• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World>USA in smash?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
@ Ran - in response to your PM, yeah, I should play my natural style more, which is get a hit and have confident pressure. I think that my confident pressure game (like Mango's confident pressure game in Melee) can be very strong.

edit - lol @ mk being banned. I'm the only MK that ever wins anything big. I very strongly believe he is overrated by most people. Jiggs is more dominant in Melee not only by Hbox, but Mango too when he brings her out, and Mango actually thinks she is too good. I do not think MK is too good, but I do think the U.S. ruleset and the 8 minute timer favors him a lot.

I would stop traveling for Brawl/Melee if MK got banned, unless jiggs also did in the process. Traveling would be pointless and I should probably retire smash at that point except for occasional local events, which is not something I would like to do.

I think Wario/Olimar/Diddy are underrated, MK/Snake are overrated. Falco is pretty good, top tier, idk where exactly.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
New thread name:
meet and greet: m2k edition.
The timer is because everybody doesn't have all day to at brawl, amirite?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@ Ran - in response to your PM, yeah, I should play my natural style more, which is get a hit and have confident pressure. I think that my confident pressure game (like Mango's confident pressure game in Melee) can be very strong.

edit - lol @ mk being banned. I'm the only MK that ever wins anything big. I very strongly believe he is overrated by most people. Jiggs is more dominant in Melee not only by Hbox, but Mango too when he brings her out, and Mango actually thinks she is too good. I do not think MK is too good, but I do think the U.S. ruleset and the 8 minute timer favors him a lot.

I would stop traveling for Brawl/Melee if MK got banned, unless jiggs also did in the process. Traveling would be pointless and I should probably retire smash at that point except for occasional local events, which is not something I would like to do.

I think Wario/Olimar/Diddy are underrated, MK/Snake are overrated. Falco is pretty good, top tier, idk where exactly.
I actually agree with your opinions on characters; I wouldn't have expected that :laugh:

And yea, Melee Jiggs is mad scary O_O

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Yeah... I made this post the night of Apex. I didn't want it to turn into a who is better than who. At this point it's not important. It wastes energy that can be better spent improving. Threads will take their own course sometimes I suppose.
Of course we want to be the best. Human beings have sort of a "clan" mentality when it comes to things, whether it be region, race, like interests, etc.. I don't like the fact that Armada and Brood came here and got second at one of our biggest nationals. This is our territory basically...BUT, it shows we have to improve. We aren't as superior as some claimed we were. Over the long run, them coming here and performing well will help the US scene and even the worldwide scene. People try to improve when they realize the competition is closer than they thought. It becomes a race and forces the metagame to evolve.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
it shows im a bad U.S. representative <_<
lol, come on. I hope you don't believe that and I'm sure no one else does.
I'm sure if you gave 100 U.S. players the chance to pick a player they want in a national crew battle; you would make the list all 100 times. Anyone who says different is trolling, doesn't like you, or is ignorant.

Some good came out of your loss to Brood in Brawl. (Armada hacks on his turnip pulls in melee, btw :p) I'm not singling you out for losing to him. Brood is an excellent player and beat other excellent players besides yourself. That in-of-itself should be enough to kick in all of our competitive natures; even lower level players like myself.

And please do repay the favor when you make the trip to Japan. :)

Trott

Smash Rookie
I can't believe I just read through this entire thread - a lot of interesting things but the best thing I got out of it was North America vs. Europe vs. Japan. Imagine how many people would watch a stream with the top 10 or so players from each region. Sounds like some mad advertisement money waiting to be made. Now all we need is an eccentric millionaire to front the prize money...

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I can't believe I just read through this entire thread - a lot of interesting things but the best thing I got out of it was North America vs. Europe vs. Japan. Imagine how many people would watch a stream with the top 10 or so players from each region. Sounds like some mad advertisement money waiting to be made. Now all we need is an eccentric millionaire to front the prize money...
That is a great idea

And your avatar is far too cute to exist

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
this whole thread reminds me of the "Lil Wayne is the Best Rapper Alive" argument

i love how people think that just because he says he is, when in fact no one takes consideration for rappers in other parts of the world. Pretend for a minute that there was no language barrier. If we had the rappers from all over the world compete, Lil' Wayne wouldnt even make it ANYWHERE near the roster. Theres a rapper from Venezuela known as MC Klopedia who ***** every time he Freestyles . If Lil Wayne tried a rap battle against him (again, assuming there was no language barrier), Lil Wayne wouldnt even exist anymore.

On topic, was the fact that japan only uses 3 stages considered in the argument?

