• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Linguini

Smash Master
thanks for the compliments doods...if anyone ever wants to spit over one of my beats they are more than welcome to.

made this beat in like 20 minutes including the drums from scratch lol

http://soundcloud.com/nova1/lonely

edit: changed the volume of the drums and re-uploaded...still gonna add a lot of **** to this but you can get the general vibe of it

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ladies love me, I got my OJ.

Also, **** the Grammys. How MBTDF didn't get a nomination for Album of the Year is ridiculous. He can throw his ***** fit now. It's completely justified.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Ladies love me, I got my OJ.

Also, **** the Grammys. How MBTDF didn't get a nomination for Album of the Year is ridiculous. He can throw his ***** fit now. It's completely justified.
Pretty much this..

Looking at all of these nominations it's all pop... the hip hop section is just atrocious...

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Is there room on the Kendrik Lamar bandwagon for me? I'm kinda upset that I only became interested in him recently through "Buried Alive" ..I need to broaden my horizons a bit.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Radioactive is a pretty good album. I feel like Yelawolf really stepped it up for this one. I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Anyone else listened through it yet?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Couldn't agree more. This is ****ing ********, the grammys are a piece of useless **** and it really doesn't ****ing mean anything; anybody who knows anything about music knows MBDTF is superior to, say, anything Bruno Mars has ever done. In summary, **** the grammys and their catering to pop tunes. They've blown an opportunity to recognize one of the best hip hop albums in recent memory and one of the best produced of all time.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lmfao, chilllll...

MBDTF was good, great to some people...but completely left field. Not everyone was feelin it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Couldn't agree more. This is ****ing ********, the grammys are a piece of useless **** and it really doesn't ****ing mean anything; anybody who knows anything about music knows MBDTF is superior to, say, anything Bruno Mars has ever done. In summary, **** the grammys and their catering to pop tunes. They've blown an opportunity to recognize one of the best hip hop albums in recent memory and one of the best produced of all time.
KrazyGlue, meet the Grammys. The Grammys, meet KrazyGlue.

It's just a circle jerk and while I admire that Kanye is always calling them out on that, it's a pretty petty thing to bother yourself with really.

but yeah, uh, at the time it came out, MBDTF set both the hip hop world and the general music world on fire. I've never seen a rap album as hyped and critically lauded as that one at the time of its release

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Seems like everything is just praising pop now. :\ From critics to award shows. I remember a time when **** used to be legit. :] Then again life in general was cooler back then lol.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
KrazyGlue, meet the Grammys. The Grammys, meet KrazyGlue.

It's just a circle jerk and while I admire that Kanye is always calling them out on that, it's a pretty petty thing to bother yourself with really.

but yeah, uh, at the time it came out, MBDTF set both the hip hop world and the general music world on fire. I've never seen a rap album as hyped and critically lauded as that one at the time of its release
Yeah, the Grammys have had this problem for a while now, but I was still a bit taken aback since they've at least been pretty fair to Kanye in his career thus far. College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation all won best rap album and were all nominated for album of the year, so it seems odd that MBDTF would be where they end that trend (ignoring 808s, which was quite uncharacteristic of him and didn't deserve that nomination, though it would fit quite nicely with the current nominees).

soap

Smash Hero
section 80 is dope and all, but I personally bump Overly Dedicated more

been checkin out the back-log of mixtapes.. the boy does not slouch on a verse. OD is the best one tho.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
section 80 is dope and all, but I personally bump Overly Dedicated more

been checkin out the back-log of mixtapes.. the boy does not slouch on a verse. OD is the best one tho.
First person I hear to say that lol interesting though. Can't wait for the studio album.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Seems like everything is just praising pop now. :\ From critics to award shows.
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Otherwise, the kitten whisperer would have won an award by now. Would a nomination really have made ya'll feel better? I don't see anybody winning an award this year since Wayne dropped that smorgasbord of wack ****, Carter 4. What's the point in watching award shows anyway? They're wrong most of the time, from a critical standpoint, anyway. I rather me and five of my *****s acknowledge an album as a classic than hope that the world votes it as one.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Most people that regularly listen to hiphop can agree on which albums are really good and which are mediocre, personal preference aside. In the grand scheme of things, award shows and critics are usually too tied up in politics n whatnot to actually rate an album objectively.

Top Bottom