• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

For racials?

Human plus anything. An extra PvP trinket is always handy.

As for a specific class? Give Rogues a shot. Fair warning: They're a pain in the *** to level.

Smooth Criminal
lol waaaaaaaaat

1-60 is just practically one-shotting everything if you have the proper gear.

Posting pics of a few of my characters in a second...

[collapse=My Paladin, this obviously isn't his real gear though.]
[/collapse]

[collapse=My Rogue, has better enchants now.]
[/collapse]

[collapse=My Mage, also has better enchants now.]
[/collapse]

I'd also post pics of my warrior and warlock, but I have to be off to bed now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite classes to play are hunter and shaman.

I also like mage and warlock, they are a close second.

HATED playing as Paladin. I took out an entire dungeon with me as healer and tank and one DPS, but I STILL hated it

>_____>

You lie!
I guess you don't load up on heirlooms.

Because my rogue was easy to level with those.

My favorite classes to play are hunter and shaman.

I also like mage and warlock, they are a close second.

HATED playing as Paladin. I took out an entire dungeon with me as healer and tank and one DPS, but I STILL hated it
lol
Paladins are so utterly overpowered these days. In PvP I have a lot of trouble killing Holy paladins because they never run out of mana and their heals are way too big for my DPS to outmatch.
Granted, that's only if they have enough resilience, otherwise I take them out with ease.
I mean my main used to be a paladin, and he's still my first character, but paladins definitely get boring to play.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually...!

I have all of the non-PvP Wrath heirlooms. I stocked up!

...it's mainly ennui. Plus I have a hard time killing one target in a throng of many without bringing down retribution on my head. Rogues and groups of mobs do not mesh.

Not surprisingly, I had no difficulty leveling my Hunter (my once-main and first max level toon) and my DK (my current main whom I leveled with heirlooms). I like things with toools and survivabilty and stuff.

I'll post pics/links to my toons later.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had full shaman heirlooms, which is weird because I didn't have a shaman until Cataclysm.

I must have planned to make a shaman early on and just never got around to it.

I don't have hunter heirlooms because Hunter is the first class I leveled to 85. I also don't have Rogue heirloom which made leveling him a *****.

...My warrior heirlooms were in my mailbox for more than 30 days when my account was frozen

Yeah I don't have time for PvE so pretty much all of my iLvls that are high are because of PvP gear.

But I think I now officially have 5 85s with iLvls above 358.

And I did that in the summer, now I don't really have the time for that either.

;_;

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
didn't know smashers played this game.
before you ask; no, i don't pve.
my chars
new main druid http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Noodlesoop/simple

Pally http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Knitephox/simple

DK http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Kimboslyce/simple

Shaman http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Quicksnipe/simple

Mage http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Wokongrnmile/simple

Shaman Healer Affliction lock with pretty much any other dps is an amazing 3s comp right now...having trouble getting past 1900 on my resto druid because of it. Mastery for shaman is way op.

on the topic of leveling, the most fun classes to level at the moment are, in my opinion... Arc Mage, Feral Druid, Frost/Blood DK. All of those have a really low learning curve to kill mobs bosses or players, they all heal themselves really early on (Glyph of Evo for mages) and thus require little to no downtime. Plus with the way coefficients are setup for their spells, you put out so much damage right away at levels below 80.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked leveling my unholy DK. I guess I was just use to using pets since my first character was a hunter.

Summoning a massive horde of undead allowed me to take out things my hunter needed other players assistance to take out

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't PvE either. Not in this expansion, anyway.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Mockmaw/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Mihai/simple

My DK is well on his way to badassery. I just need a good 3's comp that suits him (prolly a TSG team) so I can get the rest of the top-end gear. Oh, and I need to reforge/'chant his gear.

(I have the Ruthless helm, btw, I just don't have it equipped.)

I haven't really touched my Hunter PvP-wise since I got him to max level. I just kinda let him sit there. Probably going to be going back to him very, very soon; after all, he's my baby and he deserves some love.

Smooth Criminal

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
my druid is resto, not bad mannered feral.

DW frost procs Killing machine more, but 2h puts out more damage overall, i have tried both. you should try it yourself, smooth.

and ur dk spec doenst have 1min strang OR desecration. WTFBBQSAUCE u must not keep up on the standard specs

Okay well I hate druids in general so I still don't like you.
In fact, I almost despise resto as much as feral, because all you people do is jump around spamming your stupid little HoTs.

IMO remove them from the game but obviously that isn't going to happen.

