• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
goddammit... i had written up a length response for ybm, and then when i tried to submit it, i got logged out and it was gone forever... ;_;

i'll just quickly summarize by saying this:

i am very open minded. i am open the idea of the illuminati and the new world order and all of that jazz. however, i will not believe it without any solid evidence of its existence. people point to videos of all these artists with the eye and artists posing in the same way as baphomet or whatever, but just because they point these things out doesnt prove the existance of the illuminati in any way.

i sit and listen to illuminati theorists tell me about all these crazy things. i listen with genuine curiosity. and i ask questions. questions like "well, how do you know about this? what real evidence do you have?" but i can never get answers that satisfy me. they tell me to go do research. but this research is always on sites dedicated to "uncovering the illuminati" and that just isnt credible to me. i want research from varying sources. i dont want to just hear "well, lady gaga did this. and look what jay-z did in his video! this obviously means that the illuminati is controlling us."

i love to learn, i love to inquire, i love to do research. but the sad truth is i can never find good research on the illuminati. only observations being made, which lead to connections being created, which lead to assumptions that fit right into the illuminati theorist's agenda.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
And I agree with absolutely everything Jane.

I will not support anything that's within my knowledge of being demonic or Satanic. Regardless of what he say, and she say. Something was totally off in that Jay Video. I listen to his Album and that song was one of my favorites. I liked it before it was a single. But the video had absolutely NOTHING to do with the song in my opinion.

Some people are just out there trying to make Hip Hop look bad, or our pop culture in General. Some people are making valid points and me even giving us the truth. But it's hard to decipher what's real and what's fake. So I avoid what I feel is negative and may influence me in a way that I don't realize.

soap

Smash Hero
music videos are notoriously bad and have a discord with the song

case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt4DOl411o

you said yourself you like the song and thought nothing wrong with it at first.

just realize that Jay is a troll and don't take that kinda **** so serious. I actually really like Jay because of his antics as well. He's just a bored millionaire nowadays having fun.

soap

Smash Hero
na I was saving that joint till I get home and can blast it

I'm at the library with no headphones, listening to **** on like super low volume but still getting funny looks

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"Our secret society is working splendidly! We now have the US government, the banks, and all gigantic conglomerates and corporations under our secret control! Now all we need to do is to get the most famous celebrities in the nation to constantly, and explicitly reveal our secrets via subliminal messaging. Brilliant plan! That way, we can......uhh....not be a secret society anymore."

That's damning evidence if I ever saw some.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
The galaxy is so enchanting beyond, Galileo's understanding
Past the milky way and all the planets
There's something out there greater
But only god knows, scientists claim we came from apes
But they lies though
-Nas, Dance

Last line always kinda bugged me. Does he really not believe in evolution? There is tons of proof that it goes back farther than monkeys.

It might have something to do with his spirituality, and maybe that he doesn't outright disbelieve the genetic evidence, but that god gave intelligence and spirituality to the lineage.

Anyways, I just thought it would be an interesting discussion to get some of y'all opinions on evolution, and how it contrasts with your religious/spiritual views.
Nas has never been that dude when it comes to theological/religious discussions. i always figured he spit that line since his moms was up in the hospital and he needed some things to cling on or please her. Ya gotta understand, this is the same dude that went from:

-Atheist - "About Gods, I don't believe in none of that ****, ya facts are backwards" - Represent

-Muslim - He recites Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem, the opening line to Muslim recitation on Smokin' and on Black Zombies

-Christian - Gotta song called "God Loves Us" on Nastradamus and, the obvious, God's Son tatted across the belly, and "The beauty of life, was when my mom said ni**a you could be Christ, I wasn't old enough to hold my **** and pee right, "Jesus"! What is he like? I picture him standing with diamonds on him Little different from the way my mommy saw him"

- I dunno anymore.

I assume he's a Theist but I try not to follow his religious escapades anymore.

