• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
idk i thought it was decent

but im also a lupe stan so whatever. Joaquin Phoenix was pretty sick

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
It was on slr. I was expecting a bunch of ish I hadnt heard yet, instead 2 tracks were old and the rest (save Lightwork) were appealing to dubstep fans/not my taste.ta

and I WAS a lupe stan.

Niko45

Smash Master
This ***** drake so soft he got bit by a radioactive butterfly.

It was cute how they had somebody write him a bunch of punchlines on his early mixtapes which he barely managed to actually deliver on beat without ****ing up to give him some hype but like I was saying from the get go they should have made him a RnB hook role player cause that's all he's really good for. Now look what they've unleashed on the world this dude actually has TWO major albums under his belt and I can't escape him on the radio because I guess he's got god like cross over appeal or something. It isn't funny anymore, this nightmare needs to end. Someone please wake me up.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

It was cute how they had somebody write him a bunch of punchlines on his early mixtapes which he barely managed to actually deliver on beat without ****ing up to give him some hype but like I was saying from the get go they should have made him a RnB hook role player cause that's all he's really good for. Now look what they've unleashed on the world this dude actually has TWO major albums under his belt and I can't escape him on the radio because I guess he's got god like cross over appeal or something. It isn't funny anymore, this nightmare needs to end. Someone please wake me up.
Ha I love this post

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
That song is sex.
Stop saying this dumb ****.

Nicca, where you been at? I've been wanting to bash Jay but you haven't been around :urg:. At least somebody agrees with my initial reaction to the album.
finally watched CB4 tonite. Classic. Charlie Murphy goes in.
Aw helll yeah.. Drink the Sweat from my Ballz <-----Classic.

rhan

Smash Hero
I know you had that song hat made you wanna bust a nut before.

Like.

Sex in the Kitchen - R. Kelly.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
It mean I don't want you to, rather it means I want you to **** off. :) Ol pessimistic *** n****
Not pessimistic. Just bluntly honest, muh ****a :awesome:. I see no point in beating around the bush. If I think your favorite rapper is wack, I'mma say so. Not tryna rile anybody up. If you catch feelings, that's on you.

:phone:

$mike

Smash Ace
@ drake/take care hate

blu:

i don't think you can really discredit take care for being an emotional album. i mean, i don't even understand what you're trying to say by calling it "emo" considering every piece of art and music comes from emotion. i guess there's a cliché standard of emotion in hip hop, and topics drake speaks about on this album just don't match. it's different, and wouldn't be described as "hard" but that doesn't make any worse of an album. i credit drake for doing something different because that's what all art is ultimately about...

and i completely disagree about your comment on how every guest who appears on the album out performs him. nicki's verse on make me proud is awful. lil wayne's are just decent, and the same goes for rick ross. the only guest verse that touches drake imo is dre's

niko:

whattup. anyway, drake's early stuff is pretty bad imo, but regardless of who wrote his **** in the past, he has the writing credits for his solo albums.. and as for his guest rnb hooks or w/e, those are the lows of his career imo, but i don't consider all that when i judge his own work because at the end of the day, drake has celebrity in pop music, but it doesn't make him any worse of an artist, or a rapper. i mean, i wouldn't really consider him a true "rapper" or mc - i just don't feel like he's truly "spitting" in his solo work. i think of him as a hip hop artist.

Top Bottom