• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Putting him on Wale tier is kind of insulting. Put him either below it, cuz Wale has a more consistent flow, or put him above, cuz Wale is generic as hell. Wale to me is just really generic music that I don't feel at all.
I dont really understand this, you said putting him on Wale tier is insulting but then gave me an option to put him below it.

I agree with Wale being generic in general, not music cause he has 2 songs I like lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Take care was boring as **** to me.. sorry..

As for Wale being generic, yeah he is now. Back in 06-07 when he was only getting play on PG/DC radios and **** he was a gogo conscious rapper which was weird as ****.

But now.. meh. **** that *****.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I know a lot of *****s at my school that meatride the **** outta Wale.

He's not that good to me. Really, he isn't.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I liked Ambition.

Take Care was garbage. On the real, for the people that actually liked that wack ****, why??

That **** was the most boring, somber, and repetitive album I've listened to in a while. It can put insomniacs to sleep. He gets out performed by damn near every feature on the album. Complaining and then bragging about fame track after track got old. This album is about as emo a man can get. He wrote this album from the inside of a vagina, I swear. Every track got dipped in flowers and perfume before added to the album. It seems like he gets ***** whipped by every chick that looks at him and feels the need to write a song for them.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
From the inside of a vagina tho? That seems a bit harsh, lmfao

Ambition wasn't bad, but it wasn't made with the same intent in mind as More About Nothing. The whole album needed to sound like Legendary, imo.

Jane

Smash Hero
just started listening to the wonder years, and i'm already in love with the very first beat! i swear i'm gonna start rapping not even because i want to be a rapper, but because i feel i need to contribute something to these beautiful instrumentals.

9th wonder - make it big (instrumental)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t_5JqW2vV8

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Wale- After first album stopped listening to him, actually about to delete the More about nothing mixtape off my library. Not listening to Ambition album neither.

Take Care- Shot for Me, Crew Love, Marvins Room/Buried Alive, Underground Kings, Lord Knows, Cameras, HYFR, Look What You've Done, The Ride. Scrap the rest of the album imo lmao. But nah it's okay.

I might listen to Childish Gambino's Camp album, depends on my mood.

Definitely downloading some Lupe on Thanksgiving, need that lol.

9th Wonder beats >>>>>>>>>>>>> all other producers this year.

New Kendrick Lamar stan = me

I feel asleep listening to House of Balloons by The Weeknd, but I was tired anyway so it didn't get a fair try so I'm going to listen again soon.
And uhh that's about it.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Damn "The Wonder Years" is on some next level type ****. The heart and soul put into these instrumentals is...unparalleled.

Running through Camp for the like the 10th time and it's even better than the first 9 times~

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Wale- After first album stopped listening to him, actually about to delete the More about nothing mixtape off my library. Not listening to Ambition album neither.

Take Care- Shot for Me, Crew Love, Marvins Room/Buried Alive, Underground Kings, Lord Knows, Cameras, HYFR, Look What You've Done, The Ride. Scrap the rest of the album imo lmao. But nah it's okay.
Ambition's not that bad. Just give Legendary and That Way a try. If you don't like either, scrap the album.

Marvin's Room is some ho ****. If you think it's cool to call a girl up and ****-talk her dude just because you don't have enough game to pull her, you a ho. That being said, the vibe isn't too bad on the track.

Cameras and HYFR were garbage. Shot for Me was meh. Depends on my mood. Agreed with everything else.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Blu3 chill, you can't slander a track like Cameras when it samples the mother****ing RnB legend that is Jon B.

Take Care was smooth and was better than Thank Me Later, easy. I liked it. Thought it was a better album than Cole World.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Blu3 chill, you can't slander a track like Cameras when it samples the mother****ing RnB legend that is Jon B.

Take Care was smooth and was better than Thank Me Later, easy. I liked it. Thought it was a better album than Cole World.
Agreed but as far as saying better than Cole World is debatable with me.. sad to say. Idk I have really mixed feelings on Take Care even though it's a good album.

I'm actually now hyped for Lupe's mixtape on Thanksgiving. I need something good to listen to without playing out my favorite albums lol.

I also gave House of Balloons by The Weeknd another listen and I like it but I think I'd like it better if I were high listening to it lol. Dude is very talented.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Has anybody here heard of Sheek Louch? And if so, opinions?

Just ran across a really dope instrumental by him... don't know where to actually start though. Thanks.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
For some reason my phone won't play ybms video so ill watch his when I get home. Neos was dope but I hate repetitive beats like that...may not be the word to describe it but idk. It kinda sounds like something swizz beatz did also

:phone:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Has anybody here heard of Sheek Louch? And if so, opinions?

Just ran across a really dope instrumental by him... don't know where to actually start though. Thanks.
Nah, never heard of him b, who is he?

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84

Well looks like I'm downloading some Gang Star soon. As well as starting on Wu Tang and Method Man. =]

Which is Gang Star's best album btw?
If you really like that song you will probably like the Moment of Truth album best.

The fact is though all of their albums have some appeal (except for maybe the first imo). They have a much, much more old school vibe to it though.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
If you really like that song you will probably like the Moment of Truth album best.

The fact is though all of their albums have some appeal (except for maybe the first imo). They have a much, much more old school vibe to it though.
I'ma download that one first then, thanks x]

soap

Smash Hero
likin the new common releases

album might be good

smh at people spazzin out over the album cover tho. I think it looks kinda cool.

soap

Smash Hero
We OG's, no G's with old genes
Hoes thinkin' that I need a *****
"Ey Blu you callin' me *****?"
See that's when I leave a *****
Cuz to become a *****, you either come a *****, Or leave a *****
but I been OG'in this since Adam called Eve a *****
And not to be conceited but, by the way, we the ****

just felt like appreciating some lyricism

Top Bottom