• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Isn't Common making an album with Nas?

the end of this song makes me lol every single time

[yt]G9GGceNU-f0[/yt]

about that Carlin/Pryor clip...I know where Pryor is coming from, but I still have to side with Carlin's perspective. The word, by itself, is just a series of letters. It has a lot of bad history behind it, but people should always think about the greater picture when criticizing someone's language. I dont think Carlin looks like an ******* with that. It's abrasive and offensive, but that's what he had to do to make that skit funny. That's his style. I love George.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I hope Common makes a new album.
Common is dropping an album this year isn't he? Ghetto Dreams was a single off of it o-O

Anyways Lil Wayne's Public Service Announcement:

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/10/lil-waynes-public-service-announcement/

**** is really funny lol. I haven't seen someone THIS ****ING HIGH in a minute lmao. He seems like a chill guy to be around but this dude is just clearly blitted. lol

At first he was talking sense, and at other times he was agreeable but then I think the full sedation was kicking in on whatever he took lmfao.

Btw he says that's tea in the vid, that ain't tea. lol

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Anyways Lil Wayne's Public Service Announcement:

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/10/lil-waynes-public-service-announcement/

**** is really funny lol. I haven't seen someone THIS ****ING HIGH in a minute lmao. He seems like a chill guy to be around but this dude is just clearly blitted. lol

At first he was talking sense, and at other times he was agreeable but then I think the full sedation was kicking in on whatever he took lmfao.

Btw he says that's tea in the vid, that ain't tea. lol
Dude, I just wanted to see Wayne's house at first. Then he got on some true ****, and I appreciated that.

But I like how that ***** said nothing about Jobs, yet after a bunch of minutes had passed he said "and that brings me back to Steve Jobs."

Overall, Wayne seems cool as ****. I just wish his music would represent him more like the way he was in this video.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Also, anyone else realize that them *****s are rich as **** and still got kool-aid in their fridge? @7:29

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Althooo, this one time I was playing, this one dude was making fun of my jewish/white heritage in a very condescending manner the whole game. I make all kinds of racist jokes all the time, but I can still decipher when there is militious intent behind it or not. He was on my team too... So I'm in the post, he throws a terrible pass like 4 feet over my head out of bounds.. then goes "damn, learn how to jump u cracka *** white boy"

And I said, "learn how to pass ******" with the ER and everything. Kind of like being purposefully racist to prove a point or something iono. I was like ready to fight this kid already tho. Rest of the court was black too, and they all kinda just got their popcorn out and were waiting to see what happened. But nothing did. Dude was a *****.
A thousand kudos to you for this amazing story. Your response may have been childish but I fully support it :)

soap

Smash Hero
Only Common track I've liked since Be album has been "So Far To Go" and that's mostly just the dope dilla beat

Haven't even listened to Universal Mind Control, so I can't even say if it's wack or not. I'm just not that interested.

His flow puts me to sleep in general.

soap

Smash Hero
Maybe I shoulda listened to some common cuz I couldn't sleep all nite lol...

I did find some 04' ash drifting around out there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3VgYhixBQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

this song is dope too. Kendrick Lamar - Cloud 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6U5GpZgD_s&feature=related

Started diggin.. and did not realize how much music this lil ***** Kendrick has out there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=rrXSfThuyHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLYiOtKBGsM&feature=related

haven't heard a bad verse yet

Jane

Smash Hero
good **** on those chris rock and pryor/carlin links. definitely a hot topic that there is no clear answer to. i always stand my ground on using the word though. i am not racist, i use the word, not a big deal to me.

on that wayne PSA, homie was rambling a lot and not making a lot of sense and basically just flaunting. but still, i have a lot of respect for the man, and yeah, he seems like he would be a fun person to hang out with.

and shoutout to soap for having the best stories in the thread xD.. i still remember the one about when you got high right before going to israel or whatever, **** had me weak haha.

and yes, they say is one of my favorite com/ye tracks.

apparently the original was with consequence and not kanye haha. here it is.

common ft. john legend & consequence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IYQ45glZqs

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
****** is very much an American thing to me. In my lifetime probably heard it a handful of times. The majority of my friends are black and they never say it all. When rapping along it I hardly use it, only in cases where it's really emphasised. Never use it in front of others.

