• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, his hooks are pretty dope. They all add something to the song, don't really sound corny, and just sound good to me. His beats could be better overall, but they're not bad to me.

I definitely see the late 90s early 2000s comparison. Nothing wrong with that tho, imo. If they sounded like most hooks I hear now, I prolly wouldn't like them.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You like him because he saved hip hop.

Sometimes a hook will redeem an otherwise terrible song.

I think "We Made You" has a brilliant hook. If Em wasn't on it at all it would be a decent track.

"Shine Blockas" and "See Me Now" are two recent examples where the hook overshadows all of the verses, imo.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I dunno what you edited. I was watching that **** carefully too.

And Jane, Beyonce on any hook is gonna be good. I mean... It's my ****ing Beyonce.

soap

Smash Hero
I enjoy Blueprint more, but that doesn't make it a better album.

SSLP is better than MMLP, IMHO. Both are still amazing as ****.

Game had The Documentary. Y'know. How We Do? With 50? Hate It or Love It?

Illmatic >>>>>>>>> IWW/Stillmatic.

Lupe, Snoop, Dr. Dre, DMX, Jeezy and Kendrick Lamar only help to prove my point

Exceptions would be Wayne, Ross, Big Sean, T.I., Outkast, and Ludacris.
Well first, I'm sick of this, "I enjoy X more, but Z has more critical acclaim so it's better." Although I understand the dynamic you are arguing. RD has that 'classic' feel to it, but it doesn't have as much fun replay value. Although Blueprint is better imo for that exact reason. It has fun tracks as well as a classic feel. The hidden tracks at the end are a perfect display of the dynamics of the album. Afterr Mama loves me which is a great way to end the album, he throws on lyrical exercise which is technical display, then ends on a happy vibe with girls, girls, girls, remix. First half Reasonable Doubt starts out amazing, then kinda drags on. I just think music should be appreciated on how it hits you personally. If you like the whole vibe of RD thru-out then it is better, but you said yourself you enjoy blueprint more...

anyways

I was just saying that artists don't all go downhill after their debut. You were just making it seem like debuts are typically far and away the best. Follow-up albums are just a different cup of tea. Kanye, Nas have both dropped hella classics since for example.

and whoa KL just dropped how u know the next one won't be better? Goin thru the mixtape back-log right now and being continually impressed. Dude's got crazy flow variety, with engaging storytelling. I can only see him getting better.

can't stop listening to Opposites Attract

and my Nas rankings keep changing lol. It is too mood dependent. Right now it would be like stillmatic = illmatic > IWW > god's son > lost tapes > untitled

Distant Relatives is separate. Been listening to the QB tape recently actually lol. I also realize ranking albums at all kinda goes against what I was jus talking about, but it is still fun to do.

monsterrrr post cuz I have a study block right now.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I totally agree soap. People get too hung up on critical acclaim, and also get hung up on the word "best" I don't feel the need to elaborate when I say I'm Gay is the best hip hop album I've heard this year. That's because it's true to me. It doesn't matter what Pitchfork or Source thinks. At the end of the day, you're the only one there.

Jane

Smash Hero
time for random music dump.

drake - headlines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcA_jNYeWCs

after that song, i'm definitely looking forward to his next album. really love the vibe of that song.

40 glocc ft. a whole buncha *****s - welcome to california
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0alJ1KxD7-8

the beat is really nice. and there are some nice verses here and there.

showbiz & A.G. - you know now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIR7gPb1rRc

some classical ish, except with a different beat. really nice. and if you like the song check out the original, because the original beat is dope as **** too.

wale ft. lil duval - fairy tales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yziUbBFyzw

love the way wale rides this beat.

Jane

Smash Hero
really? xD what is it like a parody of him or something? lmao.. well then i take back all the mean spirited things i said about him.

soap

Smash Hero
ya it's not really him but that **** was stillll funny as **** namsayin

"14 H.A.M. – This joint is still ***. Id rather listen to a whole Tyga mixtape son."

o my

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yeah, it's a parody. In fact, I think they once got in some trouble for using his name like that.

that ****'s funny though

Made in America: "I think Wiz Khagina is scissorin wit Amber Rose to this **** rite now as we speak yo. This **** sounds like two *****s hang glidin over the ocean together at sunset holdin hands son."

soap

Smash Hero
I thought it was him as I was reading thru it. Made it alot funnier.

dude was kinda on point with alot of this review tho.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Finally heard Watch the Throne for myself...

Great album, imo. Pleasantly surprised to hear some nice flows, lyrics, and actual content in the music. Good variety, GREAT production...holy ****...both Kanye and Jay finally brought me some heart-felt verses instead of that half-***** **** they like to put out.

Gonna be spinning this for a minute...9/10

:phone:

Savon

Smash Ace
Working on my mixtape College Swag, but I hate the sound of my voice and my delivery feels....off. So frustrated

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Finally heard Watch the Throne for myself...

Great album, imo. Pleasantly surprised to hear some nice flows, lyrics, and actual content in the music. Good variety, GREAT production...holy ****...both Kanye and Jay finally brought me some heart-felt verses instead of that half-***** **** they like to put out.

Gonna be spinning this for a minute...9/10

9? Too high, son. It's an 8 on it's best day. It's dope, but it's definitely got it's fair share of problems here and there.

Top Bottom