Late response but a ni**a's been busy.

soap

Smash Hero
Nas has never been that dude when it comes to theological/religious discussions. i always figured he spit that line since his moms was up in the hospital and he needed some things to cling on or please her. Ya gotta understand, this is the same dude that went from:

-Atheist - "About Gods, I don't believe in none of that ****, ya facts are backwards" - Represent

-Muslim - He recites Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem, the opening line to Muslim recitation on Smokin' and on Black Zombies

-Christian - Gotta song called "God Loves Us" on Nastradamus and, the obvious, God's Son tatted across the belly, and "The beauty of life, was when my mom said ni**a you could be Christ, I wasn't old enough to hold my **** and pee right, "Jesus"! What is he like? I picture him standing with diamonds on him Little different from the way my mommy saw him"

- I dunno anymore.

I assume he's a Theist but I try not to follow his religious escapades anymore.

Late response but a ni**a's been busy.
Regarding the last line: I assume his mom was christian, cuz he also says "Jesus finally got his bride mommy dance with him."

He seems to kinda just have a respect for all religions. Alot of people believe they are the same entity. Alot of people believe that god is kind of just an internal spiritual thing with yourself.

In regards to his personal beliefs, people change mindstates over the years, and I don't think he has any better idea than the rest of us, but he seems to have an open mind about it so it never really bothered me.

Reminds me of a funny tech line I heard on 3rd World the other day tho. "Alot of y'all *****s were quick to shout out Allah like he was sponsoring your mixtape or something... then after 9/11 you got scared and shut the **** up." (3rd World is pretty decent too btw)

To bring it full circle with this illuminati thing, since I don't even really believe in Satanist pagan nonsense to begin with, the possibility that people are practicing it does not phase me. They would still just be confused humans like me, and I still have my own intuitiion/reasoning.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Religion is man made, and its a mask that people need to take off to see the same picture /semi-rant

:phone:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Come back to Illuminati and religion talk lol. I'll side step that for a minute.

Dopest song/video I've heard/seen in a minute:

The Illz - In Between Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6H7B_rw0d0

The Illz - Dreams of Life & Beth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0dVA8dTlxQ

Need to do my homework on this guy, I really like those two tracks. And he's from Jersey! Cheah!

And just heard this Slaughterhouse track. Beat is dope

Slaughterhouse- The Illest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrEBECO-t0&feature=related

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Listening to Charity Starts At Home by Phonte, and honestly this album is pretty good lyrically and production wise. I don't really see a direction to most of these songs so far (Until I got up to "Sendin My Love which is track 6) but I might be wrong. Probably would have to listen to it more in the future.

Yeah I definitely like the second half better (excluding the first track lol that **** was dope). People calling this album an absolute classic, gotta let it grow on me and decide if it is or isn't in my opinion.

Linguini

Smash Master
Saw Kendrick live tonight. Schoolboy and Ab SOLO were there too and performed some of their songs......***** was amazing!!!!

Kendrick's vibe is too ill and the crowd was pumped as ****

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yoooooooo....

How come nobody mentioned how Nas brutally ***** every other verse on the Carter 4?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yoooooooo....

How come nobody mentioned how Nas brutally ***** every other verse on the Carter 4?
We talked about this a while ago, I also mentioned it but we know how no one really listens to me in here.

Listened to Charity Starts At Home again, and yeah that **** is really good.

soap

Smash Hero
Saw Kendrick live tonight. Schoolboy and Ab SOLO were there too and performed some of their songs......***** was amazing!!!!

Kendrick's vibe is too ill and the crowd was pumped as ****
u get to alotta shows it seems. iJelly
loool this makes me realize how ridiculous no homo is. If you blow a dude and say no homo after... you still homo

I bumped my *****s in paris like ten times tonite while I was driving around

that****cray

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
This last week of October has been good! Lloyd Banks dropped his mixtape, Freeway just dropped his and Young Chris is dropping one tomorrow!

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I cant believe people still bring that up, thats like saying I cant take Jay seriously after he got ethered and cried on the radio. Cassidy isnt even relevant anymore, when it comes to making music now a days, freeza>cass.

Top Bottom