• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Then what are you basing your stuff on?

I really do not care if mashing "will more often than not provide terribly suboptimal results". I've dealt high DPS ever since I started realising how to actually play the game, as in 3 years ago, so it's never really affected me.

It's got me there, and I guess it doesn't take you "skilled players" there.
Progression raiding in Heroic Firelands.

Progression raiding in Heroic Firelands.
Sigh. I really don't give a damn.

Initially I just gave my two pence as to what I did in PvE to attain top damage done, and it's always worked for me, never failed me once. I've tried rotations a few times and they haven't worked for me.

Thus, I took the idea that it worked properly for others. Which I also take from some of my IRL friends trying out mashing instead of rotation as well.

Sorry you had to get irked by the fact I don't bore myself with rotations.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Sigh. I really don't give a damn.

Initially I just gave my two pence as to what I did in PvE to attain top damage done, and it's always worked for me, never failed me once. I've tried rotations a few times and they haven't worked for me.

Thus, I took the idea that it worked properly for others.

Sorry you had to get irked by the fact I don't bore myself with rotations.
Wow, you're actually just goddamned stupid.

Just because you cannot wrap your hand around the proper priorities (Rotations are a thing of the past) does not mean that mashing is a good thing nor that you should recommend it to others. What is "top damage"? How do you know that's what you can put out at maximum? And, most importantly, why is learning to excel at something boring for you?

As somebody posting on a site primarily for competitive gaming I'm kind of surprised at the immense scrub attitude there.

Regardless, you shouldn't be giving DPS advice, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wow, you're actually just goddamned stupid.
Wow, you're actually getting mad at this?

As somebody posting on a site primarily for competitive gaming.
Alright well that's a real sweeping generalisation.
You do realise that not everyone on here plays games competitively?
Nevermind, don't respond to that. I'm not starting an argument regarding this site.

Now that you've admitted that, I can say that I am no competitive gamer. Guess we're arguing from two completely different stand points here.

I took from my personal experience like you take from yours, although obviously enough, a filthy casual such as myself can't give proper advice.

Edit: Smooth Criminal, if he's even bothered to read all of this garbage that we're arguing over, should at least try mashing and then rotations, and see what fits him.

And don't bring up "why don't you try rotations?" either, because I have already and I don't prefer them.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Now that you've admitted that, I can say that I am no competitive gamer. Guess we're arguing from two completely different stand points here.
Yes, one is good advice to give in a game in which performance causes people to not remove you from groups, and the other is inane stupidity based on laziness.

Gosh calm down.

I've never been removed from groups because of the way I play.

And this is a video game, I play WoW for fun and only fun. Hate to bring this up, but am I supposed to not be lazy in a video game?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've removed people from groups if they are incompetent, and I am not that competitive in WoW.

I spend most of my time trolling

I mostly use my rogue for trolling purposes. The fact that we can vanish and remove all magical DoTs really pisses some spellcasters off.
And if you're a Dwarf rogue, then you can remove ALL DoTs.

I do miss the days of stunlocking though. I always kept stunning up to about 10+ seconds on some people if they didn't use their trinket.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So, who else here is Horde?
I was, long ago in the days of Vanilla. Ah, to be a UD rogue again, rocking Subtlety and stunlocking people outside of AQ / BRM for hours.

Those days are long gone, though. Waggle4lyfe.

I want patch 4.3 out already.

I love the idea of transmogi-thingamajig, but the only complaint I have is the fact that a lot of people might just look the same if they all choose similar tier sets. I just hope that it isn't just another homogenisation of the population.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want patch 4.3 out already.

I love the idea of transmogi-thingamajig, but the only complaint I have is the fact that a lot of people might just look the same if they all choose similar tier sets. I just hope that it isn't just another homogenisation of the population.
How is that different than now?

The only difference now i that people that aren't level 85 aren't wearing a tier set while people that are 85 are wearing the tier set or the better version.

This IS going to be more diverse, since I've already seen people in disagreement in which armor looks the best

Except Warlocks, they almost universally agree that Deathbringer Garb is the best

Deathbringer is the one of the best warlock sets ever, I'll definitely agree with that, but it's not the best IMO.

