• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Hopsin disses Tyler, the Creator

Hopsin >>>>

I hope Tyler ACTUALLY fires back. It's been way too long since anyone in Hip Hop with lyrical talent has gone bar for bar against anyone else with lyrical talent. Hopsin appears to be down for the bull****.

Good for Hip Hop if this happens, imo.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

Hopsin >>>>

I hope Tyler ACTUALLY fires back. It's been way too long since anyone in Hip Hop with lyrical talent has gone bar for bar against anyone else with lyrical talent. Hopsin appears to be down for the bull****.

Yoooo where is it?

Yo, why niggas hatin on Tyler? Seriously. Because they don't share the same views?

Anyways that nigga can eat a dick.

And I got blue balls like a muh****in them ****s hurttttttt.

T3h Albino

Smash Master

jk

I'm kinda stoked
Preciate you fam ! :]

If it's as good as some of the stuff on your channel which I just checked, I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I really liked your freestyle over Tron Cat.
It's way doper than what I've been uploading imo :] !
and thanks man, i didn't think many people were feeling it. Glad you liked it

Hopsin >>>>

I loved this verse, but beef is kinda lame now a days...
Still ****s with hop though
#funkvolume

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think Tyler is just "ok". I love his message and the unique (as far as hip-hop goes) viewpoint he presents but I don't really feel his flow and delivery very much, and all the songs on Goblin sound alike. Will Bast*rd change my mind on this?

I never even heard of Hopsin but his style is pretty dope. The majority of the song doesn't even seem to be dissing Tyler at all, lol. some of it reminds me of a dude version of nicki minaj ahaha

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Bas*ard is wayyyyy better than Goblin dude.

And how does Her, Tron Cat, Windows, and Golden sound the same at all? Because they don't... at all. Those songs are nothing alike.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i dunno. it's not an album I listened to that much.

I didn't listen in depth because it bored me the first listen through so I just kinda tried to give it another chance and got bored again so I said F it. I like Sandwitches. Yonkers is ok. Radicals is ok. the rest of it blends together and makes me bored. Tyler's delivery always sounds the same. It's supposed to be hard and angry as hell but it gets redundant and less effective as a result. Rapping about ****** women and killing people, or hating your parents hasn't interested or excited me since like MMLP. I was just joking earlier about I'm Gay> but now that I gave both albums several listens I definitely stand by it for real.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Whatever. Golden, Windows, Her still have nothing to do with ******, killing, or hating your parents.

But I've been avoiding arguing about rap for a reason soooooooo...

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Earl > ******* > Goblin (As far as earl and tyler are concerned)
Throw Mellowhype and Frank Ocean in and it gets a little weird
Throw in Casey Veggies and I'm not sure anymore~

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Throw Mike G and Domo in and you get a cluster**** of talent. Seriously, Domo is so damn underrated. Have you ever heard Tang Golf? Damnnnnnn. Mike G needs to work on his flow but lyrics are tight as ****.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Whatever. Golden, Windows, Her still have nothing to do with ******, killing, or hating your parents.

But I've been avoiding arguing about rap for a reason soooooooo...
Okay, 3 songs out of 15. My bad.

There's no need to be so defensive! I know I was the same way a page or two back but I've learned now! Even though I don't like Goblin that much, life is still good isn't it?

I like Hodgy Beats alot. his verse on sandwitches is the best thing on that album as far as I'm concerned.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Defensive? Yooooo, I'm never defensive. I did feel kinda weird starting that sentence with whatever.

But yeah, if you wanna get technical Goblin, Nightmare, AU79 (lol), She, and BSD have nothing to do with that **** neither.

Just sayin.

But if you like Hodgy, cop BlackendWhite. It's prolly my most listened to album from OF (only rivaled by *******).

Yellowhites pretty good too.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I loved this verse, but beef is kinda lame now a days...
Still ****s with hop though
#funkvolume
I love a good diss track, especially after a volley or so. It forces both sides to step their game up because their respective fanbases are the judges. Been so long since a legit beef has happened.

LT, you should definitely give B*stard a listen. I rarely ever find myself just listening to a song or two from it; it's usually the entire thing.

In other news...Grafh >>>
Black Milk >>>
Elzhi >>>
Kendrick Lamar >>>
Mac Miller >>>

Loving hip hop right now. Nothing like reacquianting yourself with a genre you've fallen behind on...

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
I work a night shift till like 3 am, then I have class at 8 am, so I just stay up studying till then, pass out after, or else I'll sleep thru it.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
yea for real. but seem like kanye and nas grew apart and nas is working with Damien Marley all of the time. I hear this a lot on the jamaican entertainment news.

Jane

Smash Hero
yo everytime i listen to all the GOOD friday songs i fall more in love with kanye. 99% of the featured artists' verses are bodied too.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I don't think they grew apart. Nas is just ****ing weird. Seems like he never wants to work with the producers everyone wants him to work with. Besides, A Kanye produced Nas album sounds good but I don't really think it'd be as dope as others. They don't mesh as well as kanye/jay or Nas/Premo. They sounded good on We Major and Poppa Was A Playa (Kanye used an alias for this track. Don't know why.) but Still Dreaming is such a boring track to me. If they did an album and it had the same feel as Still Dreaming and The World, I wouldn't be too interested....I'll still cop it cuz it's Nas, though.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I don't think they grew apart. Nas is just ****ing weird. Seems like he never wants to work with the producers everyone wants him to work with. Besides, A Kanye produced Nas album sounds good but I don't really think it'd be as dope as others. They don't mesh as well as kanye/jay or Nas/Premo. They sounded good on We Major and Poppa Was A Playa (Kanye used an alias for this track. Don't know why.) but Still Dreaming is such a boring track to me. If they did an album and it had the same feel as Still Dreaming and The World, I wouldn't be too interested....I'll still cop it cuz it's Nas, though.
How the **** does Still Dreaming bore you? That song's dope as **** to me.

:phone:

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
So, Joe Budden's supposed to be performing in Atlanta. Tickets are $30 but they won't tell me a location until I actually buy the tickets. It'd be ****ed up if the show is like 3 hours away from my house.

Top Bottom