of the very top Pikachus. Upstate Brawl power rankings don't mean much because a lot of the stronger players don't have time or motivation to play Brawl.

He just plays Brawl occasionally but that's the case for everyone that's upstate because the Brawl scene is non-existent. Nevertheless, I was mind****ed and got bodied 2-0. I definitely do not play against Pikachus often, and one of that level was a bit overwhelming. It was an experience though, and I did try my best! It is what it is.

Yeah, I wasn't really fazed by that...I'm not really fazed by any losses, or at least I thought that was the case until I actually lost my match in the loser's bracket. I played against some Marth player and I had it in the bag. I made a mistake, lost a very tight third game which ended up placing me in 5th. I was extremely mad at myself for making a TERRIBLE decision at such a tense point in the last stock of that match. But, what I didn't realize, until after, however was that even if I did win that round, I would have played PikaPika again, so I doubt it would have made a huge difference. I'm satisfied with my placing, considering how I came from a huge hiatus, but I do wish that there was a higher level of competition. It had a lot of potential, and it would have been even crazier.

I had a ****ing great time though, so my complaints only go so far. It was a great event and I enjoyed playing Marvel and playing Brawl again for the first time in 2 months. I guess since I actually played in tournament now, I can actually confirm that Marvel has definitely helped my reflexes and my decision making. My grab releases are on point :) I think I'm ready to take my #1 spot back.

I also got a grab release edge-klawed BAir on that Marth that I played. I love some of the nasty **** that I can do in this game. Good lord.

We'll see how I do back in NYC.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I hear the first half is great and the second is OK, where Ralph takes the backseat in his own movie.

I can feel the motivation radiating from Limit's post, pretty awesome haha

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I don't think there will be any..the streaming that they had was mainly for the fighting games. they didn't have the proper equipment for Brawl streaming. I'm an idiot and never save matches, thats always been the case since forever now..ill scrounge around my friends wii at SU for anything i have.

Because of how well the event was ran, and the turnout, there is another event 2 weeks from now...i probably wont be able to make it because im going back to the city on the 16th.

Rizen, i used the AT that we never got a name for...we just call it Ledge cancelled Klaw or LEK or whatever, it was found in 2009. When you foxtrot to the edge and do a side b in the opposite direction, you will be falling off of the ledge in that same direction as the klaw. Depending on your distance from the ledge, this will actually be faster than doing a RAR'd BAir.

Vex made a video of it but im on my phone...basically i did that and just double jump bair'd. I'm positive that was the fastest move ive made in this game lol

someone told me Vex used Bowser at some point in Youmacon...any of you guys catch that?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah I saw it earlier. It just looked like Vex was fooling around, but it made LOE look like even more of a fool. I didn't know buffering a grab was that difficult for some people. Oh well, it was only one match anyway. **** if I were Vex I would have just went D3 from the beginning and decimated him (loe) haha

and here is the video I was mentioning earlier. I've actually found a couple of uses for it, namely that air release bair crap i was talking about, but it's nice to keep in mind. It works in more areas than just the ledges, ie platforms (slanted/moving makes no difference).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOwfw7Qbfoo

--
edit: I bet I can match a "Bowser-ish" theme to all you guys' favorite CP stages, so list them, even if it is a neutral.

Mine is (obviously) delfino, so I always think of this when I'm on there as Bowser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L3WfvNDaDI

inb4 Bowser isn't a shark...he's a ****ing predator, so that's all that matters.

Top Bottom