• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Savon

Smash Ace
I am big on lyrics though, so I am not sure if I will like it. I only heard a couple of songs when I chilled at my friends house. I did not find those few longs impressive lyrically. Bummed if that is the entire CD. I wanted to love HAM and Otis, but they are so lyrically weak

:phone:

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Yeah can't beat his lyricism then compared to now. Speaking of lyricism, idk if you guys know about J. Cole dropping an EP every Sunday called "Any Given Sunday" something similar to the G.O.O.D. Friday series. I checked out 1 and 2 since that's all that's out thus far and the first one had a couple of tracks I've heard before but the other 3 are new and #2 is new material too and it goes pretty ****ing hard. Has me hyped as hell for Cole World, check that out when you get the chance don't know if someone already brought this up.

:phone:
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't like when artists oversaturate us with music. It makes their catalog seem less valuable. Even if it's good. I rather him just combine it all into one or two mixtapes so it can be more appreciated by the people. Dropping something every Sunday comes off as "hey here are some throwaways"

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't like when artists oversaturate us with music. It makes their catalog seem less valuable. Even if it's good. I rather him just combine it all into one or two mixtapes so it can be more appreciated by the people. Dropping something every Sunday comes off as "hey here are some throwaways"
Yeah, but if it's good, it doesn't really matter how it comes off as, does it? In Kanye's case, I like some of those "throwaway" tracks more than the cuts that made the album.

The industry seems to be moving away from albums and more towards singles/ single tracks, anyways.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah, but if it's good, it doesn't really matter how it comes off as, does it? In Kanye's case, I like some of those "throwaway" tracks more than the cuts that made the album.

The industry seems to be moving away from albums and more towards singles/ single tracks, anyways.
Personally I'll take all the music I can from good artists. I'd rather be flooded with good artists with a few bad tracks than bad artists with bad tracks.
This pretty much. Especially since there's not much else around to hold me content lol. Besides he put out maybe a total of 5 new songs or more in these projects and dropping every sunday until September 27th is probably gonna have the quantity that of a mixtape and achieving more buzz and hype toward his album.

Well played, J. Cole.

Carter IV tracklist for anyone who cares, Nas is on it so yeah, I'll listen lol.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/08/lil-wayne-tha-carter-iv-official-tracklist/#more-15995

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I wish Wayne had more songs on his album.. I think he has to many features... I'm also looking forward to Young Jeezy new Album.. Jeezy go Hard....

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Personally I'll take all the music I can from good artists. I'd rather be flooded with good artists with a few bad tracks than bad artists with bad tracks.
true. I was more a long the lines talking about the perception by the people in general. Most hip-hop fans are fickle and they get tired of artists very easily. I was saying that he should slow it down so that people don't get tired of him. But personally, I'll take all the good music I can get, I'm not the type to get tired of an artist.

On another note, who's seen the Otis video??? That video is nice! It's cool to see a hip-hop video that's fun to watch, I feel like that's something we don't see much anymore. I'm still not big on the track, but the song is acceptable to me now after seeing the video.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
I thought for a second he started rapping in dutch lol
looks like nobody knows who he is around here judging from the audience :p
Well if it isn't that guy I look up to as a peer and artist posting on the boards lol.

Yoooo check this Jay Elec, that I had never heard before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpPDH50P74I
check out that other bullitts song with jay elec too 'close your eyes'

and wow I never thought I would hear a por ti volare sample in hiphop lmao

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"And good music as well"

THEN TALK ABOUT THE MUSIC. Listen, everybody in here either does not like you, or doesn't give a **** about you. and since the only thing you've contributed is some joke MLP song it appears to me you don't even really like hip-hop. Whenever you post, it's some pointless crap that has nothing to do with anything. It's disruptive and irritating to everyone who isn't you. stop posting in here unless it is about hip hop or rnb. this is like the fourth time I said this.

anyways. I like the Otis vid way more than the actual song. It's awesome to see Ye and Jay bein boyz. Gives a glimpse into what their relationship is like, and looks like fun. I love the first shot with the saw and the blowtorch, haha.

I also figured out one thing that really disappoints me about WTT is the lack of mid-verse interplay between the two like on Why I Love You. That kind of stuff gives a real sense of them being in the studio spitting together. I was expecting a lot more of that, or even a little bit more and I'm sad that it didn't turn out that way.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
"And good music as well"

THEN TALK ABOUT THE MUSIC. Listen, everybody in here either does not like you, or doesn't give a **** about you. and since the only thing you've contributed is some joke MLP song it appears to me you don't even really like hip-hop. Whenever you post, it's some pointless crap that has nothing to do with anything. It's disruptive and irritating to everyone who isn't you. stop posting in here unless it is about hip hop or rnb. this is like the fourth time I said this.

anyways. I like the Otis vid way more than the actual song. It's awesome to see Ye and Jay bein boyz. Gives a glimpse into what their relationship is like, and looks like fun. I love the first shot with the saw and the blowtorch, haha.

I also figured out one thing that really disappoints me about WTT is the lack of mid-verse interplay between the two like on Why I Love You. That kind of stuff gives a real sense of them being in the studio spitting together. I was expecting a lot more of that, or even a little bit more and I'm sad that it didn't turn out that way.
This post will not solve any problems. I listen to any kind of music. If you are concerned about this, take it to the pm. Arguements are not necessary.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This isn't an argument. I'm telling you what not to do, and you keep doing it, so I keep yelling at you. You stop doing what I told you not to do, and I will stop yelling at you and giving you warnings.

now, ON THE TOPIC OF HIP-HOP AND RNB:

I want to get into R. Kelly joints. Where's the best place to start? I like everything I've heard over the years except Trapped in the Closet lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I dunno why watching rappers stumble over lyrics live is so hilarious to me.

Crooked I does it so often, lol.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
To the person who said Jeezy doesn't go as hard as he used to...

Listen to his newest single "Shake Life" that **** goes too hard.

Blu sucks live according to...Blu LOL, and I wouldn't even doubt it.

Unbiased opinion on the song "She Will" before I listen to it? (THAT MEANS NOT YBM) lol <3 ya man.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Unbiased opinion on the song "She Will" before I listen to it? (THAT MEANS NOT YBM) lol <3 ya man.
Beat goes HARD AS HELL

Wayne's goes in pretty hard. Lyrics are decent. I like "I'm Ray Charles to all this bull****"

The hook is lame as hell but I think Drake is lame as hell most of the time. I hate how it ends with so many repetitions of that corny *** hook

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Beat goes HARD AS HELL

Wayne's goes in pretty hard. Lyrics are decent. I like "I'm Ray Charles to all this bull****"

The hook is lame as hell but I think Drake is lame as hell most of the time. I hate how it ends with so many repetitions of that corny *** hook
The beat is very ****ing nice haha. Wayne, yeah he was okay on the track, I can listen to it he's pretty good on it. As for Drake... yeah he was far too lazy on that hook I mean ****.. makes Over's hook look somewhat decent. He should have done a verse instead and let someone actually sing the hook o-o

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2...?utm_source=diversehiphop&utm_medium=facebook

It.. never.. stops.... :I

rhan

Smash Hero
Sup guys.

Miss me?

If so hit me up with all the latest news and music! I've been deprived!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay. The computer broke down. I'm using this via Wii.

If anyone here listens to Dre's Songs, I think you heard this one:
"Marvin's Room"

Sorry but I can't post the url. Search it if you want.

Top Bottom