• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
‎"Justin Bieber even asked if he could do the cypher. Everybody was worried that it might mess up the integrity of BET but I was like, 'Long as he got a dope rhyme, let him spit.' But, then we heard, 'He wants Luda to write his rhyme.' I was like, 'Oh, no, no, no, no, no.' If you ain't writing your own rhyme, you can't do it. So, Justin, you gotta take a backseat on that one. Write your own rhymes, honey. You gotta call him honey on that one." - DJ Premier

Savon

Smash Ace
Lol ****ted on.

Also my list of people who do the best hooks.

Kid Cudi
Nate Dogg
Drake
Akon
T-pain

Nate Dogg is S-tier though

:phone:

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Thanks so much Y.B.M means a lot fam.

ALSO IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE EMAILS......GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!

remember that's "Alby~" with the ~ lol
Thanks again so much guys =]

soap

Smash Hero
I was gonna ask if the squiggle was official... didn't think it actually was tho

this site just seems mad sketch tho. Homepage has a picture of Drake and Coldplay..

Unsigned tour.. just don't "win" and hop into no unmarked van namsayin

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, I voted for both already, lol.

I didn't put the squiggle Alby...do I need to vote again? My squiggle is weird on my ****.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Yeah I put the "~" haha.

Also I guess to promote this thing I'm going to try to drop 16 a day on my youtube. I need more vids anyway so look out for that =].

You can vote from any of your emails so yeah....

Artist Name: Alby~

soap

Smash Hero
The galaxy is so enchanting beyond, Galileo's understanding
Past the milky way and all the planets
There's something out there greater
But only god knows, scientists claim we came from apes
But they lies though
-Nas, Dance

Last line always kinda bugged me. Does he really not believe in evolution? There is tons of proof that it goes back farther than monkeys.

It might have something to do with his spirituality, and maybe that he doesn't outright disbelieve the genetic evidence, but that god gave intelligence and spirituality to the lineage.

Anyways, I just thought it would be an interesting discussion to get some of y'all opinions on evolution, and how it contrasts with your religious/spiritual views.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
The galaxy is so enchanting beyond, Galileo's understanding
Past the milky way and all the planets
There's something out there greater
But only god knows, scientists claim we came from apes
But they lies though
-Nas, Dance

Last line always kinda bugged me. Does he really not believe in evolution? There is tons of proof that it goes back farther than monkeys.

It might have something to do with his spirituality, and maybe that he doesn't outright disbelieve the genetic evidence, but that god gave intelligence and spirituality to the lineage.

Anyways, I just thought it would be an interesting discussion to get some of y'all opinions on evolution, and how it contrasts with your religious/spiritual views.
Yea those lyrics confused me as well.

Also in the one mic song where he talks about Jesus age compared to the amount of bullets in his gun. confused the heck out of me.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
What proof is there of evolution? Cause if so I'm quite curious as to why monkey stopped turning into humans and such :o

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yea those lyrics confused me as well.

Also in the one mic song where he talks about Jesus age compared to the amount of bullets in his gun. confused the heck out of me.
Really?

Jesus died at age 33

that's 33 shots from twin glocks

that's 16 apiece. that's 32

one of his guns was holding more than it physically is able.

...I dunno. i dunno what confuses you about it. nas is comparing himself to Jesus by implying that he performs miracles. you know, the whole God's Son thing.

also, Sus/Malice:

that's a very dumb thing to say. evolution does not occur over a lifetime, or even many lifetimes. it's not like apes are literally metamorphosing into humans over the course of a couple of decades. the concept of evolution as it relates to humanity is that humans and apes share a common ANCESTOR. we're both of hominid descent. over hundreds of years, an organism's positive traits will continue to proliferate, while the organism's bad traits are "weeded out".

as far as "proof" goes, there is a lot more scientific evidence to substantiate the theory of evolution than there is to substantiate the theory of a divine creator.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that last part, but who decides how long evolution takes and what is considered evolution? Only thing I see that has been happening is humans becoming physically stronger/bigger. And living longer supposedly. Idk what happen in the past.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Why are evolution and divine creation mutually exclusive?

Why can't they be the who and the how?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's entirely plausible, but in my experience the people who believe in both are an extreme minority. Nas, for instance, seems to me one of the most well-read and intelligent people in hip-hop and even he doesn't seem to consider that.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
The evidence for evolution is overwhelming and it's the best current available explanation for the origin of humans and other species, imo. I certainly believe in it, but I guess I believe in divine creation too, just more in a universe sense rather than a human sense. So I guess I'm one of those people who believes in both. Although...I would wager my idea of divine creation is far from orthodox. People like to use the term intelligent design when talking about divine creation which I think pollutes the idea entirely, because I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that god is an intelligent, thinking individual who was like "Hey I think I'll make a universe today!" or something like that.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Freeways month of madness mixtape is one the illest tapes ive heard, I can listen to it all day and just chill. Idgaf. This isn't my first time hearing it btw lol just saiyan..

Top Bottom