• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World>USA in smash?

Vega4

Smash Ace
...you guys can either fix the rules or let me get more free wins
That would be good.
Why don't you change those rules? I mean, not necessarily change the time rule, but at least change the planking rule...

Gnes is a lot better now. I would like to see a match of you aganist Gnes...
And... I'm not sure if it's a Diddy problem. ADHD is way too good, maybe, he is the best player now, at least the more dominant in his matchs.
If he would go to more tournaments, maybe things would be different....

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
jman got rested 6 times in one game, and stole 3 of my stocks :/. It was last set 5th game still tho

i wouldn't beat gnes or adhd. I'm not very good against diddy. I was talking about overall, but I'm done talking about this. Any responses just leads to more problems and pointless arguments so I'm stopping after this post.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Jus outta curiosity y do U practice against a lvl 3 computer? is it so U can do diff strats and not get sucked into w/e habit it is that can b used to beat the computer?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
just hit them around like a sandbag and practice tech skill.

ehhhh im getting bored of smash lately (both). I'm in Denver CO and I was supposed to play a lot the last 2 days but I only played like 2 hours total.. I'm bored of the game right now but smash tournaments are what I live off of

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Str888888888888888888888

but yeah Baq 2 da topic...

If USA players studied OOC players like theu do us(or U guys I guess) then I'm certain things wouldn't turn out the same way.

& wait... R U NOT EXCITED BY THE CHALLENGE THAT IS IN THE OTHER COUNTRIES????

Plus U can visit places like JAPAN and EUROPE

Also, U might want to look 4 another source of income. Ur skills are already astounding so U might not have to spend as much time as ur already doing practicing and U don't wanna make all of ur money from 1 thing.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
just hit them around like a sandbag and practice tech skill.

ehhhh im getting bored of smash lately (both). I'm in Denver CO and I was supposed to play a lot the last 2 days but I only played like 2 hours total.. I'm bored of the game right now but smash tournaments are what I live off of
maybe you should invite diddy and olimar players to help you with your matchups.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Srsly we shud learn from this video... he's right... We always pick all the high characters
And it only makes tier whores worse. They only know the matchups against the higher tiers and then someone pulls a Gamerbee and beats them because they don't know squat about that matchup. I'm surprised that, out of the skimmed portions of the thread that I've looked through, barely anyone says much about the video.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
And it only makes tier whores worse. They only know the matchups against the higher tiers and then someone pulls a Gamerbee and beats them because they don't know squat about that matchup. I'm surprised that, out of the skimmed portions of the thread that I've looked through, barely anyone says much about the video.
Americans R LAZY like he said...

I just wan to bring Sonic 2 w/e level I can.... So I play Sonic

Others shud pik a char they like and get gud w/ em

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie; I ignored that 15 minute video about a game I don't play until just earlier today cuz I was bored :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Americans R LAZY like he said...

I just wan to bring Sonic 2 w/e level I can.... So I play Sonic

Others shud pik a char they like and get gud w/ em
If the game was better balanced, you COULD say that, but I can't say with certaintity for Brawl (or Melee for that matter). If a good chunk of the cast really is as bad as it seems, then there may be some merit to the tier whoring.

Still, it's this kind of thing that supports the tires don exits argument.

I'm not gonna lie; I ignored that 15 minute video about a game I don't play until just earlier today cuz I was bored :laugh:
You should've still watch anyway as someone bothered to post a video that he felt relevant.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
If the game was better balanced, you COULD say that, but I can't say with certaintity for Brawl (or Melee for that matter). If a good chunk of the cast really is as bad as it seems, then there may be some merit to the tier whoring.

You should've still watch anyway as someone bothered to post a video that he felt relevant.
>.>

Dude, this is a general discussion about a topic that clearly has no answer. And you're telling me I "should" do something?

O_o

You're kind of being a ****.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
>.>

Dude, this is a general discussion about a topic that clearly has no answer. And you're telling me I "should" do something?

O_o

You're kind of being a ****.
You don't have to watch the video, but I feel that watching the video would help the discussion. Remember, should =/= have to.

As for me telling you to do something, there is something else I think you should do, but you don't have to do it:
Enslave all of humanity with global warming.

B_AWAL

Smash Master

I actually jus opened it jus cause & was jus listenin while I was reading the tread... as time passed I got more and more interested

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You don't have to watch the video, but I feel that watching the video would help the discussion. Remember, should =/= have to.

As for me telling you to do something, there is something else I think you should do, but you don't have to do it:
Enslave all of humanity with global warming.
What discussion!? There's nothing to really discuss! It's a casual conversation! Someone posted something I'm not interested in so I ignored it - I'm not subjected to read/watch anything just because it's posted in a thread that isn't even serious.

Get off your Street Fighter high horse, recognize that this is a silly thread for enjoyment, recognize that I don't play Street Fighter and therefore wouldn't just naturally be interested in a video about Street Fighter, recognize that I come here for enjoyment, and admit that there's no reason for me to watch something I'm not interested in inside of a thread that's purely for enjoyment.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Id love to see a couple of US players go to a large Japanese tournament to see how they do since the Japanese rules seem to favor who is more skillful than who can CP a really bad stage or time out their opponent. They pretty much just play on neutrals right?

I wonder if thats why the Japanese are so good? They cant rely on some auto-win rules, they must face their opponents fairly and improve on their weaknesses.
I like this.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
World>USA in Brawl? No. If there was a world crew vs. a USA crew, it would be close, but USA would win.

World vs. USA in Melee would be close too, but USA comes out on top there as well.

So no, World definitely not >USA. But you guys need to stop underrating other territories lol. It happened at COT4 with Ally, Genesis with Armada, and now Apex with Japan.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What discussion!? There's nothing to really discuss! It's a casual conversation! Someone posted something I'm not interested in so I ignored it - I'm not subjected to read/watch anything just because it's posted in a thread that isn't even serious.

