• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
completely not hip hop (i don't know WHAT to call this) but i'm starting a solo project thing...this is the first song i started.

http://tindeck.com/listen/bzuh

yeah shut up. i think i'm physically incapable of making a generic song. Whenever I start getting into a simple 4/4 groove I feel the urge to throw something crazy in to mix it up. oh well. i'm sorta going for a **** everything DIY electro punk thing and not trying to please anyone but myself with this, but at least it's not generic. The guitar in this is midi. i'm going to record me with real guitar though and it will sound much better. I just started this today and there's still a bit to go. Sorry for the horrible volume/mixing/weirdness but since we're already teetering off topic i might as well.

soap

Smash Hero
completely not hip hop (i don't know WHAT to call this) but i'm starting a solo project thing...this is the first song i started.

yeah shut up. i think i'm physically incapable of making a generic song. Whenever I start getting into a simple 4/4 groove I feel the urge to throw something crazy in to mix it up. oh well. i'm sorta going for a **** everything DIY electro punk thing and not trying to please anyone but myself with this, but at least it's not generic. The guitar in this is midi. i'm going to record me with real guitar though and it will sound much better. I just started this today and there's still a bit to go. Sorry for the horrible volume/mixing/weirdness but since we're already teetering off topic i might as well.
I really like the first minute and a half, then it gets kinda weird videogame sounding, might have been the midi like u said. I also lean more towards sparse voice samples, almost like subliminal messages. Instead of longer conversations that I kinda just tune out and lose interest in.

Aand

"Bow Wow seriously stepped up his bars."
http://exclaim.ca/News/exile_confir...veals_no_id_talib_kweli_bow_wow_collaboration

Jane

Smash Hero

i really really enjoyed that. like, yeah, i dont know wtf to call it either other than electronic, but yeah definitely continue to make more tracks and post them up here.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
F8AL lol

He doesn't ****ride YOU Rhan. He infracts everybody for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG.

Believe me I've gotten more infractions from the dude.

rhan

Smash Hero
I've gotten 2/3 2 point infractions from him. lol On stupid ****. I would show you guys what I posted and what he got me for but he deleted the posts. lol and then banned me from the light house.

I'm still sitting on 5 points and a permanent point. so yeah.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like one of those mods that take their job way to seriously and get some kind of ego boost. Like they are a manager or something, calm down you moderate an internet site...

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yeah but to be fair rhan can be a pretty horrible poster lol

just kidding.

well not really

anyways, enough of the hate circlejerk. take it to forum support, maybe that way something could conceivably be done about your ills.

Savon

Smash Ace
I know I do not post a lot and mostly lurk but i will say this much.

1. **** Tha Carter IV. You can tell if an album really lives up to the hype if you see who is still listening to it a few months later. Nobody I know listens to Tha Carter IV besides the hardcore Wayne heads who will love everything he releases no matter what. I'm looking at you Rebirth fans. People are still listening to and talking about Watch the Throne. Certain aspects of the album upset me, but it was still good.

2. I am not a Drake fan, but my roommate got Drakes most recent CD so I hear it anyways. Marvins Room is the B.A.N. anthem. Whatever song he made that was just a singing version of "Back That *** Up" can fall into a pit of flaming AIDS. TBH most of his songs sound the same, although a few tracks were hot. I do not know any of the songs by name but whatever song featured Rick Ross was pretty good. I did not like Rick Ross's verse but I know he was in the song

3. Smoking is the best thing to ever happen to my life. It made me convinced that Aquemini and Sir Lucious Leftfoot are two of the greatest CDs I have ever heard.

4. Why do people like Rick Ross? I just don't really see what the appeal. I am not saying he is whack or anything, but what is he good at exactly besides having a chick say Maybach Music and doing that fatass asthmatic fat guy breath catch?

5. Why is Hopsin so angry?

soap

Smash Hero
I been gettin into those weed rappers too..

Currensy, Devin The Dude, ASap

Wiz still sounds garbage to me no matter how high I am

Savon

Smash Ace
Most ignorant? Nah. I dislike certain rappers just like everybody else. Care to clarify?

Also what does everybody think of the current songs from The new Nas CD coming out soon

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Idk why, but a lot of old heads in the DMV listen to Devin (my dad does actually), he's a very weird rapper.. I remember he had a track where he was impersonating a old country white dude. lol It's been like a decade since I heard that **** I should find it.

$mike

Smash Ace
someone having a different opinion than you doesn't make them ignorant, FYI.
i agree.

however, what i found to be ignorant was calling "practice" by drake a "singing version of 'Back that *** Up'." and saying that rick ross isn't good at anything "besides having a chick say Maybach Music and doing that fatass asthmatic fat guy breath catch."

EDIT:
i mean, i don't even like rick ross very much at all, so i'm not just trying to defend something for the sake that i like it.

and the drake thing is clearly just an incorrect label, not an opinion.

soap

Smash Hero
Idk why, but a lot of old heads in the DMV listen to Devin (my dad does actually), he's a very weird rapper.. I remember he had a track where he was impersonating a old country white dude. lol It's been like a decade since I heard that **** I should find it.
he's been around a long while from what I read up, but he does have an old head vibe to him.

He strays into that depressed weed zone alot. like the life **** you be thinkin about coming back down.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've been listening to Devin FOREVER. Like, I don't think there was ever time where I didn't know who he was. He's def been around for awhile.

soap

Smash Hero
I never realized he was on Chronic 2001. Well I didn't know who he was back then. Goin back and listening, he kills that track. Snoop verse is just golden hilarity tho.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Savon's posts made me laugh in a good way lmaooooo. Yeah only think I like about Rick Ross is the beat selections and the ***** that says maybach music.

Wiz is my favorite weed rapper for right now... but I gotta be high lol

rhan

Smash Hero
yeah but to be fair rhan can be a pretty horrible poster lol

just kidding.

well not really

anyways, enough of the hate circlejerk. take it to forum support, maybe that way something could conceivably be done about your ills.
How am I a horrible poster? :p

I just do some friendly **** talk from time to time. Cuz you kow everyone is bored if they're on this site. lololol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
anyways Sav, I love Rick Ross but I dunno why. I like how he basically had the best feature verse on MBDTF.
I would say that spot belongs to Jay....

Sav, Ross' "beats be bangin". He seems to be the only rapper that has actually gotten better lyrically over the course of time. I mean, he still says his dumb, simple **** but he actually tries to rap, which is rare for any mainstream artists.

Top Bottom