Actually, I'll list out my opinions on the best looking tiers for each class:

PvE Edition

[collapse=Paladin: Lightbringer]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Priest: Transcendence]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Rogue: Bloodfang]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Shaman: Erupting Volcanic]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Warrior: Destroyer]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Warlock: Corruptor, but Deathbringer comes close]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Death Knight: Valourous Scourgeborne]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mage: Tempest]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Druid: Nightsong]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Hunter: Cryptstalker]
[/collapse]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm getting the new mage tier for my mage. It's a gnome, so it matches perfectly

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm in Hydraxis. I'm still in 352 gear, my account has been "Frozen" for a couple months since I don't have the time to play it right now.

Main is a dwarf hunter, or undead death knight. Whichever

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Started playing again, haven't played since WotLK.
Main is only level 71 (Gnome mage), and I'm running into the same problem I had before I stopped playing.
Grinding levels with endless quests is horribly boring for me. Queuing up BG's whenever I'm on is tons of fun. Leveling through BG's is just awfully slow it seems. I do like doing dungeons, but unless I can get a group from my guild together for one I'm looking at like 20 minute ques on my server unless I'm on at peak hours which I can rarely do.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
4.3 is going to make leveling through Outlands/Northrend a helluva lot easier.

Questing is, unfortunately, still the fastest way to level.

Smooth Criminal

Teth

Smash Rookie
4.3 is going to make leveling through Outlands/Northrend a helluva lot easier.

Questing is, unfortunately, still the fastest way to level.

Smooth Criminal
I've always been a quester. Chaining dungeons is really monotonous and it burns you out of it for level 85 in my experience. I didn't hear anything about the Outland/Northrend leveling thing, though - source?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I like the sound of that. Won't make me enjoy going through quests any more, but at least I won't have to do it for as long.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wish I could start farming stuff for my Druid, bank's full :(

Did an ulduar achieve run the other day (only needed Yogg and finally got that jerk downed) I won one of the rogue tier recolours, this thing.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45893#screenshots

Figure it'll be cool to use and make a rogue/evil looking transmog set for my druids resto gear :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm in Hydraxis. I'm still in 352 gear, my account has been "Frozen" for a couple months since I don't have the time to play it right now.

Main is a dwarf hunter, or undead death knight. Whichever
Can you freeze your account now, to save playtime? That would be awesome.

What would be more awesome is if they lowered the $15 a month price.

I haven't played in over a year. I was in the cata beta which was cool, but then stopped because I got tired of waiting. I appreciate how blizzard takes their time to make stuff good, but if I lose my hype, I lose interest. I was SUPER excited for Cat but it took so long that I just quit and uninstalled :3

So, have I missed anything good?

Teth

Smash Rookie
Can you freeze your account now, to save playtime? That would be awesome.

What would be more awesome is if they lowered the $15 a month price.

I haven't played in over a year. I was in the cata beta which was cool, but then stopped because I got tired of waiting. I appreciate how blizzard takes their time to make stuff good, but if I lose my hype, I lose interest. I was SUPER excited for Cat but it took so long that I just quit and uninstalled :3

So, have I missed anything good?
The new raids are really fun IMO. Talent trees are bumpin'. Caster DPS legendary staff, muuuuuuuch better stats now, leveling's SO much better now it's not even funny.

Also, Alysrazor is the most fun fight ever made ever ever EVER if you're a fire mage. 1s Pyroblast casts e.e

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What exactly made leveling better? I know that the leveling speed has gone up multiple times, but what else?

Leveling in WotLK was fairly fun, especially since the quests were SO much more interesting. What I played of cata was pretty cool too (just vash, wish i had gone to like mount hyjal, or the twilight highlands were open when i played)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You probably saw this in Vash, but quests are a lot more streamlined, no random "Hey man, saw you walk by, kill 5 boars for me" There's a solid story in each zone and the quests are all tied together to create a rather cool narrative.

Next patch they're adding a Looking for Raid finder much like the LF Dungeon tool, so that people who might not be able to raid with guilds/guild is still working on older content can run the Deathwing Raid (the LFRaid has weaker gear than regular and heroic versions to compensate for it generally being easier)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
There's a Deathwing raid?

But yeah, quests in WotLK were much better like you said.

Top Bottom