• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Linguini

Smash Master
Been working on a chrono trigger/dbz beat project the past few days, **** is sounding pretty dope so far.

I also gave shiz one of my beats to rap over lol

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Goddddd damnnnnn that Hard White Remix is so ****ing nasty ! Jesusssss

Looking like

1. Section 80
2. Charity Starts At Home
3. The Wonder Years
4. Sideline Story / Returnof4eva
5. Take Care (This spot is Drake's, **** you guys)
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll naw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lasers is number one!!!!

J/k.

Ambition >>>>> Sideline Story

1. Nostalgia, Ultra
2. Section .80
3. R4
4. Ambition
5. I'm Gay

I wouldn't say there was a 5th best project from this year imo there isn't anything else that really stood out, but Lil B went in and anybody who disagrees should go listen to him. He is unique he raps how he wants, he knows how to rap, he decides to break barriers and make outlandish comments is why I love him. But, on I'm Gay he is all business and the beats are too nasty Jus' sayin'. Watch the Throne was a disappointment. Hell the Sequel has the ****ing Bruno Mars song. And Lasers was toooo poppy. Lil Wayne is just bad. And I'm not even that big on the 11.1.11 Theory just because I was trying to stay away from getting hyped for Ambition. I liked the MMG stuff, I just thought it was annoying hearing Ross on EVERY SINGLE HOOK!!!! I think the only hook he didn't do was That Way, but even then he kinda ruins it by rapping. Sideline Story wasn't very good, it was better that Friday Night Lights garbage piece of **** mixtape.

Bad Meets Evil > MMG > Lasers > WTT > Sideline Story > C4

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm wondering if Linguini has any beats that're my style.

On some mellow, jazzy, I'm not as ****ing hip-hop as I think I am type ****.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Linguini, you can hook me up with a beat?

And are we ever gonna do that Hip-Hop thread collabo track?

soap

Smash Hero
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll naw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lasers is number one!!!!

J/k.

1. Nostalgia, Ultra
2. Section .80
3. R4
4. Ambition
5. I'm Gay

I wouldn't say there was a 5th best project from this year imo there isn't anything else that really stood out, but Lil B went in and anybody who disagrees should go listen to him. He is unique he raps how he wants, he knows how to rap, he decides to break barriers and make outlandish comments is why I love him. But, on I'm Gay he is all business and the beats are too nasty Jus' sayin'. Watch the Throne was a disappointment. Hell the Sequel has the ****ing Bruno Mars song. And Lasers was toooo poppy. Lil Wayne is just bad. And I'm not even that big on the 11.1.11 Theory just because I was trying to stay away from getting hyped for Ambition. I liked the MMG stuff, I just thought it was annoying hearing Ross on EVERY SINGLE HOOK!!!! I think the only hook he didn't do was That Way, but even then he kinda ruins it by rapping. Sideline Story wasn't very good, it was better that Friday Night Lights garbage piece of **** mixtape.

I agree with your top 2. Definitely my favorite projects I've been listening to. I don't even know what R4 is tho. Ambition seems hella average, I'd definitely put Sideline Story over that. I like B's album.

I'll do my list before new years.

Blu's Jesus album kinda hooked me also recently.

I hope I can rank Nas album #1. Meaning that it'll be super dope, and come out this year.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I agree with your top 2. Definitely my favorite projects I've been listening to. I don't even know what R4 is tho. Ambition seems hella average, I'd definitely put Sideline Story over that. I like B's album.

I'll do my list before new years.

Blu's Jesus album kinda hooked me also recently.

I hope I can rank Nas album #1. Meaning that it'll be super dope, and come out this year.
Yea, Nostalgia, Ultra has been getting spins at least 10 times a day since I downloaded it. Like no joke.

R4 is Returnof4eva.

I don't like Sideline Story tbh, I really like Ambition though. I also just prefer Wale over J. Cole any day of the week. It's crazy cause everytime I bring up Wale people say he sucks and that Cole is better. Nobody understands all the **** Wale says but they can get all of Cole's punchlines. It's ridiculous.

And I'm waiting for the Nas and Common albums to drop!!!

Linguini

Smash Master
Working on a dbz track right now, should be done by later tonight...i'll upload it to soundcloud when i finish so you guys can give it a listen

MBlaze

Smash Champion

Lasers is number one!!!!

J/k.

1. Nostalgia, Ultra
2. Section .80
3. R4
4. Ambition
5. I'm Gay

WTT, Ambition, I'm Gay and Lasers > Sideline Story.. really?

No Saigon, Phonte, Kweli..?

