• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Cole also revealed that even though we’re only weeks away from his album’s release he’s still waiting to receive a verse from Jay-Z.

“I haven’t even heard his verse. He [Jay-Z] got five days to turn that in,” Cole explained. “I don’t know if I like need to change my verse yet or not. If he tries to kill me then I’mma change my verse. Yea, I’m not going out like that. The hook is on there and everything so he’ll get it.”
http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=16175

Did Cole just say Jay has to do something?

LOOOOL.

Jay is a bitch. Straight.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
So....

We, my crew, were walking to my crib teh other day. And I noticed some dude checking out my home boy. So I hit the curb ready to jump this skinny white mother****er. He went up to my friend asking where he could find some reggie or dro. We didn't say anything even though our other homeboy sells all that ****. Then he tried to get us to buy some for him we were like wtf no. We thought this crack head mother****er might be a cop so we were careful. But this man kept twitching so it was funky. Then this dude pointed to his nose and asked for "Toot". LOL!!!! We were like you ain't even gonna find that **** around here. Then he was like man **** this, so my ******* friend walked with him and probably got him some dro.

Just random story to keep you entertained for 30 seconds.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yup...>>>

This **** is legit, Alby. You're on point lyrically in this whole project and there's a lot of variety on here.

Came out just in time, too. Was gettin bored with my music selection...got something new to spin for awhile now, lol.

:phone:

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Dling nowwwww
Word man? Preciate that from the heart haha~
Make sure to let me know what you think :]

Yup...>>>

This **** is legit, Alby. You're on point lyrically in this whole project and there's a lot of variety on here.

Came out just in time, too. Was gettin bored with my music selection...got something new to spin for awhile now, lol.

:phone:
!!!
Thanks fam. I really tried to put all the tracks in an order that would emphasize how cohesive and fluid I wanted it to be. Really glad you enjoyed it~

soap

Smash Hero
been listening to old *** random Nas freestyles and cyphers for the past hour. They are all so good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS73S0w1eJM&feature=related

"Dyck of gold dig a bigger hole in your soul, que pasa, Pablo's Throne, Cabrone."

lol

then somehow thru related vids I stumbled on Lil B rapping over One Mic....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxE5CwnmLCI&feature=related

I was gonna excommunicate dude if he clowned around on one of my favorite songs, but he went in hard as he could. Cool concept too. It was like I Gave You Power. Takes balls to use that beat too...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Thanks fam. I really tried to put all the tracks in an order that would emphasize how cohesive and fluid I wanted it to be. Really glad you enjoyed it~
Yeah, it flows well. On my 4th listen now, and there's definitely that cohesion here.

The variety is really impressive to me. Quite a few different types of tracks on here. Kinda something I wish more of my favorite rappers could learn to do, lol.

Every track is a "I GO HARD!" track, which they do well, but it gets boring when EVERY track is that way.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Y'know, I might have to knock MBDTF down as my favorite rap album from last year to make place for Sir Luscious Left Foot. If not the best it's still the most overlooked major release from last year. The mixing/mastering is a hundred times better than Ye's. So hot.

I want some new Outkast dammit

Jane

Smash Hero
i love sir luscious left foot, but i wouldnt put it above mbdtf. simply because there isnt a track i don't like on mbdtf, whereas there are 2 or 3 skipables on sir luscious left foot for me. you are definitely right that it was mastered way better though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It has a few skippable tracks, but it also has way more tracks than MBDTF. I only think Blame Game is particularly weak from that album, but it's a long track and takes up a good portion of the running time.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Y'know, I might have to knock MBDTF down as my favorite rap album from last year to make place for Sir Luscious Left Foot. If not the best it's still the most overlooked major release from last year. The mixing/mastering is a hundred times better than Ye's. So hot.

I want some new Outkast dammit
You're not the only one. I just bought all of their albums and been on a binge lately. Aquemini is easily in my top 10 hip hop albums. SLLF is so underrated. I'm still irritated by all these people who keep saying "This album was dope but Andre would've made it better" or some kind of variation to that. But, Big Boi already has already confirmed that Outkast will dropping another album and that Andre will be releasing his own solo rap album(still skeptical about this).

Also, Blame Game is definitely the weakest track. It's not a weak track in general, it's just weak for the album. Either that or Lost In The World. Overall, MBTDF > SLLF for me. I haven't listened to SLLF in a while though so I'm kinda biased.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
we should make a small song for Jane.

happy birthday
have it your way
nah it ain't bk
so dj replay.

Jane

Smash Hero
Hahah thanks guys! But actually its not my birfday JUST YET. I dont know how i managed to **** up my birthday when i first made an account here, but yeah my bday is aug 13th, not the 2nd :p

soap

Smash Hero
Hahah thanks guys! But actually its not my birfday JUST YET. I dont know how i managed to **** up my birthday when i first made an account here, but yeah my bday is aug 13th, not the 2nd :p
lol Prince E just told me to change my birthday to August 8th....

*****'s crazy

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So

Odd Future is coming to a sorta local venue. Then, two days later, Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, and Tesseract are playing at the same venue. For non-metalheads, this is a huge deal because all of these bands are exceptional. This is like Nas, Big Boi and Aesop Rock all touring on the same bill. I'm most likely going to take off that whole week so i can see OF and BTBAM in the same week. I'm so stoked.

Top Bottom