To me it's much more of a taboo than it seems to be for people like Soap or Jane. I'm actually shocked by how often some of you use it, here and on Facebook. Again must be the non US thing.

Some BET cypher teasers: http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/10/07/2011-bet-hip-hop-awards-cyphers-teasers/

The beat in the Shady cypher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other beat.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Personally, I try not to use it around non-darkies or women. N9NE, over here, ***** is used in the same manner as dude or bro or anything along those lines. Of course, in the wrong hands, it can still cause a fight but as long as both parties understand the intent, everything's cool.

soap

Smash Hero
oh yeah, and check out my states new PR. negro themed :yeahboi:

yooo wtf

r u a kobe bryant octopus creature?

That rreminds me, last night I saw a box at work addressed to "PHIL BANKS". It was a Cali address too.

I was like ya makes sense, legit thinking he was a real person for a few seconds. Definitely a weird tv twilight zone moment.

Jane

Smash Hero
yooo wtf

r u a kobe bryant octopus creature?
yup lol. been wanting to use that image as a reaction face but i knew it would never be fully appropriate. so using it on the black PR was perfect.

"i'm not sick wit it, i'm sick-witted"

^thought that line was pretty nice.

soap

Smash Hero
Yo so.. How Ya Livin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OimqTxf9j1Y

Doe or Die II huh.. everybody seems so scared to do the obvious followup but AZ seems all about it. Trying to get the same production team and everything. LES, Pete Rock.. + kanye/dre

Sounds hellllla throwback but I'm down

I haven't even listened to Legendary yet... I feel bad how much he is slept on, i mean, I think he is dope, and I still sleep on him. He has one of my favorite flows, but I guess alot of his music just doesn't take me anywhere different.

Like how Nas be paintin those mystic landscapes that he drops philosophy on.. I just always picture AZ bustin flows on the corner before he picks up some chinese food. I just happen to be in the mood for chinese food alot of the time too nahmean.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yo so.. How Ya Livin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OimqTxf9j1Y

Doe or Die II huh.. everybody seems so scared to do the obvious followup but AZ seems all about it. Trying to get the same production team and everything. LES, Pete Rock.. + kanye/dre

Sounds hellllla throwback but I'm down

I haven't even listened to Legendary yet... I feel bad how much he is slept on, i mean, I think he is dope, and I still sleep on him. He has one of my favorite flows, but I guess alot of his music just doesn't take me anywhere different.

Like how Nas be paintin those mystic landscapes that he drops philosophy on.. I just always picture AZ bustin flows on the corner before he picks up some chinese food. I just happen to be in the mood for chinese food alot of the time too nahmean.
Legendary 39:42 long...? Damn lol. I only listened to Doe or Die and Aziatic since I heard his other albums were... meh.. lol

soap

Smash Hero
I like AWOL, Pieces of a Man. I've never actually heard a BAD verse from him. Altho I admittedly don't even listen to his lyricism alot of the time. I'll just be vibin out to the beat and his flow, just like not paying attention.

I be doin the same thing when I listen to Bone Thugs.

He's got great wordplay tho when I actually get to dissecting verses.

huhh..Turns out he is retiring after Doe Or Die II

I hope he goes hard

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I like AWOL, Pieces of a Man. I've never actually heard a BAD verse from him. Altho I admittedly don't even listen to his lyricism alot of the time. I'll just be vibin out to the beat and his flow, just like not paying attention.

I be doin the same thing when I listen to Bone Thugs.

He's got great wordplay tho when I actually get to dissecting verses.

huhh..Turns out he is retiring after Doe Or Die II

I hope he goes hard
Damn.. hope it's good too then.

rhan

Smash Hero
Hopsin was talking about watching that and he said he felt inspired. Makes him look at Wayne in a different perspective.

I have yet to see it until now.

Top Bottom