Get off your Street Fighter high horse, recognize that this is a silly thread for enjoyment, recognize that I don't play Street Fighter and therefore wouldn't just naturally be interested in a video about Street Fighter, recognize that I come here for enjoyment, and admit that there's no reason for me to watch something I'm not interested in inside of a thread that's purely for enjoyment.
There is no need to be rude.

This may be a casual conversation, but I feel that this was Smash's Gamerbee-JWong moment. As such, this is something to be looked into as it may mean that the other characters may not be as bad as we think they are. Meta Knight might not be so overpowering after all.

As for me being on my SF high horse, I'm not saying you should've watched the video because I'm a SF fan. You don't even have to know the names of the characters to get the overall message of that video: Tier whoring only hurts you in more than one way.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
if i do good at the MLGs (esp if I win the final one) then I guarantee that I am going to Japan next June
Everyone make sure you lose to M2K because I want to see this happen :laugh:

edit@Kuma: First, you were rude the minute you insinuated I was wrong for not watching the video.

Second, look at that video and only watch the first 30 seconds. Nothing is there to show that the video is about tiers - if I'm not interested in Street Fighter I'm not going to watch past that unless someone tells me specifically that the video is about more than Street Fighter.

When I say SF high horse I mean realizing that you're the only one who took the time to watch the video because YOU are interested in SF, and therefore watched long enough to reach the other points of the video. People who aren't SF fans would not have and you fail to realize this.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Id love to see a couple of US players go to a large Japanese tournament to see how they do since the Japanese rules seem to favor who is more skillful than who can CP a really bad stage or time out their opponent. They pretty much just play on neutrals right?

I wonder if thats why the Japanese are so good? They cant rely on some auto-win rules, they must face their opponents fairly and improve on their weaknesses.
Re-quoted for emphasis. America needs to evaluate their crazy stage selection and counter picks.

B_AWAL

Smash Master

Dude there is a diff message in the video...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma: First, you were rude the minute you insinuated I was wrong for not watching the video.

Second, look at that video and only watch the first 30 seconds. Nothing is there to show that the video is about tiers - if I'm not interested in Street Fighter I'm not going to watch past that unless someone tells me specifically that the video is about more than Street Fighter.

When I say SF high horse I mean realizing that you're the only one who took the time to watch the video because YOU are interested in SF, and therefore watched long enough to reach the other points of the video. People who aren't SF fans would not have and you fail to realize this.
For God's sake, I said SHOULD. SHOULD! I didn't tell you to watch the video or anything. I merely recommended it as the guy bothered to post the video in this thread.

Second, like reviewing a movie, you should watched the whole thing. Hell, you could've read the comments to get an idea as to what the video is about and then maybe decide to watch the whole thing. Then again, the comments do tend to end up as conversations.

And finally, I had seen the video the day after EVO. As soon as I saw the title and the guy in the video, I knew what the video was about. If the video was posted without taking its context into count, you'd have a point in saying that no non-SF player would've watched the video. However, because it was posted in a thread with a similar subject at hand, there would be an interest to at least some Smash players.

Anyway, we shouldn't be discussing whether or not I was a **** to you in asking you to watch it even though you don't play SF (and not playing it is fine and dandy). The message of the video is far more important.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
For God's sake, I said SHOULD. SHOULD! I didn't tell you to watch the video or anything. I merely recommended it as the guy bothered to post the video in this thread.

Second, like reviewing a movie, you should watched the whole thing. Hell, you could've read the comments to get an idea as to what the video is about and then maybe decide to watch the whole thing. Then again, the comments do tend to end up as conversations.

And finally, I had seen the video the day after EVO. As soon as I saw the title and the guy in the video, I knew what the video was about. If the video was posted without taking its context into count, you'd have a point in saying that no non-SF player would've watched the video. However, because it was posted in a thread with a similar subject at hand, there would be an interest to at least some Smash players.

Anyway, we shouldn't be discussing whether or not I was a **** to you in asking you to watch it even though you don't play SF (and not playing it is fine and dandy). The message of the video is far more important.
@Kuma and B_AWAL: BUT THE MESSAGE DOES NOT APPEAR UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!

I agree that it is worth watching and has stuff to offer this thread, I'm not arguing that at all. I'm saying that from the beginning it looked like a video about nothing more than a SF player.

And no, Kuma, I should not have watched the whole thing. WHY AM I GOING TO WATCH SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT INTEREST ME AND DOES NOT SHOW SIGNS OF HAVING SOMETHING IMPORTANT WITHIN? All it looked like was someone upset that a player they liked was eliminated. Sorry if I don't bother reading comments on things that don't interest me or give indications of being important.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Take it easy.
I think you both got carried away.
Brawl =/= street fighter, that should have been the first an last things said about this, regardless of the meaning of the vid.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Somebody can give us links in youtube of fights of the japanese top players??

EDIT:
Well, I found this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSDlEvQxoAc&feature=related

Brood lose aganist a Diddy. I don't know if that Diddy is the best from japan, but ADHD and Gnes are way better than him...
But there is one little thing, that fight was uploaded in may of 2009, probably Brood is much better now.

And look this snake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL8vDFb0OJM&feature=related

He is good, look at 2:04...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I stil say the same thing...

If USA players actually payed attention 2 OOC player and watched vids of them... We'd win

Damage Points

Smash Ace
There is no way to say anyone us the best unless they have played everyone. That being said M2K is defiantly the most consistent and is ****ing incredible. I wanna see Gluttony Brood Ally Rain M2K DEHF all take turns playing one another and not judged off one set.

Top Bottom