• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World>USA in smash?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ok.....

Sooooooooo.....

Baq 2 da main subject

I still think that USA is BEST in the Brawl & Melee scene

Idk how... but 4 people have beaten Brood since we've had time 2 adjust 2 him

Ok fine that was a terrible point... But I'm still gonna think if we had a crew battle w/ M2K, DEHF, ADHD,Lee Martin (I miss Azen), Nickriddle n otha great USA smashers we couldn't lose...

However I thought Oli > MK 4 a while but every1 jus *****es about his upB

666Philotanus666

Smash Cadet
USA also being world's fatest country(Mexico being 2nd!)... The Queen of England is the most powerful person in the world...USA is Supra Racist! starting with the term "American" or "America" refering to USA... I don't hate, I just don't agree that USA is the best country in the world, but it is also a great country... well this doesn't matter at all, the main subject is about smash...

I think that one of the main reasons that USA has the "top players" is that smash is a loved game in the USA (unlike Mexico for example, that here they all think Halo is the best game ever) this making a great environment for a smasher to grow! And this also making a lot easier for a good player to "shine", there are a lot of unknown super smashers that the world doesn't know; for example, the BEST Sonic mainer that I've ever seen is from Mexico, and here there's also this guy who beats other players with their own mains, and he is also a beast with toon link, seriously, he's really good! My point is that it depends more on the player than the coutry,obviously... And that it's just that more "super smashers" have "shined" in USA than in the rest of the world.
PS I'm talking about Brawl, I don't really know anything about the melee or SSB64 worlds :p

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so what youre saying is...

USA is the best at smash because no one else gives a **** about it?

wutlol

666Philotanus666

Smash Cadet
By the way, I also want to say, I do NOT hate USA, USA is great :) please don't misunderstand what I tried to say, I just wanted to stop that USA-being-the-best arguing, I didn't mean to be offensive or something like that... just wanted to redirect everything to the main subject ;) ... please don't misunderstand T.T

Zodiac

Smash Master
looks to me like #1 spot in the results are still USA
Yup, Its true that no one thought the international community would be this good, or most didn't anyway, but US is still better as whole, that should pretty much close up the thread.

Yung Mei

for example, the BEST Sonic mainer that I've ever seen is from Mexico, and here there's also this guy who beats other players with their own mains, and he is also a beast with toon link, seriously, he's really good!
ill tell you right now from that huge wall of text, you have better english writing skills than majority of my friends and people i know (online and offline)

are you talking about Muhscoe (or however you write his name)?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
By the way, I also want to say, I do NOT hate USA, USA is great :) please don't misunderstand what I tried to say, I just wanted to stop that USA-being-the-best arguing, I didn't mean to be offensive or something like that... just wanted to redirect everything to the main subject ;) ... please don't misunderstand T.T
this is true, in games where europe have bigger scenes like cs & quake they're number #1

Ignaxio

Smash Cadet
I think, that places such as Europe, are a lot more diverse with the characters that they use (I believe they have the best Wario, Marth, Mario, Zelda, C.Falcon, Jiggs, Ike, Samus and a few other characters). While the USA mainly uses high-tiers. However I do not believe this means Europe > USA. As the USA has far more high-level players than Europe.

I don't know too much about Japans scene besides RAIN, Brood and the others that went to Apex are pretty darn good.

BBQTV

Smash Master
just because characters are high tier here doesn't mean their high tier there

the only exception to that is metaknight who is number one on all 3 tier lists

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Glutonny should come to USA and enter a big national
I would like to see that and I'm sure a lot of other smashers probably do too

Kaffei

Smash Hero
And what if he doesn't? I bet $5 you will say he only won because of MK.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'll admit that we are far from perfect, but at least the United States can claim we are the best at what matters the most in the world.
You realize most of the stuff on the list is more important than being richer/being able to destroy the countries higher than you on the list.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it jsut does, whats the point in being able to blow up another country if all of your prisons are bursting at the seams, yet you still fear for your life every time you pass a dark road, all of the people coming out of education are morally and intellectually thick and you cant even speak freely?

also, wheres my passport, i'm moving to iceland

and for the reord, the 3 major sections of smash (usa, europe, japan) are all in similar standards, the metagame has jsut developed very differently, and so different characters prevail...yet meta knigth is still top obviously

Yung Mei

Nu-uh, i cant live without my daily dose of thinking that im number one at everything

/derp

Top Bottom