• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Jay-z is brilliant but he uses his brilliance for evil. I'm a go with ybm's post.
Lmao sarcasm or not, they do say that he sees the **** that goes on in the industry but does nothing to help it, idk how true that is but you know people talk.

I'ma listen to WTT again today and see if I can put together some type of story or purpose XD

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Jay and Kanye and whoever else is all on the illuminati/satan worshipping **** because it keeps them hot and so they have everyone's attention. There is nothing else more to it. They know so many dumb *****s fall into that crap and buy it so they might as well play to it.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ASU is having a Lupe Fiasco/Jason Derulo show next Tuesday. ASU students get in free and can get 1 guest in for free. I decided to familiarize myself on Lupe's discography before going. I'm really digging Food and Liquor even though I know he's probably just gonna show up with that bull**** from Lasers :(

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Lmao sarcasm or not, they do say that he sees the **** that goes on in the industry but does nothing to help it, idk how true that is but you know people talk.

I'ma listen to WTT again today and see if I can put together some type of story or purpose XD
Yea I love the album. It may be in my top five but I just dont like what their doing in a business perspective. but as you said, people talk. in jamaica we say "money talk, bull**** walk".

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Why would members of a secret society constantly leave clues of membership in songs and videos?

They're milking the rumors, imo. Makes no sense otherwise.

:phone:

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Jay and Kanye and whoever else is all on the illuminati/satan worshipping **** because it keeps them hot and so they have everyone's attention. There is nothing else more to it. They know so many dumb *****s fall into that crap and buy it so they might as well play to it.
Yeah pretty much this as I was saying before.
Yea I love the album. It may be in my top five but I just dont like what their doing in a business perspective. but as you said, people talk. in jamaica we say "money talk, bull**** walk".
Mhm I don't think they are illuminati or satan worshipers but pretty much what LT said, using it to their benefit because *****s are ****ing stupid and it keeps them more relevant than they already are lol.
ASU is having a Lupe Fiasco/Jason Derulo show next Tuesday. ASU students get in free and can get 1 guest in for free. I decided to familiarize myself on Lupe's discography before going. I'm really digging Food and Liquor even though I know he's probably just gonna show up with that bull**** from Lasers :(
I wanna get into ASU so bad for fall classes, still waiting on my transcript from my high school to get down here... how come my college one couldn't have just had that **** together or something, ****.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
The best secret is the ones that are known about and the ones who still don't believe. I think Jay Z is an amazing artist and Super Creative. But the kind of messages it sends subliminally are super crazy. Using it for publicity is good in all but that don't sound like Jay to me. I know they usually ignore that kind of stuff.

Honestly I believe both Jay and Ye can come out and say " we are apart of a Secret Society" and depending on how they say it people will probably laugh it off, when they were being honest. People are so stupid. It's a part of mind control, there are messages everywhere. I mean C'mon now, what the hell does that "on to the next one" video have to do with the song. It's been like over a year and ya'll still going in with those devilsih tactics...? C'mon Son...

If someone walks like a Boss, talks like a boss, works like a boss... then obviously that *****s is a boss. Sometimes you gotta look at things for what they are...instead what you're thinking they are trying to do...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The best secret is the ones that are known about and the ones who still don't believe. I think Jay Z is an amazing artist and Super Creative. But the kind of messages it sends subliminally are super crazy. Using it for publicity is good in all but that don't sound like Jay to me. I know they usually ignore that kind of stuff.

Honestly I believe both Jay and Ye can come out and say " we are apart of a Secret Society" and depending on how they say it people will probably laugh it off, when they were being honest. People are so stupid. It's a part of mind control, there are messages everywhere. I mean C'mon now, what the hell does that "on to the next one" video have to do with the song. It's been like over a year and ya'll still going in with those devilsih tactics...? C'mon Son...

If someone walks like a Boss, talks like a boss, works like a boss... then obviously that *****s is a boss. Sometimes you gotta look at things for what they are...instead what you're thinking they are trying to do...
Those Words i'd like to hear sometime.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Those Words i'd like to hear sometime.
Stop posting in this thread right now.

What in gods name are you talking about? what's your point? What is "looking at things for what they are" exactly?

Mind control, for what exactly? Are you just taking issue with the un-Christian motifs that are present in their music lately?

Anyways, I don't know about Jay, really, but I feel at times that Kanye has just lost his religion. I don't think he's a satanist, I don't think he's an illuminati guy (whatever that entails), but he is not the same person who wrote Jesus Walks. He clearly holds a lot of beliefs that most people consider tasteless and immoral and ever since the **** with his moms, his art has taken a fairly dark turn. I think it is all just a part of his healing process.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
We'll what i posted was a rap song. It does have to do with ponies, but that doesn't mean you should take this very seriously.

If this really ticks you off so much then let me say this to you, Chill.
I'm not even repeating the posts i made. Just. Chill.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I understand.

We all do some crazy things.
This will die off real soon so you don't need to worry. :)

This is way off.

Anyone knows whats up on 50cent right now?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
:]
There are no ****ing churches in the wild !

Uhh MLP dude, 50's been around. Making some dope ****, and some wack ****. My favorite thing from him recently is "Raid" with Pusha T, and Outlaw.