We have to remember that they played on stages i assume theyre not very familiar with. Imagine if they were familiar with the stages beforehand.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
this whole thread reminds me of the "Lil Wayne is the Best Rapper Alive" argument

i love how people think that just because he says he is, when in fact no one takes consideration for rappers in other parts of the world. Pretend for a minute that there was no language barrier. If we had the rappers from all over the world compete, Lil' Wayne wouldnt even make it ANYWHERE near the roster. Theres a rapper from Venezuela known as MC Klopedia who ***** every time he Freestyles . If Lil Wayne tried a rap battle against him (again, assuming there was no language barrier), Lil Wayne wouldnt even exist anymore.

On topic, was the fact that japan only uses 3 stages considered in the argument?

We have to remember that they played on stages i assume theyre not very familiar with. Imagine if they were familiar with the stages beforehand.
We saw that when Brood played M2K on Battlefield :)

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
May'be to completely settle this someone could probably have a really huge tournament on some private island, close to the middle of the earth where all the best players everywhere come and compete. That way it can possibly be settled, but I highly doubt that. I can dream these silly fantasies though.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
May'be to completely settle this someone could probably have a really huge tournament on some private island, close to the middle of the earth where all the best players everywhere come and compete. That way it can possibly be settled, but I highly doubt that. I can dream these silly fantasies though.
You sir, are a legend.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
We've still managed to get first at every tourney foreign players have come to, i.e. Genesis, P4, Apex.

Though I guess we need more tournies to see if they can outplace us or not.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
^
^ Thanks for the compliment.

I know that the U.S. usually wins it own tournaments probably because of vast majority of the players there being American, which gives United States more chances to come out on top. I wish more top foreign players came though, but that takes plenty money which some folks don't have or they simply don't want to come and more than likely have something better to do.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think all of the US / europe tourneys should just use the TJ ruleset. TKD da bess

:059:

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
True Gheb, it would take away the crutch that most players rely on and force a more solid game performance from said players thus creating a more solid/competitive gaming environment, and by looking it this way and basing it off of players that aren't from the U.S. such as players like TKD, Earth, Brood, Rain, & Suinoko you can see that their playstyles are a lot more solid than most top players. The same can be said for a lot of other/even better players that haven't traveled to the U.S as of yet.

I for one strongly encourage the U.S. to adopt TJ's ruleset/stagelist

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
In regards of M2K's thoughts on the timer/LG limits

I think the rule set would be a lot better if we had Mexico's stage list/ rules and probably a 9 minute timer and or Japan's rule regarding the timer and ledge grabs
Mexican stage list? What would that be now?

And what's this TJ ruleset everyone keep talking about - is it the Tijuana ruleset or something else?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Why does this thread keep reminding me of this video?
Srsly we shud learn from this video... he's right... We always pick all the high characters

I 4 1 am happy as hell that X brought SONIC 2 a really competitive Level(He didn't go!!! :( )

Please don't think I'm riding my States **** rite now but I wonder what would have happened if Shaky, NickRiddle, ESAM & ADHD showed up...

US > the world (Jus my opinion I don't mean 2 sound like a D1Q)

****it I can't remember who da hell beat Rain!!!
DEHF beat Brood

But yeah,

If U had a line-up like

M2K
Lee Martin
DEHF
Anti
NickRiddle
Shaky
ADHD(In his prime)
Lain
ESAM
X (I'm a :sonic: main so I HAD 2 put this guy in there lol)

I'm certain another country couldn't take these guys

I'm certain every1 from Japan was watching vids of M2K & Ally so if M2K n Ally did the same 4 they're players I'm certain that the results wouldn't be the same.

Long story short @ APEX Japan did their homework n the US didn't

Sum1 also brought up the point of Japan having players that use MK better than Judge, Lee & Anti & Snake better than Ult Razor... I disagree but w/e next time US players gotta do their homework...

I'm certain M2K will beat every1 again cuz its obviously no coincidence that M2K ONLY LOSSES whenever there is Melee present.... Ally can't really beat M2K anymore(I think he's just off his game a lil) and I don't mean to mark off DEHF cuz he STILL WON DA TOURNEY. Let alone the fact that Diddy vs Oli would have been AMAZING!!!

Lil Wayne Stuff
I sent U a DM or posted on ya wall I guess...

it shows im a bad U.S. representative <_<
U lost 2 some1 who studied U like us when we watched power rangers every sat morning...

Its not a bad thing, hell U did amazing!!!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I didn't read through this at all, but I remember Sweet Peas telling me he beats Kakera, and is probably a top player as well.

That would be all.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

Except that this argument is completely different because Lil Wayne is a mediocre rapper and not even near the best in the US, whereas M2K is pretty much considered the best in the states by everyone.

Vega4

Smash Ace
... you are very stupid
That says a lot.

But the "run out time" stuff says more...
I really don't think that you do that to prove that the ruleset should have ten or more minutes for the matches...
You only do that when the other player is over you and you see that there is no other chance.
I apologize, because I didn't wrote it properly (again, I remenbered the match of you aganist Gnes and I was mad...).

