• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay to make Wifi Better?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
If nintendo did introduce a pay feature for online, im pretty sure it would only apply to new games, and not existing ones. Much like you cant use wii speak on brawl.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Wifi is independant of brawl and shared by multiple systems, it is an entirely seperate thing. It consists of a transmitted signal that your wii recieves. If they had two seperate senders, one for paying players and one for free players, I'm sure the competitive community would be reaaaallly overjoyed

Kief

Smash Ace
i'd like to just be able to do basic brawl for once lol. all the times i've tried it i've never found anybody :\

Kief

Smash Ace
dude ive tried all kinds of ways in both basic and team brawl...its a lost cause lol. its ok i have friends though :grin:

Unanimated

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it would be cool if they made it more similar to Xbox LIVE, where you can have headsets and stuff, and if they released a USB hard drive for the Wii and download Wii games through the shop channel, I would totally pay for that.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
I was thinking about that, too. And the Wifi we have now is exceptional for free Wifi. If Nintendo made two Wifi's, one you pay for and one you don't, then I would be perfectly content with the Wifi I have now, so yes, I would pay ot make it better.
Wifi is independant of brawl and shared by multiple systems, it is an entirely seperate thing. It consists of a transmitted signal that your wii recieves. If they had two seperate senders, one for paying players and one for free players, I'm sure the competitive community would be reaaaallly overjoyed
I agree with both of these guys, but I'm not sure if it would work out. I don't think enough people would be willing to pay knowing that the free service is also available. The free wifi service does attract a lot of people to Nintendo for all Nintendo games not just Brawl.

Kief

Smash Ace
I agree with both of these guys, but I'm not sure if it would work out. I don't think enough people would be willing to pay knowing that the free service is also available. The free wifi service does attract a lot of people to Nintendo for all Nintendo games not just Brawl.
but not everybody has to get it. only people who wanted it would pay, and from the look of this thread so far, alot would pay.

they cant add more servers just for brawl? idk how it works lol.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
but not everybody has to get it. only people who wanted it would pay, and from the look of this thread so far, alot would pay.

they cant add more servers just for brawl? idk how it works lol.
How would that work...?

If you're playing someone who hasn't paid for it, one would lag, one wouldn't?

Or are you saying that to play it at all you would have to pay, that would make more sense.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
How would that work...?

Or are you saying that to play it at all you would have to pay, that would make more sense.
I think it's along the lines of xbox live silver membership and gold membership. Silver, you can talk to friends and stuff (and in the wii case, maybe play private games with your friends) and Gold would be the whole package. Maybe?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
How would that work...?

lagless would play lagless. and lag would play lag. simple as that.
everyone gets the same thing but lagless could play laggy but it'd be one sided.

Kief

Smash Ace
yeah. unfortunately both players dont have the same amount of lag, so one guy would be screwed i guess.

btw has anybody noticed ur buttons gettin messed up on wifi? like for example sometimes i hit the grab button and it shields or jabs instead. it doesnt happen often but its really annoying and sometimes costly when it does. has anybody else ever had this problem?

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
I would pay 10 bucks a month for nintendo live.....lol
I would but their games of hopes to find a game with 1 month free of this.....

Me and my X Box 360. >_<
I would pay for the online if it were like 20 bucks........

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
You couldn't have a laggy player play against a lag-free player. That would either destroy sync or drag the lag-free player back into lagdom. >.> So it would have to be members vs. members and freebies vs. freebies.

