• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well guess I got proven wrong and Take Care gets to #4 on my top 5 albums this year, The Ride is my favorite track as expected lol.

I should probably listen to this Childish Gambino release.. been hearing the name in a lot of places.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Please listen to Camp.
There's a reason it jumped into my top 5 albums this year, as well as Take Care~

Childish Gambino is a ****ing problem "My **** is like an accent mark it's all about the over E's"
=]

soap

Smash Hero
last couple tracks were quality.

I've heard a few Gambino tracks, really wasn't feeling his voice. Is the album as annoying sounding?

clowsui

Smash Legend
last couple tracks were quality.

I've heard a few Gambino tracks, really wasn't feeling his voice. Is the album as annoying sounding?
depends on which tracks you heard

if it's anything from sick boi/poindexter he was blatantly trying to copy weezy's voice, now it sounds a lot more natural but it still might be annoying ha

Jane

Smash Hero
^hahahah i ****ing love that video. what was it called again? i need to rewatch it.

i'm about to listen to take care. here goes nothin :3

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
^hahahah i ****ing love that video. what was it called again? i need to rewatch it.

i'm about to listen to take care. here goes nothin :3
Just type "Supa Hot Fire" into youtube. I think that's the first rap battle he does.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm like a bigass swag bear LOL.

Shouts to my ***** Jane on his Shad ****. My favorite Canadian rapper =]

That battle Drake hosted on KOTD? DNA made that ***** Dizaster look like such a *****, it was pitiful. Love DNA and the S.O.N.S crew (cept cortez that *****s wack).

soap

Smash Hero
New song, check it out... show some love......or hate...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMP4ENpPESs
your rhyme schemes are always kinda straightforward, but your energy makes it work.

pretty solid. except:

"Y'all playing games like Nintendo. Don't ever step on my big toe."

U always have a couple corny bars but no biggie. It's also just mad ironic cuz u play nintendo... I see u rollin thru c-bus takin home those brawl paychecks.

Wasn't really feelin the hook either. I'm just mad sick of hearing head rhymed with bread.

I like that one bar "I'm a Prodigy, ya mobb deep."

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Was just randomly looking at ratings for stuff this year, Section.80 reviews disgusted me. 8.1 only :\ User ratings disgusted me more, 7.5..... Metacritic.. suuuuuuuuuuuucks lol

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Before it was 86, now it's 81 on Metacritic and user score.... So what they're saying is that Take Care = Section.80 and keep in mind Metacritic is an overall consensus of all professional reviews.

That is not okay.

Also finally listening to Afraid of Heights Mixtape by Omen, it's actually pretty good o.o But idk I wish he was more interesting to listen to even though the skill is definitely there. Kendrick Lamar on Look of Lust dayum... no wonder this dude is my new favorite rapper. I don't think he'll be letting me down lol.

Top Bottom