• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
WTF Loooooooooool

Also this was a very random and unexpected collaberation:

Nas Feat. Rick Ross - It's a Tower Heist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIh7Xn4MR58
I like how no one acknowledges that I posted a new Nas record.... Blu3 would not approve. xD
Damn right nucca. I wouldn't say it's unexpected seeing as Nas listed "Tears of Joy" as one of his top 5 current records not too long ago. Plus, Ross said Nas inspired him to be more lyrical so it's kind of a win win since i like both of them.

Track sounds like **** though....

If that's on his album, i'll be a little disappointed.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Damn right nucca. I wouldn't say it's unexpected seeing as Nas listed "Tears of Joy" as one of his top 5 current records not too long ago. Plus, Ross said Nas inspired him to be more lyrical so it's kind of a win win since i like both of them.

Track sounds like **** though....

If that's on his album, i'll be a little disappointed.
Not that bad... lol Beat isn't bad and Nas did his thing. We all know how I feel about Ross though... I guess let it grow on you.

soap

Smash Hero
ya I saw some interview a while ago where Nas was like Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj are keeping hip hop alive.

I guess he means they holdin it down for the mainstream, which is cool I guess

I don't really care tho, I barely ever listen to the radio. I hear all the garbage *** singles for the first time when I go out. Somtimes I'll be grinding on some skanks, I'll kinda pause for a second to listen to the first few bars of a verse, then be like okay it's garbage, then get back to what I was doing.

I do be likin that sloppy joint tho haha

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
The track is decent after a second listen. Still, I hope it's not on the album. Especially since it says Maybach Music in the beginning. I'd like to hear them both on a track like Tears a Joy. I swear Nas would've killed that instrumental.

Based off the wiki page, it seems like every producer worked with Nas on this one....If Salaam Remi does most of the tracks, the album is gonna be wack.

An Odd Future collab has me in limbo. I can see tyler effin up the track easily. I like Frank Ocean doing choruses but I can't stand his solo music, personally. This album is gonna be....weird.

Luigi, you like it more than Nasty...Why?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
The track is decent after a second listen. Still, I hope it's not on the album. Especially since it says Maybach Music in the beginning. I'd like to hear them both on a track like Tears a Joy. I swear Nas would've killed that instrumental.

Based off the wiki page, it seems like every producer worked with Nas on this one....If Salaam Remi does most of the tracks, the album is gonna be wack.

An Odd Future collab has me in limbo. I can see tyler effin up the track easily. I like Frank Ocean doing choruses but I can't stand his solo music, personally. This album is gonna be....weird.

Luigi, you like it more than Nasty...Why?
I actually like it more after listening now. And I love that Maybach Music adlib lol it's the only thing I like about Rick Ross. Tear of Joy would have been ill for Nas lol, luckily No I.D. produced that and No I.D. is supposed to be producing for Life is Good.

And yeah Salaam Remi... I don't get why Nas worked with him so much. And Nas and Odd Future is a weird collaboration for me... hopefully they make it good and Nas isn't talking about the **** that Tyler talks about. He seemed to have that heavy influence on Game in Goblins vs Martians.

I don't think it's gonna be weird, it might be good. And yeah I don't get why he'd like this song over Nasty if you're not talking production wise lol.

soap

Smash Hero
everybody influences Game on every track. Hopefully it's the other way around with these youngins for this track.

I recently just got really into Frank Ocean, still his tracks are hit and miss with me. I either really like them, or they don't quite click.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
wow the cypher is the first time ive watched BET in...yeah its been a while lol

lmao at the shady/slaughterhouse cypher destroying everyone though
those other cyphers were punchline oriented (and ive heard alot of those before)

em and slaughterhouse were saying statements, verses were much more extensive

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
The only thing that didn't impress me was when Joe Budden said " I took the wine out of Amy's house"
Iv'e heard that on numerous occasions.

rhan

Smash Hero
Drakes first beef.
Oh how the youngin grow up so fast.

I wanna hear softie Drake go off in a diss. That'd be something to see. Maybe he'll kill it. But I doubt it.

rhan

Smash Hero
Drake should avoid all beefs. Everyone has way too much ammunition to destroy him.
He's too much of a softie to even do some kind of diss record. lol
Plus with what you said it'd be a done deal. Jimmy will get murked.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Drakes first beef.
Oh how the youngin grow up so fast.

I wanna hear softie Drake go off in a diss. That'd be something to see. Maybe he'll kill it. But I doubt it.
Idk lol maybe lyrically he'd do something but I doubt he'd be saying much. I mean what can he say? He said before that Whinnie the Poo influenced him on Take Care LOL
Drake should avoid all beefs. Everyone has way too much ammunition to destroy him.
This.
drake had some baby beef waaay back in the day with I forget who, but this was his response. I actually like this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFhbcAMiTE

I think it was Atristo or something? Local artist in Canada, dude was kinda garb.
this was his flex interview today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_69CAPg124

Take Care seems to be more his project than the young money debut. I'm kinda hyped actually.
And yeah I'm actually looking foward to Take Care too.

On a more positive note:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1205173707406.25389.1770564318&type=1&theater

I'm a happy mother****ing hip hop head right now. Listening to Illmatic and it never sounded more perfect.

rhan

Smash Hero
Beats by Dre are amazing. Just very pricey.
I wouldn't pay that much for headphones.
I break overheads super easy.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
are those headphones really that good? I've heard some negative stuff about them, but that could just be backlash because they're very popular.
They're perfect. They're mostly made for hip hop anyway, thing that people don't know about is that in iTunes they should set their equalizer presets to Hip hop and on the iPod put the equalizers to Treble Booster and it will sound great.
Beats by Dre are amazing. Just very pricey.
I wouldn't pay that much for headphones.
I break overheads super easy.
Yeah just be careful with them in case, worth it in my eyes lol.

Also LOOOOOOOOOOOL Webbie is such a ***** in a bad way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMjZiBTkRc&feature=player_embedded

soap

Smash Hero
I'm pretty happy with my shure 440 studio headphones ~90$

they're too bulky to wear out tho. I just lie around listening to them occasionally, and use them to **** around with some production stuff.

Actually I kinda like wearing them out in the winter, cuz hats won't fit over my fro anymore really, and the headphones keep my ears warm.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Whoaaaa, are you nuts? Drake would tear somebody up on a diss track. Just cuz dude's a lil feminine doesn't mean he can't go in on a record if he had to...that only means he'd get ****ed up next time he saw whoever he dissed. Punchline rappers make the best diss tracks...and that's more-or-less what Drake is.

Pusha T would take his head off tho, lol...and he has a ton of **** to use against Drake...everyone does.

that annoying moment when you almost got laid but didnt get laid

:<
Sry bruh...:(

Top Bottom