Kief

Smash Ace
You couldn't have a laggy player play against a lag-free player. That would either destroy sync or drag the lag-free player back into lagdom. >.> So it would have to be members vs. members and freebies vs. freebies.
well in that case i suppose the members can have an option of which servers they play on. so they could play with both. however it seems as though alot of people would be 'members' so they should have plenty of other members to play. and if they wanted to play a personal friend they knew or something and that person wasnt a member then it would just have to be laggy.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
yeah. unfortunately both players dont have the same amount of lag, so one guy would be screwed i guess.

btw has anybody noticed ur buttons gettin messed up on wifi? like for example sometimes i hit the grab button and it shields or jabs instead. it doesnt happen often but its really annoying and sometimes costly when it does. has anybody else ever had this problem?
I have, cost me few random wifi battles. =P What's funny was the lag actually wasn't bad, but it was there foe sure. Tried throwing and wound up shielding or jabbing like you said.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
No, actually. I already paid for the game and the console. To pay MORE is adding insult to injury. Next you know game makers will come out with sub standard products on purpose just so they can charge more for the "better" experience. Meh.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
If it means fixing WiFi and adding full features that we would EXPECT to see from a modern game then YES!

Panix

Smash Ace
No, actually. I already paid for the game and the console. To pay MORE is adding insult to injury. Next you know game makers will come out with sub standard products on purpose just so they can charge more for the "better" experience. Meh.
in response to this, you make no sense. because it's not "brawl" itself that makes wifi laggy *though i do admit, i play dbz online and it's no where near as bad." its more of the fact that wii online is free, and it's online isn't developed yet. people don't by the wii to go online and play call of duty. people by the wii to play sports, fit, and brawl ;). so....

Yes, I would pay about 40-50 bucks for (bold italic 12 font) NINTENDO (Close bold italic 12 font) to fix the general internet experience.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
actually it IS Brawl that's laggy, there's another thread about that, where someone asked why Mario Kart Wii wasn't as laggy ... it's cause Brawl's so complex or whatever that it can't function well online. Paying more money just seems wrong. It's like Service Pack 3. You don't have to pay extra for it because you've already paid for Windows... the service pack just improves it, but Microshaft doesn't expect people to actually pay more for the fix.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'd pay. It's like paying for live. I really could care less if there are good deals such as 50$ for 13 months. Everyone was looking forward to the Wifi the most, in my opinion. It was such a huge let down to me. Still, I don't understand why brawl lags like such a mofo, whereas Mario Kart never lags. Sigh.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ok well now that I've read more of this topic I guess I misunderstood the thread basically. it's not would you pay money for a better Online Brawl experience, it's would you pay money for a better Nintendo Wifi Connect experience which in turn -should- improve online brawl along with several other games. And yes actually, I would pay for that. XBox Live is a pay service so too could NWC. But part of their whole selling point was "our online gaming is free! yay!"

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Ok well now that I've read more of this topic I guess I misunderstood the thread basically. it's not would you pay money for a better Online Brawl experience, it's would you pay money for a better Nintendo Wifi Connect experience which in turn -should- improve online brawl along with several other games. And yes actually, I would pay for that. XBox Live is a pay service so too could NWC. But part of their whole selling point was "our online gaming is free! yay!"
there you go :) yes, it was a good selling point but it wasn't supposed to suck. thus if we paid maybe it'd get better.

Kief

Smash Ace
well there still could be free, just paying money would make it better. i dont believe this thread was made specifically to rewrite nintendo's wifi policy, but just to get a collective opinion on whether people would pay money to not have lag (i think). however this turned into something that may end up being presented to nintendo. >.>

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
The only thing i want them to do with wifi..is possibly make it a little bit less laggier..and Have 1V1 basic brawls....that's what i want.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I say nintendo gives the people who paid for wifi excellent signal with no lag and the people who use it for free get crappy connection so they will have to pay and soon everyone will have great connection.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wouldn't pay unless they gave better options. Wi-fi lacks so much of what Xbox has.

Cel

Smash Cadet
I would pay. If its only a one time payment and it takes away the main problem with brawl on wi-fi I believe its a relativly fair deal (thought if nintendo did take that route it would sho that they purposly make wi-fi laggy just to squander more money).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, yeah. They'll make you buy upgrades one by one so you can get the best gameplay.

Top Bottom