• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Linguini

Smash Master
word, chopped this up in like 10 mins lol....but i don't really agree that messing around with the bass on that track is a good idea, for some reason chrono trigger ost already has sick basslines, for this mellow of a track it sounds better raw

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm diggin that Chrono trigger beat. Maybe cause I havent played the game I can appreciate it more.

But it sounds good to me.

Wasnt really feeling the DBZ one as much. But you are doing good with the beats keep it up....

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
this forum is going down the drain.

anyways.

I dunno, hip hop has really been boring me lately. I always go thru phases like this. Usually I'm either way into hip hop or way into metal. Right now it's metal.

At work today the dishwasher brought in the original Chronic. I actually never listened to the whole thing on my own. I've always been a bigger fan of Chronic 2001, and I still prefer that one, but man does the original have some fire *** beats.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If you guys have never seen an episode of Deadend Hiphop or have never heard of it, I recommend giving them a look. They review albums and talk about some of the issues in hiphop amongst themselves (V-Nasty saying n****, Oldschool vs Newschool hiphop) and touch on some pretty good topics.

Anyways, Here's a link to one of their episodes. They have new episodes pretty regularly, so I'm subscribed. They definitely just put me on to Murs, who I had no idea existed till a few days ago.

Incase you haven't heard any Murs before.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
So Take Care got 85 on Metacritic, dayum. Best rated album on Young Money since Carter II and III maybe? lmao Yeah album is great after a few listens, just drop that song Practice whyyyy is it on therrrreeee....??

Also notice how none of the other members in Young Money are featured on any of Wayne's, Drake's **** or how he gets a sophomore album before many of them even get a debut lmaooo. YMCB meetings must be awkward as ****.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Damn I'm glad someone noticed that **** about YM.

Who is Lil Twist? Who is Lil Chuckee? Who is Cory Gunz (I mean we all know this ***** is nasty af, but can he actually make songs?)....that label is basically Wayne, Drake, and Nicki~

Take care is a great album. You guys should listen to camp. This Veggies/Tyler joint is raw as ****.

ALSO MY NEW TRACK DROPPED TODAY !!!!
Please spread it, like it, comment on it, subscribe, tell a friend
IDC WHAT YOU DO JUST DO SOMETHING =]
<3 you guys (no homo though)

"Mk's Banned"~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY363kqc5uQ

soap

Smash Hero
I laughted first time I read the title, but I like the track. The beat is really feel-good. The haters prolly didn't even listen to it. The same ones that didn't listen to I'm Gay, and now think this ***** got aids for real.

Jane

Smash Hero
^lol hell yeah dark magician. cant believe i remembered.

hey sinji how fluent are you in jamaican creole? is it something that is spoken at home and with friends, and english usually a school only thing or what?

the reason i ask is because we were talking specifically about jamaican creole today in my linguistics class and it just got me curious.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
We speak Creole at home and with are friends, But in college we speak fluent English to be respectable.

Especially how people from all over the world attend universities in Jamaica.

soap

Smash Hero
speaking of Jamaica, I went back and have been listening to Damian's Halfway Tree. I love the vibe. His best album imo.

Good reggae puts me at ease.

Top Bottom