• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WPI Smash

otg

Smash Master
Neal, stop playing that trashy ****ing TvC game. Everyone I've spoken to thinks that game is gay, and it's ****ing with your melee game. Pick up the Melee sticks *****, I'm gonna **** you this summer.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Neal, stop playing that trashy ****ing TvC game. Everyone I've spoken to thinks that game is gay, and it's ****ing with your melee game. Pick up the Melee sticks *****, I'm gonna **** you this summer.
People think its trash because its not MvC2 lol.

Also, not my fault ive been so busy the past couple of months. SO MUCH WORK OMG. At least it's almost done for now.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Guys,
If the man's gettin' laid at prom, I think it's safe to say he's justified in going.
He isn't going to prom. Hes going to his buddy's after party with his would be date.

Except I, his would-be date, turned him down for this smashfest, so now he is going with like, a girl or something.

Either way, smashbros > hos.

And Nuzlocke runs are the ****.
You guys need to make a thread "OTG v. Yedi: The Nuzlocke CHALLENGE".

Then just take screencaps and make logs/stories of your adventure, and post them both in the topic. Or two different topics.

Also, Irish Mafia is probably showing up this weekend. GET...YOUTH PASSES!
-DD

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yep

what about this? try tilting your screen or something, figure out who it is!

otg

Smash Master
Wait wait wait wait wait Yedi. I'm totally down to do it Nuzlocke style. In fact, I thought that was the point of this whole thing? It wouldn't be fun if we didn't play that way.

Also, WHAT ****ING GAME ARE WE DOING.

otg

Smash Master
I would do Ruby version only because I have only played thru Emerald/Ruby/sapphire like twice total, so that would be cool. Red/Blue are super outdated, great games, but FireRed and LeafGreen are superior in every single way possible. Personally, I vote for Golden/Silver cause its the best one for single player, but GOD FORBID IF YOU CAN'T SPEED UP THE GAME TO YOUR LIKING YEDI.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm totally down for a Nuzlocke run of whatever.
If you do Ruby/Saph - I shotty emerald.
G/S - Crystal!
Etc.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
How is that going to work? Yedi and I were planning on battling it out every now and then to keep things interesting, then we are having an all out war after we beat the Elite 4.
I was going to pick off the survivor, but it makes more sense your way. Plus I'd probably give up. I like suicide training too much.
-DD

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I would do Ruby version only because I have only played thru Emerald/Ruby/sapphire like twice total, so that would be cool. Red/Blue are super outdated, great games, but FireRed and LeafGreen are superior in every single way possible. Personally, I vote for Golden/Silver cause its the best one for single player, but GOD FORBID IF YOU CAN'T SPEED UP THE GAME TO YOUR LIKING YEDI.
I guess you have a good point. If you end up doing gold/silver on emulators, I want in on this too. That way, we could have crazy 4 person thing going on if its even possible.

got em
wtf is that

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
iono, some character from FF,

you shoulda come played today neal. Maybe you coulda beat irish mafia for me since I suck

otg

Smash Master
I just have to reiterate that PC Jona beat MAF in a MM. So you must suck really bad Yedi. Also, that image is of Kefka from FFVI, you *****s need to learn your history.

Neal, it would be sick if you wanna get in on this challenge. You need to do two things tho:

A.) use a PC for the GBA emulator (cause the program to battle online doesn't work for Mac).
B.) it's a Nuzlocke challenge, so you catch the first pokemon you find in each area and ONLY that one, and if any of your pokemon faints than you have to release it. You up for the challenge? If so let's get it on.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
iono, some character from FF,

you shoulda come played today neal. Maybe you coulda beat irish mafia for me since I suck
well thats aids. i ended up doing work tonight, then got distracted with another group of friends :ohwell:. are u gonna be around in the summer? i assume youre going home though.

I just have to reiterate that PC Jona beat MAF in a MM. So you must suck really bad Yedi. Also, that image is of Kefka from FFVI, you *****s need to learn your history.

Neal, it would be sick if you wanna get in on this challenge. You need to do two things tho:

A.) use a PC for the GBA emulator (cause the program to battle online doesn't work for Mac).
B.) it's a Nuzlocke challenge, so you catch the first pokemon you find in each area and ONLY that one, and if any of your pokemon faints than you have to release it. You up for the challenge? If so let's get it on.
holy **** ive never heard of that challenge. sounds insane. i have access to a windows comp on campus, so i can just use that during my procrastination periods :laugh:.

otg

Smash Master
So here are the updated rules to this challenge.

You can play the game either via emulator or on actual Gameboy, it don't matter. Download Shoddybattle and we're going to do our battling thru that program. Since we are doing Pokemon G/S neal we have to set the natures to Docile/bashful (no positive or negative stat gains) since they didn't exist at the time. This shouldn't really be a problem tho, it's both a gift and a curse.

We're going to 1v1 battles at certain points which remain to be decided (every gym? every 2 gyms, certain points in the game, w'e?), the loser must throw away that pokemon. As a result, you can't use the same pokemon more then once for a 1v1.

You can also progress as much as you want in the game regardless of where your rival is in the game! Just write down the stats, level and moves of the pokemon you are putting up to battle at the time, and then when you're both ready, duke it out.

Neal, I shot Gold lol. I'm going to get started tomorrow or the day after, good luck nugga

Oh last thing, and this should really go without saying but, everything is on the honor system, no cheating or being a homo and what not.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
We should have a WPI vs. BU crew battle sometimes, from what I see right now, seems like we have a bigger Brawl scene and you guys have a bigger Melee scene since a bunch of our melee players are graduating this year. But it would be fun nonetheless.

Top Bottom