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Got damn, I totally forgot about Saigon's album!

But naw, I haven't heard Phonte or Kweli's album yet.

And yea, I didn't really like Sideline Story aside from a few songs.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Got damn, I totally forgot about Saigon's album!

But naw, I haven't heard Phonte or Kweli's album yet.

And yea, I didn't really like Sideline Story aside from a few songs.
9th's album too. But you gotta admit Sideline Story outdoes lasers come on... lol Lasers was as bad as it gets next to C4.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Alright so

Childish Gambino is ****ing nasty.

Camp is top 5....go and listen to that ****
NOW !

Like I new this ***** was ill but....GOT DAYUM

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Only people that really hate it are the lupe stans...only people that should have a reason to hate it I mean. I dont understand how people can like someone like drake/his albums but rag on Lasers...unless its about what's being rapped about?

Jane

Smash Hero
i really should listen to lasers also. i completely ignored it due to everyone saying it was *** lmao

edit -

"But what they don’t understand is this is all plan
It’s a bigger picture and you can’t photoshop me out
Some ***** ask me why Jay never shout me out
Like I’m supposed to give a ****
Don’t you know that I be out in France where the fans throw they hands like Pacquiao
Not cause my looks, cause my hooks could knock Rocky out"

thought that was very nice.

and now for a line that gave me a good laugh when i first payed attention to it

"they would swear i had a curfew the way i'm going in"

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I listened to Take Care the first time and I thought the **** sucked. I listened to it again right after that and a poptart with some milk and didn't respond to **** with a very analytical point of view and it's pretty good. Only songs I don't like is ironically Take Care lol and practice. Both of those should have really just been scrapped... I understand it's for the club but ehh still sucks. Make Me Proud... radio lol.

We'll be find also seems like a filler kinda but isn't as bad as those two.

I'm still waiting on the complete leak with The Ride included.

Also I'm not as big a Lupe stan as I am Nas and I can still say that album ****ing sucked. It's just mainly how can you say it's good after:

- Till I get there (most of it)
- I Don't wanna care right now
- State Run Radio
- Break the chain

And that's being overly generous.

soap

Smash Hero
I listened to Take Care the first time and I thought the **** sucked. I listened to it again right after that and a poptart with some milk and didn't respond to **** with a very analytical point of view and it's pretty good. Only songs I don't like is ironically Take Care lol and practice. Both of those should have really just been scrapped... I understand it's for the club but ehh still sucks. Make Me Proud... radio lol.

We'll be find also seems like a filler kinda but isn't as bad as those two.

I'm still waiting on the complete leak with The Ride included.

Also I'm not as big a Lupe stan as I am Nas and I can still say that album ****ing sucked. It's just mainly how can you say it's good after:

- State Run Radio
- Break the chain

hmm, I kinda like Till I get there. The other u listed are pretty horrible tho. I made my own lasers playlist with those taken out; swapped in I'm beaming and His Airplanes verses :)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
i really should listen to lasers also. i completely ignored it due to everyone saying it was *** lmao

Yeah, go check it out. I did the same thing and now I'm kicking myself.

- State Run Radio
- Break the chain

Yeah...I'm gonna have to just agree to disagree. All of those songs are great to me.

I hear a lot of people saying that they hate "I don't wanna care right now". I personally don't understand why Lupe fans want him doing the same **** over and over. He does a light-hearted party type song ONE time and people are up in arms.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
My only complaint is the auto tune and sped up version of Beautiful Lasers, I liked the acoustic version better. Just imo.

And I hated how they switched out Lupe's voice for that other guy on the hook on State Run Radio.

Not a bad album at all, it's just a more pop friendly album is all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My only complaint is the auto tune and sped up version of Beautiful Lasers, I liked the acoustic version better. Just imo.

And I hated how they switched out Lupe's voice for that other guy on the hook on State Run Radio.

Not a bad album at all, it's just a more pop friendly album is all.
Nothing wrong with that, either. I understand someone not liking the album, but outright calling it bad? C'mon son...

I personally didn't like OB4CL2, but I wouldn't call it bad. There's nothing bad about it...I just didn't like it.

There's even a lot of old Lupe stuff on there...only thing is now there's also radio Lupe mixed in.

Linguini

Smash Master
cole world is extremely dope, I was pleasantly surprised. the fact that he produced the majority of the tracks at that level is already ridiculous, not to mention the rapping.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I just heard Drake's album. I didn't really like it, but I'm not much of a Drake fan. But I'm probably the only person from Toronto who will say that. My favorite track is easily The Motto, but only because the beat is so dope.

Top Bottom