• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joe usually does 2 hour sets. Compare that to most rappers (who aren't super big) I've seen who do 30 mins-1 hour tops. Joell, Royce and Cole all performed less than Joe does and charged about £20. It's worth it man. Hit his manager Crystal up on Twitter, she usually answers questions. Ask how long the show will be. Hit up Joe's manager @crystalisaacs

It'd be worth it.

I'd go in a heartbeat.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
He's on that whole "I'm amazing and you're not" tip that every rapper is on, lol.

Except he's not boring with it.

Lmfaooo....B.Pumper....

soap

Smash Hero
I don't think they grew apart. Nas is just ****ing weird. Seems like he never wants to work with the producers everyone wants him to work with. Besides, A Kanye produced Nas album sounds good but I don't really think it'd be as dope as others. They don't mesh as well as kanye/jay or Nas/Premo. They sounded good on We Major and Poppa Was A Playa (Kanye used an alias for this track. Don't know why.) but Still Dreaming is such a boring track to me. If they did an album and it had the same feel as Still Dreaming and The World, I wouldn't be too interested....I'll still cop it cuz it's Nas, though.
That's not weird, he just doesn't wanna be put in a box and make the same music for decades.

Either that or the child support is getting to him and he doesn't wanna spend the money on Kanye :embarrass:

Nas could honestly work with any producer he wants tho. I saw some picture of him in the studio with diplo a while back. Either way I'm excited.

I'm hearing rumors about Jay-Z and Kanye producing a Blueprint 4 album.

is this true?
If watch the throne sounds like this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLsHP94bvXs
:urg:

although I've been listening to this song alot recently from the early jay kanye days
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-tqRzenPQ

but I think that style is in the past for both of them. They have the potential to make some new age classic **** tho.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
That's not weird, he just doesn't wanna be put in a box and make the same music for decades.

Either that or the child support is getting to him and he doesn't wanna spend the money on Kanye :embarrass:

Nas could honestly work with any producer he wants tho. I saw some picture of him in the studio with diplo a while back. Either way I'm excited.
I can understand not wanting to be put in a box but he hasn't worked with Premo since Stillmatic. That's 10 years ago, mayne. He hasn't worked with Large Professor since then either. After that, he kept working with Salaam Remi and now he's paling around with Damien all the time. I can agree with him working with any producer he chooses though because he sure as hell saved The Cross, even with Eminem's simple and wack *** instrumental. Nothing could've saved Zone Out, though lol. I have to agree with Premo in that if Nas assembled the crew from Illmatic, he could make another classic...Unless they all produce some beats that sound like Illmatic, in which case I'd be highly disappointed.

I'm hopeful that he finally does another track with AZ. Kinda sad that AZ was practically begging him on twitter to hop on a track with him. Come to think of it, he hasn't worked with AZ either for damn near 10 years.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
He's on that whole "I'm amazing and you're not" tip that every rapper is on, lol.
something a bout this dude's flow really bugs me. I can't put a finger on it.

my fav Jay and Kanye track is definitely Never Let Me Down, for life. they'll never recapture that magic, imo. J Ivy helped a lot. and that song probably has my favorite Ye verse ever.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I agree with you 1000 percent LT. That track still gives me goosebumps... it shows so much passion and you can hear it when he spits his verse.

Jane

Smash Hero
If watch the throne sounds like this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLsHP94bvXs
:urg:
...this song is awesome though, lol. but yeah a lot of people dislike it.

checking never let me down now.

also, i'm gonna see mac miller, but more importantly, pac div, in november. yay.

oh and guess who else i'm gonna see? blink 182 :awesome: :awesome: i can't wait.

edit- oh, THAT never let me down. meh. was never too big of a fan. interesting to see two people who really love it though.

soap

Smash Hero
Aw jeez that song used to get me so hype. Might be my favorite college dropout track, followed by 2 words and the outro.

Not a track on there I don't like tho.
:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
I get off a late *** shift last nite at like 4 am, I'm in the mcdonald's drive thru blasting ny state of mind, cop behind me in the drive thru puts his mother****ing brights on, I turn around and he tells me to turn it down... I get my food, crank it, and speed off, he has to either pull me over or get his food. He chose the latter, the fat ****....

I hate the ****in bobbies

I feel like he violated the sanctity of the whip

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
See what happen was my last Yun avatar was corrupt so I had to get a new one.

LOL Kage avatar. The warrior in shock.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I put in the (I'm not gay) on my location because about 60% of the melee community is homosexual and I see that in tournaments. A man jumping on another mans back just because he's glad to see him? I don't role like that. So when I go to Apex, I'm looking for girls in the brawl area for my brake.

soap

Smash Hero
giving another man a hug does not make you gay

don't listen to me tho, all I do when I go to tournies is **** dudes....

lolol, double entendre don't even ask me how

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I'll observe everyone when i get up their in January.

I mean its plain to see, there has been many times i see comments from male players saying Mango I wanna have your babies just because Mango is playing so well.

I'm not gonna call any names but I saw someone kiss someone else at the first ROM just because the player said I'm using Falcon.

Sometimes I have to mute my laptop because my dad is around.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I get off a late *** shift last nite at like 4 am, I'm in the mcdonald's drive thru blasting ny state of mind, cop behind me in the drive thru puts his mother****ing brights on, I turn around and he tells me to turn it down... I get my food, crank it, and speed off, he has to either pull me over or get his food. He chose the latter, the fat ****....

Yeah, NY State Of Mind can do that to you. I've had a few street races when that song plays. Sometimes, the person doesn't even know i'm racing them *shrugs*.

Jane

Smash Hero

lmaoo, whenever theres bacon in the vicinity i instantly just turn down my music. i really dont wanna get pulled over for that bull****. now, if we're at a red light, and theres a lot of cars and i know theres no way he can tell which car its coming from, then i bump away :yeahboi:.

jizz face Kage.

Your location is funny.
haha, that avatar is too ****ing funny. do you know what was happening at that moment that made kage make that face?

because about 60% of the melee community is homosexual
LOL whatt? naw man. melee community (and just smash community in general) is just very... tolerant of gay things being said for the sake of humor. comfortable with the sexuality is all. but 60% homo is just waaaay off. 60% sexually frustrated perhaps, but outright gay? naa dude, lol.

You going to a video game tournament to pick up women? That's depressing.
hahah, na i think hes just saying that the few girls that exist in the smash community are almost all brawl and not melee.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
IDK what match it was.

At the last tourny i was at there was madddd fine girls. I was like WTF???

Yo, Re flex (the brawl PT player) girl got a SUPER PHATTY.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The girls I saw were def older than me. They all looked good but there were only 3. One had a thong on, I was like "WTF? Smashers get *****es".

I honestly think that will never happen again though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Thats how white people act bro.
lol qft

but nah, it did take some getting used to. the smash community just loves doing gay **** as a joke especially in new england.

not a big deal when yu realize that thats just way ppl act sometimes

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Gay Hugs.

Has anybody seen the Documentary they released about the Iron Mic Battle: Eli VS Envy?

It's actually pretty interesting. They give you the whole backstory, how it blew up, Eli cursing nonstop lol, the gay hug, and what they think of it now. They even break it down line by line.

http://vimeo.com/26585091

You can watch it there, or you can just go to

allhiphop.com

It's one of the headliners there. It really gives you a sense of how much this battle really meant. Eli is The People's Champion.

Top Bottom