Also I'm looking for Beats for my next project. So if you're raw on the sticks hit a ***** up, my buzz is going ^^^^^^ :D

P.S- Watch The Throne 8.5/10

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Listening to Sir Lucious Left Foot for the first time since I've heard such great things about it from this thread and the review for it give it critical acclaim. Plus Big Boi isn't known for bad music, so why not lol. So far I'm enjoying it.

Edit: It's cool thus far in, up to track 9, Hustle Blood. It's cool so far but I can't see myself putting this over MBDTF at all for albums of 2010. Still cool nonetheless.

And finished, pretty solid release. :o I'd have it up there as one of the best releases of 2010. Sounds just like he did in a decade ago flow wise which is a good thing lol.

Savon

Smash Ace
I loved Sir Lucious Leftfoot. I pretty much can enjoy all of the tracks, although Night Night went the hardest.

Also **** MLP.

Also Get Rich or Die Tryin was one of the hardest rap CDs I ever listened to before 50cent became lame

Also LT hit the nail on the head about Kanye West. He is NOT the same. Hard to bElieve he is the guy in the song Roses. I kinda stopped liking him after his mom died. Twisted Fantasy had some gems, but he has not been the same since

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I loved Sir Lucious Leftfoot. I pretty much can enjoy all of the tracks, although Night Night went the hardest.

Also **** MLP.

Also Get Rich or Die Tryin was one of the hardest rap CDs I ever listened to before 50cent became lame

Also LT hit the nail on the head about Kanye West. He is NOT the same. Hard to bElieve he is the guy in the song Roses. I kinda stopped liking him after his mom died. Twisted Fantasy had some gems, but he has not been the same since

Pretty much yeah, probably got a bit crazed when his mom died. His music is still great nonetheless, 808's sucked compared to the rest of his albums but MBDTF is on College Drop out and Late Registration caliber.

But you still see parts of him in songs like Mama's Boyfriend and all, I think the twisted **** might be a faze really.

Jane

Smash Hero
i love mamas boyfriend. And i love 808s too while we're on the subject. It isnt of course near his other three albums, but i very much appreciate it as an r&b/electric fusion album. It reflects well on what he was going through at that time.

I love kanyes music so much. When it comes down to it hes my overall favorite rapper. Hes elevates the gane and at the same time brings a lot of controversy. Its good i like it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ye is definitely my favorite mainstream artist period. He clearly has so much passion. The music/art is his life. I have nothing but respect for the dude no matter what dumb stuff he may say.

If only he would get a little more lyrical again, like he was at points in College Dropout, then he'd be a total hiphop king.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
And 'Ye has been prolly the only thing I've been bumping since my computer went out of commission about 4 weeks ago :c

Jane

Smash Hero
oh and i forgot to mention that i love watch the throne. Honestly i had set no bar and really had no "expectations" for it, and it definitely impressed me. I am big on beats, and flashy, nontraditional beats work really well in my opinion. Very electronic beats i am also fond of so beatwise, the album is a true thing of beauty for me. As far as production i give the album a 5/5. I know i'll be listening to this album for a good while (and cannot wait to bump the dlckens out of it when i get home).

Lyrically speaking, its not that great. But its still jay and ye, so you know theyre gonna go hard and work well with each others vibe and energy. Plus i know the more close listens i give it the more quality bars will reveal themselves. Always do with those two. Alone or together.

Favorite track? I'm pleasantly surprised to see none of you guys mentioned it in your standout tracks, its who gon stop me. The song they sampled, "i cant stop", is one of my favorite dubstep songs, so i was reaply happy when i heard that song. Plus the beat takes a "dark turn" in the latter half and i love me some mid-song beat changes (granted it fits. This one does).

Least favorite? Otis. If it wasnt for the excellent beat, i would skip it completely. the lyrics are lazy and unfocused. Not that they have to be focused, per se, but i just didnt feel they put in a real effort in the song.

Overall, A-/B+. I love it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If only he would get a little more lyrical again, like he was at points in College Dropout, then he'd be a total hiphop king.
This.

I love his beats and am overall a fan of his catalogue, but if he were to get back to the lyrics the way he used to while keeping the content he has now, it'd only help his versatility.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah can't beat his lyricism then compared to now. Speaking of lyricism, idk if you guys know about J. Cole dropping an EP every Sunday called "Any Given Sunday" something similar to the G.O.O.D. Friday series. I checked out 1 and 2 since that's all that's out thus far and the first one had a couple of tracks I've heard before but the other 3 are new and #2 is new material too and it goes pretty ****ing hard. Has me hyped as hell for Cole World, check that out when you get the chance don't know if someone already brought this up.

soap

Smash Hero
I might be the only one in here that hasn't listened tot WTT yet

my laptop got ****ed and I don't wanna listen to it on youtube in ****ty quality. Cuz I'm most excited about the production.
(on library cpu's)

I've been kinda hypnotized by Section 80 though. My album of the year so far.

hyped for Cole tooo, been checking those Sunday joints. He's just giving away stuff that didn't quite make the project, which has me hyped for the stuff that did.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Soooooooo.. that was a weird *** album. The production was amazinnggggggg. 'Ye was meh on the lyrics, Jay was aight. I liked..

No Church in The Wild
Gotta Have It
Welcome to The Jungle
Why I Love You

And some more but I don't feel like listening through them again.

I gotta listen to the album again when a million people aint texting me though. But overall 8.5/10. :D

Top Bottom