• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
Explain the situation pimp...
i could say that her friends took her away too soon, but na. next time, i need to work faster. shes a mommy too. idk what it is about moms, but when theyre hot... yummy

Being *********** is one of the worst feelings in the world, stay strong soldier.

Also, it's almost been a year since Eyedea died. He was a dope rapper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvy3x9_SauM
lol yeah it is. especially when its another dude **** blocking for no other reason other than that hes jealous of you hitting on a girl he likes.

and shoutout to eyedea man... dude doesnt get enough credit.

there's people in here talkin bout not getting laid, and you post this ****?

lol
lmaooo, it was fitting.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
that annoying moment when you almost got laid but didnt get laid

:<
D:
Sounds like a case of blue balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1BeHcFI5w4&feature=related

i could say that her friends took her away too soon, but na. next time, i need to work faster. shes a mommy too. idk what it is about moms, but when theyre hot... yummy

lol yeah it is. especially when its another dude **** blocking for no other reason other than that hes jealous of you hitting on a girl he likes.

and shoutout to eyedea man... dude doesnt get enough credit.

lmaooo, it was fitting.
Shut **** blockers the **** up asap in a very nicely put way. :]

Giving The Wonder Years a listen.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Actually I kinda like wearing them out in the winter, cuz hats won't fit over my fro anymore really, and the headphones keep my ears warm.
I couldn't see you rockin' a fro. You're the rebel of the Jews, son.

@Jane's situation - Stay strong homie. That just makes the time when it happens even better.

soap

Smash Hero
readin up on royce a lil, **** made me lol

"Royce responded with his third diss track, which was recorded over 50 Cent's "In Da Club" instrumental titled "Death Day". The feud ended later and Royce was featured in a mixtape of D12 released in 2008 called Return Of the Dozen. They also went on tour in Europe and Canada together."

MBlaze

Smash Champion
2 things I've listened to as of lately:

Frank Ocean - Lonny Breaux Collection: I didn't finish this all in one listen obviously, **** that. After the first two hours straight of any one single collection of music (this was very near 4 hours) I wouldn't even hear words, just instrumental. So it was broken up into 4 listens pretty much. Very nice collection of R&B, Best for the shuffle feature seeing as the tracklist is in alphabetical order and no official listing.

9th Wonder - The Wonder Years: 9th Wonder's instrumental skills are nothing less than impeccable, one of the best producers in my opinion especially with the soul; I love soul beats and he has his own style to it. It pretty much was a compilation of underground verses and such and I found it to be a pretty solid collection, smooth and easy listening.

Another artist I heard good things about this year was Phonte, so I might be checking out his release. Both his and 9th Wonder's releases were on the same day as Cole World's release so yeah, guess what overshadowed what lol.

I've heard Phonte before on Drake's Comeback Season when Drake was you know... good and stuff. Even though on that same song Drake completely "borrowed" his whole verse's flow from Outkast if you listen to it (refer to Ms. Jackson). The first part was questionably his but as it went on the whole structure was Andre built.

Drake - Think Good Thoughs (Which is also ironically produced by 9th Wonder) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0PUQuwxxQ

Phonte's verse on there I liked a lot so yeah, even though I pretty heavily digressed, I might listen to his release from this year which happens to be his debut solo studio album if I'm not mistaken.

soap

Smash Hero
Phonte was always my preferred rapper from Little Brother. Big Pooh bear was okay, but he was never as multi-dimensional as phonte was.

Pooh wasn't on 9ths or Phonte's albums tho. that's a lil weird. I wonder what he is up to.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Quick random question, when listening to music, whether it be vibing out or just listening in general, do you have the volume all the way up or near it? lol

Jane

Smash Hero
im prolly late as ****

but i just listened to kendrick lamar's section.80 for the first time

it might be the best album i've heard this year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niu9KMEGsx4
yeah dude, section 80 is definitely up there for favorite albums ever... even though its like, a mixtape lol

rigamortis is ridiculous. if any of you want to hear a rapper really really truly "going HAM" listen to that link...^

@mblaze, my music only gets near max volume if i'm in a car or on a bus or something where outside noise really intrudes. otherwise, i'm usually around 40%-70% depending on the source.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
yeah dude, section 80 is definitely up there for favorite albums ever... even though its like, a mixtape lol

rigamortis is ridiculous. if any of you want to hear a rapper really really truly "going HAM" listen to that link...^

@mblaze, my music only gets near max volume if i'm in a car or on a bus or something where outside noise really intrudes. otherwise, i'm usually around 40%-70% depending on the source.
Once you get your headphones I think you're gonna be at 70-80% range xD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Quick random question, when listening to music, whether it be vibing out or just listening in general, do you have the volume all the way up or near it? lol
Near max is the only way to listen to music.

