• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I would give best MBDTF guest verse to Pusha, then Nicki
Pusha's verse wasn't better than Hov's. Dope verse, no doubt. But, C'mon son.

"Dark Knight feeling,
Die, You'll be a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
I went from the favorite to the most hated
But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I didnt even know you guys liked his verse on that. I thought Jay went in hard on that song too...

Linguini

Smash Master
Yo i dunno why people hate on NO YORK. i browsed it a couple months back and dismissed most of it as well. Actually sat down with a fat joint and listened to the whole thing from beginning to end last night.

that album is wayyy ahead of it's time regardless of whether you were feeling the electo/experimental vibe. the production is absolutely dope.

def one of my favorite albums of 2011

soap

Smash Hero
I listened to NO York earlier this week too

Really diggin the second half, like My Sunshine till the end

Keepushinn..smooth

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I would say that spot belongs to Jay....

Sav, Ross' "beats be bangin". He seems to be the only rapper that has actually gotten better lyrically over the course of time. I mean, he still says his dumb, simple **** but he actually tries to rap, which is rare for any mainstream artists.
I think Jay is consistently the weakest part on MBDTF (and Ye tracks in general). Neither verse he did wows me, and if you're talking about Monster then even Nicki Minaj goes in harder than he does. If you're talking about So Appalled I think that Cyhi Da Prince kills him on the same track.

Jane

Smash Hero
while we're back on your little song thing, LT, i think it would make a great hip hop beat, granted that the rapper really ***** it. i think it could sound really good behind some rap.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
In comparison to the verses that Jay, Kanye, and even Pusha T spit on that track, it doesn't even come close. I personally think his verse doesn't even belong on the track.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I think Jay is consistently the weakest part on MBDTF (and Ye tracks in general). Neither verse he did wows me, and if you're talking about Monster then even Nicki Minaj goes in harder than he does. If you're talking about So Appalled I think that Cyhi Da Prince kills him on the same track.
Nah, not talking about Monster. Outside of that one little shot he took at Beanie Sigel, that verse is whatever. And Nicki really didn't say anything that wow'd me on her verse.

Why are people neglecting CyHi's verse on MBDTF like it wasn't greatness?
Everyone on that track killed it. Everyone was pretty much just talking **** but it's a different kinda feel to it when I know what you're saying is definitely true.

"And Hammer went broke, so you know I'm more focused.
I lost 30 mil so I spent another 30
Cuz unlike Hammer, 30 Million can't hurt me."

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yeah but come on doe, taking shots at MC HAMMER? that's so....I don't even know what to say to that. it's so unnecessary, out of date and generally irrelevant lol. It's an alright line I guess but definitely not something that makes me go "OH ****TTTT JAY JUST KILLED THISSSS HE JUST ETHERED HAMMER OMFG"

Nicki's Monster verse isn't much lyrically, but I think it's one of the most memorable verses on the album and I dunno I just like that ridiculous cartoon delivery, especially on that track. It's a perfect fit.

My So Appalled tier list

SWIZZ BEATS>>>>>>>>>>Kanye>CyHi>RZA's four bars>Pusha>Jay

also, for the first couple weeks after this track came out I totally thought Kanye wasn't on it at all. It took me a bunch of listens to realize he's on the first verse but his voice is slightly pitched up.

@Jane: I don't think the first half of the song would be a good fit for most hip-hop because it's in 7/8 and the beat is all syncopated to hell. but you might be onto something with the second half. When I finish this up I'll definitely try a hip-hop remix. thanks for the idea!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
/agree

More people need to start responding mainly...can't even remember the last good back and forth.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Jane that soundboard was the best thing ever.. Juicy J second one was hilarious.. never realized how unappealing some of these niqgas voices are tho, and how ugly they are lol

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yo i dunno why people hate on NO YORK. i browsed it a couple months back and dismissed most of it as well. Actually sat down with a fat joint and listened to the whole thing from beginning to end last night.

that album is wayyy ahead of it's time regardless of whether you were feeling the electo/experimental vibe. the production is absolutely dope.

def one of my favorite albums of 2011
And there you have why.

And damn all this MBDTF talk, might listen to it again tonight lol.

Linguini

Smash Master
And there you have why.

And damn all this MBDTF talk, might listen to it again tonight lol.
that's why people hate on no york?

lol...i know what you mean though and weed doesn't really skew my perception of music, if anything it enhances it. i've smoked enough that i'm very accustomed to listening and making music while blazed haha

Jane

Smash Hero
gettin hyped for the season to finally start. All I hear is CP3 this, Dwight Howard that, it's like people forgot about this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD1pw7Gr-Lw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

really diggin the track too

who do the Bulls need for this man to win his championship?
im glad that things are staying quiet on his front, keep em more focused. honestly i dont know who else they need, but i am a firm believe in rose (duh), boozer, and deng. i think they can do it. i cant wait to watch they destroy things this season. cant wait to watch the game vs the lakers!

soap

Smash Hero
downloading.. I downloaded this Nas - Carry the Cross mixtape of Lights Out blends, and there was some nice 50 verses thrown in there. Got me nostalgic.

im glad that things are staying quiet on his front, keep em more focused. honestly i dont know who else they need, but i am a firm believe in rose (duh), boozer, and deng. i think they can do it. i cant wait to watch they destroy things this season. cant wait to watch the game vs the lakers!
they all scrappers tho, just one other solid scoring presence/creator is needed. Even Durant has Jake Westbrook's ballhogging ***. At least someone that can make something happen while you take a 5 minute rest on the bench down the stretch.

soap

Smash Hero
What does he expect? Cole to do covers of his new songs?

There's a reason Snoop still plays his classics at shows.. cuz they're classic. The fact that Cole considers his **** "classic" should be a compliment smh...

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well if we all haven't known by now, Canibus is *****made.

We won't be seeing a response to this most likely since that's the trend these days lmao. Rappers try to portray the image that they're too busy to respond to anything but the real motive behind that is more malicious.

Jay is gonna tell Cole not to respond to Canibus and probably won't for the same reason Joe Budden and Royce didn't. This is probably the most relevant exposure Canibus would probably have on blog sites an in general for years lmao dude is like shunned by artists, labels and even fans.

The only thing that might happen just like Joe Budden did, just throw in a couple of insults in a few bars and leave it nameless and let that eat at them. Smart but damn loll

soap

Smash Hero
Well if we all haven't known by now, Canibus is *****made.

We won't be seeing a response to this most likely since that's the trend these days lmao. Rappers try to portray the image that they're too busy to respond to anything but the real motive behind that is more malicious.

Jay is gonna tell Cole not to respond to Canibus and probably won't for the same reason Joe Budden and Royce didn't. This is probably the most relevant exposure Canibus would probably have on blog sites an in general for years lmao dude is like shunned by artists, labels and even fans.

The only thing that might happen just like Joe Budden did, just throw in a couple of insults in a few bars and leave it nameless and let that eat at them. Smart but damn loll
I can see Cole just throwing out some confused, wtf r u talking about? bars

But honestly that diss track was kinda embarrasing enough for Canibus. That was painfully awkward for me to watch.

Was thinkin about my favorite projects, and I realized.. it's been a long year. For me at least.

Top Bottom