• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
hella late, but

WTT - 6.5/10

They were honestly just trolling the whole time and I could not get into it. Big Jay and Kanye fan, but c'mon son I know they can come ten times harder than this. This was some Lil B caliber trolling on this album, except it wasn't even that funny.

(except for that kanye line "cocaine lines on black skin lookin like zebra stripes, call it jungle fever :awesome:)

Production didn't blow me away either. I love the Original I Can't Stop and Kanye didn't really do anything too cool with it, and the verses they spit over it... I'd rather just listen to the bass drop and wobble for five minutes like on the original.

I didn't even really feel any chemistry between them on the album either. Just kinda dissapointing overall. I guess I had high expectations from reading positive reviews. It's fun as a Jay and Kanye bro-ing out album, but I'd rather hear something epic from these two.

rhan

Smash Hero
Okay. The computer broke down. I'm using this via Wii.

If anyone here listens to Dre's Songs, I think you heard this one:
"Marvin's Room"

Sorry but I can't post the url. Search it if you want.
That's hella old. I heard that 2 days before I shipped out. I need NEWWWWWW MUSAKKK! Cuz I'l buying an Ipod classic in the next week or so. And a bunch of other ish with my Government pay check.

*coolshades*

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll try to find the latest, bro.

Edit: I think you haven't heard this but hey, I'll never know unless you respond.

"lil' Wayne (ft. Drake) - She Will"

soap

Smash Hero
How do people usually get a hold of instrumentals? I want to throw my hat in and try spitting for fun, but I can't find the instrumentals for some of the beats i wanna try!
which ones u lookin for?

look for singles, they usually have an official instrumental packaged with it.

or I find remakes of instrumentals on youtube all the time.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I kinda like the otis vid cuz they look like they looked like they where having fun. Other then that, I feel a bit disappointed.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
hella late, but

WTT - 6.5/10

I didn't even really feel any chemistry between them on the album either. Just kinda dissapointing overall. I guess I had high expectations from reading positive reviews. It's fun as a Jay and Kanye bro-ing out album, but I'd rather hear something epic from these two.
I think this is the biggest problem. This is a collaboration by two of the biggest names in the game. It should be historic, not "hey, 4 or 5 of these tracks are pretty banging!"

as for beats, I was specifically looking for Shine Blockas, Drive Slow, Get em High, and New York Subway (the Lil B Por ti Volare beat, I don't really like the one Kanye did).

I'm sure there is probably a way to get the vocals out of the normal versions of songs but hell if I know how to do it.

I'll try to find the latest, bro.

Edit: I think you haven't heard this but hey, I'll never know unless you respond.

"lil' Wayne (ft. Drake) - She Will"
come on dawg we were talking about that like one page ago.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Dang.

Also, There'a type of version where A song is w/ just vocals and no music.
I'm researching that. I'll be back when I find out.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
LT, you lucky you posted before I did.

I would have called you ****ing ******** LOL.

Any instrumental you want is on YouTube basically.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I use youtube to find instrumentals.

If I can't find it on youtube, I google it and look at the first 3 or so pages.

If I still can't find it I ask one of my homies to remake it.

Jane

Smash Hero
Its so weird to me. Two pages and i havent said a damn thing. And im here in a bathroom while everyone is asleep checking this thread.

All i have to really say is that canada is crazy. Culture shock. Theyre so close to us yet the subtle differences are immense. Yes soap, ive been stuck on kendrick as well. Its funny to hear his heavy kanye influence in hiiipower. Thars where its the most obvious.

Anyways, i'll be bacj monday and i cant wait to just listen to a bunch of music. Sleep well and listen to a bunch of music and reflect on my weekend. Gonna be a great last weekend before school starts up again.

Jane

Smash Hero
Completely irrelevant, but where'd you visit in Canada?
Vancouver. Im completely in love with this city. I cant fathom a better place to live for me. On this continent at least. The city is urban, full of life, modern but has a very original flavor. But everywhere you look there is beautiful wilderness. People love the outdoors here. People love walking their dogs and playing sports and doing outdoors activities. Theres no obese people here, at least in comparison to the states. That really tripped me out.. the whole no fat people thing.

Everyone accepts weed. I got high in an establishment for the first time and it was unreal. The vapor lounge in vansterdam. 5 bucks gets you in for an hour and you get a nice table and couches to chill with your party, and of course a volcano (the ferrari of vaporizors for those who dont know). Sitting in there, chillen with canadians, while harold and kumar played on the tv, and the employees sit at the front counter, an array of snacks of drinks strategically placed behind them, i sat there and experienced true culture shock.

Oh and the women. Dont even get me started on all the beautiful, fit, active women in this city. its impossible to stand outside without seeing a beautiful lass walk by within 5 minutes. And they age wondefully here. Milfs galore and even if they arent milfs, theyre very good looking for their older age. The only downside for me is the almost complete absence of my favorite breed, the latina. But theres enough beautiful white and asian women here to make me forget about that quickly.

