• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Meek Mill's music turns me into some sort of criminal/murderer/steroid abusing lunatic.

My goodness I'm A Boss makes me so hype.

Jane

Smash Hero
i like the beat to i'm a boss but i don't like the actual song. i'm glad you're coming around to MMG though :D

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman

i just thought i'd share some gems from way back. all of these came from that one specific page i got taken back to. also in that same page there happened to be a drunk post by me, lol.

posted by law2222, sound providers - they call me..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdeKTOyh8c
lol randomly lurking and saw this. I'm pretty sure that was like my only post in this thread.
i used to lurk here all the time and then i just stopped for some reason but im gonna start again cause i need some more music. seriously this thread has helped me find so many great artists thank you guys

soap

Smash Hero
checking out snoop's latest album that I never even heard about lol

He's old and stuff but he's making fun music and not taking life too seriously, even if he has been rapping about weed for over a decade. If ur still smoking, why not keep singing about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBTjHoqQoc

Only Detox track I heard was I need a doctor, and that kinda just came off as corny to me.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
production on WTT is next level ****. but some of the lyrics on the album seriously disturb me #illuminatiswag

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
9th hit the nail on the head on Twitter:

9th Wonder said:
Thank you God for giving me the ability to listen to music objectively, despite how big the artist is...
I'll check it. I probably won't see the hype.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't htink that's actually Ghostface. if it is that is awesome. the guy who wrote it is spot on though. if you read it in Ghost's voice it sounds spot on.

alright, Watch the Throne time! this should be interesting. I got no love for Jay but I would probably have sex with Kanye if he wanted me to, so I don't know what to expect.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
London is literally burning people. The block is hot.
Stay safe man.

Watch the Throne is alright. Didn't blow me away on first listen, but it will be worth another spin at least. No Church in the Wild is the standout for me, I really like the lyrics in that one. HAM is amazing. What a ridiculously epic beat. I hadn't heard that until today so I'm really impressed.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I've been hearing mad good **** about Watch the Throne, and luckily for me I just got a new laptop today! :D I'ma download that **** ASAP because I'm poor as hell right now because I paid for it myself. I just gotta sort out some problems with this being a new computer and all to my iPod and I should be fine and set to listen. ;)

I've heard That's my ***** months ago and that's a sick song, Otis is pretty chill as well. I'm anticipating listening to the rest of this album from the hype I've seen surrounding it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
First impressions: I like New Day, it's really chill but still kinda quirky like RZA's production often is. I don't really like Otis that much tbh, it's not bad though. No Church in the Wild is good. That's my ***** is also good.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
ahaha i find it funny that "no church in the wild" is my **** too.. then i'll give it to "primetime" after that.. all my freinds like "niqgas in paris".. its only decent imo.. first listen its a disappointment to me though.

Linguini

Smash Master
WTT the album of the year thus far for me. I was really impressed by jay and yey's wordplay, and especially yey's production on it.

My favorite songs are

new day- this RZA beat is nastyyy, and the autotune parts actually work really well

n!ggas in paris- hit boy murdered this beat, and yey's verse is hilarious. bumped this in my car today and I felt like the **** lol

why I love you- mr. hudson mans the hook as flawless as anyone can and both dudes spit some real stuff on here.

dopeness.

Jane

Smash Hero
London is literally burning people. The block is hot.
**** is crazy over there mang..

i busted out laughing during waynes verse and cory's made it even better.

AYO AYO AYO AYO, I CAME BACK TO PREACH ON WATCH THE THRONE

Frank Ocean for new producer/singer of the year.

Also, most poignant line in the entire album... Jigga saying "Wasn't I good, king?" and Kanye responding to him right after. Damn.
duuuude! i forgot about you but now that you came back i realize i missed you hahah. stayyy!

also, everyone and their moms is talkinga bout WTT, i need to cop that ish tomorrow.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
First listen all the way through for Watch the Throne, weirdest **** I've heard in a while, better than I expected but that's not saying much lol.

No Church In The Wild
Lift Off
New Day
That's my *****
Murder to Excellence
Made in America

Are the songs that I like. The rest of them are just plain weird or so... Why I love You is just... idk lol not weird but it just doesn't seem to fit. I'll listen to the bonus tracks when I wake up maybe, I've already heard HAM and They Joy so it's just the other two that I gotta listen to.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It also seems like they lose direction of where this album is going after *****s in Paris, just seems like a compilation of songs to me.

Also I think they're just being provocative on this album and humoring illuminati and free mason accusation with some of these songs.. If you listen close lmao either for their own amusement, to work to their advantage in sales, maybe both? Idk just me lol. Especially those pics with the album :/

:phone:

Top Bottom