I hate when people wanna share an ear but also want me to turn my shiz down.

In the car, I make it as loud as it can go before it starts blaring.

rhan

Smash Hero
Overheads = Everyone hears your ****.
Ear Buds = Personal listening.

That's just how I see it.
That's why I never really wear overheads on my ears. Just around my neck and I have them on full blast and they're loud enough to have a group get hype. I wear ear bud but I only have them on full blast to drown any other sound out. Usually they're like that when I'm either depressed or pissed off.

Or working out.

Jane

Smash Hero
Once you get your headphones I think you're gonna be at 70-80% range xD
like i said, it depends on the source. plugged in to my computer, i guarantee i won't go have to go higher than 50%... my **** goes hella loud lol.

on my phone though, probably yeah 70-85 range.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
like i said, it depends on the source. plugged in to my computer, i guarantee i won't go have to go higher than 50%... my **** goes hella loud lol.

on my phone though, probably yeah 70-85 range.
Oh yeah that was a given, I don't even use my headphones on my compute really, I use my apple starter earbuds for that crap lol.

And I always have it near 80% or so, I never have it up blaring or whatever because I'm trying not to damage any of my sense xP I don't need any glasses and I don't have any other problems so I'm trying to keep it that way lol.

soap

Smash Hero
protect your hearing boys..

Only time I blasty blast is when I'm in the car sometimes for a select few songs, with the windows down.

Usually I try to keep it conservative. Maybe like 60% on average.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I've recently learned about this dude on youtube that goes by Raisi K.

He makes beats out of videogames/other misc media and for the most part they're pretty good. Some of it has a generic feel to it, and a lot of them are repetitive.

Current favorites:
www.youtube.com/watch/?v=p-6hgxoVuUE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNfPB5sar4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFuTI4dXKY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJsIJ6jco4&feature=related
I kinda dug that Pokemon instrumental. The Doug one was pretty mellow. I can listen to it again. The rest can be done away with.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
What kind do you have and what happened?
The iBeats. The 120$ ones.

And that's the thing...I dunno wtf happened. It's the same thing that happens to like...all of my ear/headphones, I guess. Right now, there are like 7 breaks in the earphone cord, so now the wires are showing in some places. I guess from bending them?

Whatever the case, I just wanna know what I'm doing wrong, lol. This is like my 20th pair of ear/headphones in the past 5 years.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
The iBeats. The 120$ ones.

And that's the thing...I dunno wtf happened. It's the same thing that happens to like...all of my ear/headphones, I guess. Right now, there are like 7 breaks in the earphone cord, so now the wires are showing in some places. I guess from bending them?

Whatever the case, I just wanna know what I'm doing wrong, lol. This is like my 20th pair of ear/headphones in the past 5 years.
Same **** happened to my iBeats and why I got the HD Solo's, iBeats were good for like 2 months but once the cord starts to go like any ordinary headphone cord, that's when it begins to blow. I hated putting that **** all the way down in my ear like that too. D:

My iBeats got completely to the point where they don't even work in either ear anymore. I suggest Beats HD Solos for you, they come with 2 cords (yeah the cord you can replace on your headphones).

By the way has anyone listened to Fabolous's The Soul Tape? I heard Slow Down (Feat. Trey Songz) off of it and I was impressed. How is the tape itself?

Jane

Smash Hero
I've recently learned about this dude on youtube that goes by Raisi K.

He makes beats out of videogames/other misc media and for the most part they're pretty good. Some of it has a generic feel to it, and a lot of them are repetitive.

Current favorites:
www.youtube.com/watch/?v=p-6hgxoVuUE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNfPB5sar4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFuTI4dXKY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJsIJ6jco4&feature=related
i REALLY liked the pokemon one. times like this i wish i could spit hahaha. i suppose its never too late to start.. its always been on my to-do list.

the kirby one and the SMB3 one was also dope.

Top Bottom