• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Is blu's album out? Cant find it
Album been out for months lmfao downloaded it when I first heard it was available in here. It's boring imo.
how the fux did they upload a 10 hour video?

Blu's album leaked, not officially dropped. He uploaded the whole thing to his youtube. One of the few tracks I liked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkGG1R3pog&feature=related

Just not really feeling alot of the production on the project.

Also, lil b stay jackin Nas beats. He has good taste at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kih4L9nfFig&feature=feedu
The **** is with the horrible music in here? D:
How many people here freestyle?
We should get like a tinychat together and just start a cypher or some shyyt.

That'd be tight.
Or we could just use it to discuss/debate hip hop.

http://youtu.be/g95KabBPNRk
Swag.
I can't rap :[
I wonder how Hip hop would be if Kanye met Biggie smalls?
Magic and a lot of ejaculation. Pause.

soap

Smash Hero
Man, Blu + ASh go soo hard on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFdp_1rwiYA

Ilove the beat change when blu hops on, then "jobs never done until the fat lady hums and the drums go, budadadadum on the ones so.." Beat is so dynamic

apparently that's travis barker bangin around on the live drums behind the beat

I wanna hear some more All City Chess Club, but really just Blu, Lupe, an Ash

Also, I feel like features and collaborations pulls the best verses out of people. On your own track people can get lazy and uninspired, but nobody wants to get ***** on the track by someone else.

I downloaded this compilation of Blu features, and honestly some of the best verses I've ever heard from him.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Yea. Future is so stupid. I didn't even want to mention him on my last post. He is a joke.

You guys watching the awards. Blind fury's freestlye and Kendrick Lamar!!!!!!

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
You guys just saw the yellowolf/Eminem/Royce da 5'9/Ortiz freestyle? so beast!!!! The performances was o.k. In the lupe performance, the masked woman that was singing was Erika Badu. T.I is back, DMX is back and Heavy D is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boofy!

Smash Champion
performances were straight azzcheeks, like.. did you see wiz? WTF was he doingggg?!?! even lupe's left me unimpressed, the whole rock spin on it would have been better with skylar imo.. cyphers were ok.. that french dude ripped it haha

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I cant remember exactly what Royce 5'9 said but in between the verses, he would say "hi rihanna " and say something funny about nicki minaj then continue with "hi rihanna" then say something else then say "bye rihanna" I was laughing crazy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The video of the cypher is on 2dopeboyz.com front page.

Pleasantly surprised...everybody's verse was sick as ****. So glad Joell hasn't forgotten how to spit, lol. Prolly replayed this vid like 30+ times already.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yo, That Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse, And Eminem Cypher was hands down the Best Cypher I've ever seen...probably in my Life.. They all went in something serious. I can't even explain how happy I am to hear them flow sooooooo hard!!!!

And you can view them all on www.bet.com

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yo, That Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse, And Eminem Cypher was hands down the Best Cypher I've ever seen...probably in my Life.. They all went in something serious. I can't even explain how happy I am to hear them flow sooooooo hard!!!!

And you can view them all on www.bet.com
Seriously... lmfao God damn. Eminem... is spitting good **** again O_O

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I liked the speech from LL Cool J. Wale almost cried after listening to the LL Cool J speech.
Lmaooooooooooo I should watch that now. I think MM group was high, they seemed it and said it during the cypher, these *******es saying the lines with the main performer... lol smh.

I watched that then the Shady Cypher again... smhhh lmao. And why did Chris Brown do better than the MMG? LOL

Jane

Smash Hero
damn, so it looks like i need to watch the bet awards, haha.

tonight i listened to watch the throne for the first time in a couple weeks... i gotta say, i think i like it more than before somehow. i thoroughly enjoy every song except murder to excellence and made in america. lift off, who gon stop me, why i love you, and HAM are my favorite songs.

edit- also LOL, listen to this little excerpt of drake's verse from that tony montana song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPt-zRB5trc#t=1m54s

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Some thoughts on the cyphers.

How the hell they gonna let Blind Fury wear a shirt that spells rhymes 'ryhmes.' This can't be life.

KRIT and Kendrick held it down.

Tech and MGK are both weird.

I laughed throughout Busta's endless verse.

Luda needs to stop acting like his bars were that phenomenal.

Lacrae impressed.

The Shady cypher made the others seem so mundane.

Crooked seemed mad awkward when he was spitting. He didn't body it as much as I thought he would.

Overall, a crazy good look for Slaughterhouse. You could tell they were all enjoying themselves and they really got a chemistry.

I know Joell can do better, but he was better than he has been.

Joe was proper studying Em when he was spitting lol. You can tell he really respects his mastery of the craft.

Cheah!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Goddamn that Shady cypher :O. Budden and Em killllll

tonight i listened to watch the throne for the first time in a couple weeks... i gotta say, i think i like it more than before somehow. i thoroughly enjoy every song except murder to excellence and made in america. lift off, who gon stop me, why i love you, and HAM are my favorite songs.

I'm warming up to WTT a little more too, but I kinda hate Lift Off except for the hook. I also think Murder to Excellence is a highlight. My favorites are *****s in Paris, That's My *****, and Illest Mother****er Alive.

I'd still say it's a bit of a disappointing album. When you consider the people who made it, it should be better than "a couple of standout tracks"

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

tonight i listened to watch the throne for the first time in a couple weeks... i gotta say, i think i like it more than before somehow.

I always find Jay-Z/Beyonce music to take time before I am actually appreciating it.

soap

Smash Hero
nardwuar interviews lil B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mmbb6lwatI

nardwuar is so ****ing awesome. i highly recommend you guys check out some of his other interviews. he has a lot with quite a large amount of other rappers.. look around til you find someone that interests you.
omg his voice is so ****ing annoying, but he is kind of funny

Das Racist interview was legit

that's kinda cool how he comes bearing gifts of vinyl

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
nardwuar interviews lil B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mmbb6lwatI

nardwuar is so ****ing awesome. i highly recommend you guys check out some of his other interviews. he has a lot with quite a large amount of other rappers.. look around til you find someone that interests you.
wtf mane i did a whole Nardwuar megapost a couple months ago and nobody said ****!!!

Top Bottom