Their "ghettos" are laughable. Their violent crime almost nonexistant. Everyone is so... chipper here. Friendly and smiling and, one would think, happy. Just truly happy. This place is ****ing paradise my friends. I fell in love here this weekend. I will be back eventually, for good.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow. i agree. i've been to vancouver before, shoutouts to the women.

there are a lot of beautiful women on the west coast of the usa, but like... if you filter them out and find the nice, cultured ones, you get vancouver.

i used to think canada was mad boring lol but i'd gladly live in the BC area

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahaha nice. i have the best hsien ko in modesto, ca as well!

whatup boofy haha

have had mis-education back in rotation tooo
man.... my favorite album ever. i haven't gotten tired of it since i discovered it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Vancouver. Im completely in love with this city. I cant fathom a better place to live for me. On this continent at least. The city is urban, full of life, modern but has a very original flavor. But everywhere you look there is beautiful wilderness. People love the outdoors here. People love walking their dogs and playing sports and doing outdoors activities. Theres no obese people here, at least in comparison to the states. That really tripped me out.. the whole no fat people thing.

It's illegal to be fat in Canada.

But really, yeah, I've noticed this also.

Everyone accepts weed. I got high in an establishment for the first time and it was unreal. The vapor lounge in vansterdam. 5 bucks gets you in for an hour and you get a nice table and couches to chill with your party, and of course a volcano (the ferrari of vaporizors for those who dont know). Sitting in there, chillen with canadians, while harold and kumar played on the tv, and the employees sit at the front counter, an array of snacks of drinks strategically placed behind them, i sat there and experienced true culture shock.
Well, not everybody accepts weed, but it's nowhere near as big of an issue here as it is in the US.

Oh and the women. Dont even get me started on all the beautiful, fit, active women in this city. its impossible to stand outside without seeing a beautiful lass walk by within 5 minutes. And they age wondefully here. Milfs galore and even if they arent milfs, theyre very good looking for their older age. The only downside for me is the almost complete absence of my favorite breed, the latina. But theres enough beautiful white and asian women here to make me forget about that quickly.
You'll notice this in any major city in general, I'd assume that there'd be a lot more beautiful women in the US, depending on where you live. But yeah.

Their "ghettos" are laughable. Their violent crime almost nonexistant. Everyone is so... chipper here. Friendly and smiling and, one would think, happy. Just truly happy. This place is ****ing paradise my friends. I fell in love here this weekend. I will be back eventually, for good.
Coming from Jamaica, yeah. It's a joke really. I've spent a great deal of time in the states as well, and I don't even believe that anywhere in Canada can be considered a "ghetto" anymore. Nice to see you enjoyed your trip to my wonderful country! I'm actually trying to go to Vancouver as well in the near future, but I think I'd give up going to B.C. for a chance to go to Montreal.

Jane

Smash Hero
You'll notice this in any major city in general, I'd assume that there'd be a lot more beautiful women in the US, depending on where you live. But yeah.
i agree. Theres beautiful women EVERYWHERE. Even in my tiny *** city, there are drop dead gorgeous girls. So the bigger the city the more dimes there will be. Maybe it was just because i was like in a state of enchantment, but i reallly felt the hot to ugly girl ratio was in stupid favor of the hot. Thats what i was getting at.

Anyways, im at the airport in seattle now. I havent slept since saturday night and this was the best vacation ive ever had and certainly the best birthday ive had in my semi-grown life. Not just because of the city but the amazing people i met and experiences i had. Haha but yeah i'll stop using the thread as my personal blog now. I just needed an audience to tell this story to and you guys are the perfect fit for that sort of thing. Im out yall.

soap

Smash Hero
i agree. Theres beautiful women EVERYWHERE. Even in my tiny *** city, there are drop dead gorgeous girls. So the bigger the city the more dimes there will be. Maybe it was just because i was like in a state of enchantment, but i reallly felt the hot to ugly girl ratio was in stupid favor of the hot. Thats what i was getting at.

Anyways, im at the airport in seattle now. I havent slept since saturday night and this was the best vacation ive ever had and certainly the best birthday ive had in my semi-grown life. Not just because of the city but the amazing people i met and experiences i had. Haha but yeah i'll stop using the thread as my personal blog now. I just needed an audience to tell this story to and you guys are the perfect fit for that sort of thing. Im out yall.
does vancouver have a hip hop scene? That's a nice loophole to tie in anything to this thread.

I definitely wanna move somewhere with a more active hip hop scene.

I feel like Cali has hip hop and smash. Knock this bull**** degree out this fall and that's where I'm trying to find work. Or maybe Chicago.

Top Bottom