• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Linguini

Smash Master
Ab Soul?

Yeah Kendrick looks hype live.
yeah, ab is one of my favorite new dudes atm. I got lucky they were all there. When Q came on and started bumping bet i got some weed i went ape ***** haha

soap I try to hit up as many concerts as a I can, thankfully south florida has a good amount of artists coming through every month.....

speaking of which i'm seeing Odd Future tomorrow for halloween....I ain't even ready for the craziness

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yo man OF brought out Waka on Friday I was so mad cause I was suppose to go. I wanted to go to the FL show too but it's too much work getting down there.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yo man OF brought out Waka on Friday I was so mad cause I was suppose to go. I wanted to go to the FL show too but it's too much work getting down there.
Why would you wanna see Waka anyway? lulz

And I think it's about that time of the year, top 5 albums of the year. :o

1. Section.80 - Kendrick Lamar
  2. Charity Starts At Home - Phonte
  3. The Greatest Story Never Told - Saigon
  4. Cole World: The Sideline Story - J. Cole
  5. The Wonder Years - 9th Wonder

*Honorable Mentions: Hell: The Sequel, Gutter Rainbows and Watch the Throne (Not much to really put here that can contend with the top 5 lol)

I say start doing this now so you have a more definitive list by the end of the year and time to review stuff. Also you have time to think about it with the upcoming releases. I don't think that Take Care is gonna make it past any of those though haha.

Let me know if there's anything that released this year that should be up there. :o

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Wakas kinda hype.

That is all.
This talk of Lil B in here and Waka meanwhile we ignore me whenever I say something about Nas or Phonte... idk about this thread anymore lol.

I agree with you when you said Kendrick lamar for #1

Why J.cole so low?
I just don't see Cole World being better than the number 2 and 3 albums. I don't think anyone here has listened to Phonte's album it's really really ****in good and might actually be better than Section.80. The Greatest Story Never Told may or may not be better than Cole World. Like I said, that's why it's best to think about it now so you can have a more solid list in time.

rhan

Smash Hero
Waka is the ****.
when it comes to getting hype.

All you need is a monster/rockstar and to play any one of his songs.
people just jump up and wanna throw chairs n shyyt.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
We used to talk about Nas like everyday..

Lil B is tight on his real songs, fuck what ya heard.

Waka? He's horrible, but I don't have to analyze lyrics for once. I can just get hype. That's what I want if I listen to him (which ain't often)

rhan

Smash Hero
I think he's referring to how each game is compared to the other.
Brawl is slow and wimpy.
GG is fast and AGHAGAHGAHAGHAGH RAAAAGE!

I actually don't know how GG is. So my option is bias.

Jane

Smash Hero
smash in general is just really different from traditional fighters, haha. but yeah, i main potemkin and robo-ky. i was ****** my friend on some accent core plus today and now i really wanna expand my competition.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
wtf? that makes no sense. you can only like one type of game?
It's like, if you rushdown in fighters, you most likely like rushdown characters. You're not just gonna be all "well I'm gonna play a zoner now", it just doesn't work that way.

It's the same for GG and Brawl.

Brawls slow, has no combos, campy, and the main thing i was getting at is SUPER easy.

While GG is fast, rushdown based, and is literally probably the hardest fighter execution-wise ever (maybe Virtua Fighter).

Anywayssssss, this isn't the fg thread sooooooo..

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
So I just heard fat joe dropped a mixtape also so im gonna check it out when I get home.

"Rather have 1000 songs by fat Joe than 71 lullabys by Aubry on my ipod" LOL

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
If you could feel how my face felt, you would know how Mase felt

yo I got jumped for real last night by a bunch of drunk rednecks claiming I was trying to rob their house.. from the middle of the street... took a few shots to the face before I kicked and wriggled my way outta there

I'm so pissed off right now. I'm about to graduate and have job interviews, and I got a chipped tooth and my lips look like ****ing Jay-Z's right now.

the stupid ****s jumped me in front of their house, and I called the cops when I escaped and just pressed charges.

I do not know why I seem to attract the scum of the earth. I'm about to start carrying a knife, I train with them enough. Next person to **** with me is getting their wrists cut.

Happy Halloween *****s

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
****, keep your head up soap. Glad to hear you got out somehow, hope there's no real damage. Get better man.

soap

Smash Hero
****, keep your head up soap. Glad to hear you got out somehow, hope there's no real damage. Get better man.
Hey thanks man. I'm a lil banged up, but ya it prolly coulda been worse. Out in the street I had a quick flashback to American History X, and I was like I am not ****ing around and getting curbstomped out here. I just went nuts snapping jabs and kicks till I got a little space to sprawl to my feet and jet.

Ya it's funny that I confide in this thread first before the folks. My moms flips her **** over these kinda things. I'll get to it when I sort some stuff out.

Being jumped is a horrible feeling..

Yo at least you get pay back. **** them.
Ya man, wrong jew. After they pick up my dental bill, they'll be paying back half my college loans.

I'm a little surprised nobody went to jail that night. Like the police went over there and interrogated them and the neighbors and ****. One dude confessed to hitting me, but he said he was the only one, and that I started the fight..#JusticeSystem

Top Bottom