What I want to say is that when you are losing a set, or when you see that your normal (by the way, very good) style doesn't work, the usual strategy that you use is the "hit and run" one. That strategy is valid (I don't like it, but the rules make it possible so...), but it's a strategy that only works when the opponent has more damage that you... if he doesn't, then you are in trouble.
That's what happened against Brood.

I think that you should use another strategy in those situations, or, trust more in your usual game (the controlled aggressive one). With your usual game you ***** him in the first game, then, in the second game he adapted and punished your approaches two or three times, after that, you lost confidence in your usual game and you lost, then, you chose the "hit and run" strategy...
I think that if you had trusted in your usual game, and adapted it while you were playing (just like he did), you could beat him.

The fact that you loose doesn't say too much (just like someone already said). It was just a match, and I think that you can beat him next time, being more prepared.

I'd like to see top japanese players with others characters...

Let alone the fact that Diddy vs Oli would have been AMAZING!!!
Yes. I think that it would have been amazing to see ADHD or Gnes aganist that Olimar...

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
What do you think of the european ruleset?

Starters:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville

Counterpicks:
- Halberd
- Delfino
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Frigate Orpheon
- Castle Siege
- Brinstar

We have RC banned, which in the end usually gets most players to ban Brinstar in sets vs MK. MK can then choose Frigate and Delfino. We still do have an 8-minute timer though.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
After reading the comments on faye's wall (facebook) where random people are talking about me and all of the rude, ignorant comments on youtube, along with half the people not really supporting me (even though they support mango when he fights armada, and I'm trying to make USA win instead of Japan) against out of country people

I am no longer going to count myself as USA. I'm not representing you guys anymore.

**** USA

I have a lot more respect for Japan and other countries now bycomparison.
why don't you just rep the good people in America rather than looking at it's darth vader side.

Trott

Smash Rookie
I am no longer going to count myself as USA. I'm not representing you guys anymore.

**** USA

I have a lot more respect for Japan and other countries now by comparison.
Why don't you just represent North America (the continent) as a whole or maybe even just your state?

You could even represent Africa since they are under-represented
lol

Gnes

Smash Master
i do it for Free Wins

you guys can either fix the rules or let me get more free wins

oh and im a lot better than gnes overall, i just have a diddy problem. Did you even watch the game? I got a lead from fighting, then scrooged, LOST the lead from running away so much, was behind a stock, then battled him to get back a 40% lead.
MM please. LGL to 40. Lets go.

One bad tourney and plankers think they got this **** in the bag. U do realize u loss the lead because instead of COMPLETELY running away, u tried to do stupid **** like dash attack me or other stuff.

Honestly, of course ur better than me. Your the best player in our country. Does that mean I wont beat you. Nope. I've beaten mks who know the matchup 10x better than u. Ur just lucky whenever i go to a national i either play ****ty or somehow end up getting ally twice.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
m2k play more melee
everyone loves you in that game
but i understand that you get way more cash in brawl

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
M2K, if you're the best at anything in life, you're bound to get haters. It's natural. Just ignore them. It's a high compliment when you get haters--you're obviously important enough in their eyes for them to exert energy towards.

Don't let the actions of only a relatively small percentage of people affect your perception of the nation as a whole. There's plenty of people who both respect and admire your talent.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Can't argue with those reasons. I guess the only person a smasher really needs to represent is his/herself anyway.
wasnt there a thread a while back where ally asked people to stop overhyping him or something?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey Mew2King, I will admit that I did cheer for Brood against you, but that was solely because of character bias :p I just really wanted to see that an Olimar could do so well - it's gives me hope. However, in my mind it had nothing to do with America v. Japan or whatever, and if it ever did come down to something like that I'd be behind you all the way.

I think a lot of people are just jealous of what you've rightfully attained and wanted to see you taken down a notch (even though you earned it? whatever).

B_AWAL

Smash Master
m2k play more melee
everyone loves you in that game
but i understand that you get way more cash in brawl
YES FINALLY SUM1 I CAN TALK ABOUT BLEACH W/!!! OMFG ITZ BEEN GETTING EPIC!!! & AIZEN SHUD B BANNED

Don't worry dude...

their R people who are tired of seeing U on top so they hate.... I've learn that there R 2 words 4 pple like this... "F@CK EM"

The main reason pple were happy that ALLY beat U was because U win EVERYTHING. It aint like Melee where U only always win teams(Idk HOW U n JMAN lost but w/e) Itz NOT ur fault, thats just the case plain and simple. U dedicate the time and effort into the game and as a result you win. Other people use excuses like "O I have a LIFE" and etc but @ da end of the say ur the one that wins because u get what U put into the game.

It also sucks that ur the best because U can't say what U want to say which is understandable. Just understand that because you are the BEST people want to dethrone U even if it means getting someone from out o the country to come beat U(N U only lost cuz they study vids of U and not vice versa)

Top Bottom