I've even tried leveling one and I'm so utterly overpowered that it's less fun than being a ROGUE or even a MAGE.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I used the Desecration spec that everybody else used for a while and while I really liked it, I kept running out of Runic power wayyyyyyy too quickly. The spec I'm running with right now ensures that I'm gaining Runic power at a premium (thanks to Scent of Blood). Moar Runic power=moar Frost Strikes. Once I get around to Reforging my gear into a Mastery dump, I'm going to be hitting like a Mack truck every chance that I get. With the frequency that Killing Machine procs while Dual Wielding, I'll be getting that chance quite a lot.

I'm not against following other advice, tho'. I'mma make my off-spec a 2H Frost spec but with the 1 minute Strangulate (like, seriously, I didn't even notice) and/or Desecration. I have an overabundance of honor and I might as well spend it on a 2H weapon.

Thanks for the heads-up, Knite.

Edit: Omnicron: There's a Necrotic Strike for that. :3

Smooth Criminal

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK, Furor, DK extraordinare here. There is no reason to use 2H Frost anymore; DW is superior in damage output in both PvE and PvP. They don't even play differently anymore, it's just that DW hits harder and procs KM more. No downside.

@Smooth: The SoB / 1min Strang spec is super super inferior for the role you are brought into PvP for, which is control. The ability to AoE snare / single target root / AoE freeze (Though this has been nerfed qq) and decent burst are what Frost DKs are all about right now.

Signed,
A guy who's been playing Frost since Naxx 3.0 (qq 0/32/39)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Correction:

It absorbs all incoming heals for X amount (can't remember atm). So, yeah, it's pretty handy.

@ Thio: What do you suggest, then? I run out of Runic power really fast. I'm either ****ing up my rotation, or it's the spec. Help me out here, bro.

Smooth Criminal

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Correction:

It absorbs all incoming heals for X amount (can't remember atm). So, yeah, it's pretty handy.

@ Thio: What do you suggest, then? I run out of Runic power really fast. I'm either ****ing up my rotation, or it's the spec. Help me out here, bro.

Smooth Criminal
Rotation? In PvP? Bwaaaah?

First off, what abilities are you using and in what situations?

Okay, no it isn't handy at all.

Last Necrotic Strike absorption I saw absorbed 7k-8k heals, which is utter crap.

It's because it's affected by the player's resilience.

Up against someone with 3k resil or more, Necrotic Strike absorbs a negligible amount. And even before that, it didn't absorb much.
Three of the healers on my previous BG team said that NS doesn't trouble them much. One of them was even geared in 339s.

By the way, it absorbs 0.7 x AP amount of healing.

On another note, I hate being poor.
I only have 7.7k gold on my Horde main, and I'm too reluctant to spend any of it on enchantments.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Okay, no it isn't handy at all.

Last Necrotic Strike absorption I saw absorbed 7k-8k heals, which is utter crap.

It's because it's affected by the player's resilience.

Up against someone with 3k resil or more, Necrotic Strike absorbs a negligible amount. And even before that, it didn't absorb much.
Three of the healers on my previous BG team said that NS doesn't trouble them much. One of them was even geared in 339s.

By the way, it absorbs 0.7 x AP amount of healing.

On another note, I hate being poor.
I only have 7.7k gold on my Horde main, and I'm too reluctant to spend any of it on enchantments.
NS used intelligently allows for a burst target. In BGs this is much harder but it is very difficult to CC multiple healers at once to allow it to stack, but in arenas the effect is very easy to see. A healer coming out of a full cyclone to see 30k healing absorb stacked up essentially has no chance to heal their target before he dies.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate fighting paladin healers, they are a ***** to kill in pvp

Anyone know anything about twinking? My Shaman healer was unbeatable in early dungeons and I want to know if they are good for pvp early on.

Earth Shield on a target in pve at least, made sure they were at full health at all times and I didn't even have to do anything but kick back and watch

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just wanted to throw this out there at work for a placeholder for a more detailed post later, but I just wanted to clear up something: I know rotation is the wrong word to use! XD

Simplified: Chains of Ice, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Necrotic Strike, Howling Blast x n (where n is the number of times it takes me to get full Runic power) Pillar of Frost/ strength trinket macro, (KM proc) FrostStrikeFrostStrikeFrostStrike, etc. I do other stuff in-between (Chains of Ice again, Dark Simulacrum, Mind Freeze, Icebound Fortitude, Anti-Magic Shell, Ghoul/Ghoul sack, Hungering Cold) as necessity dictates.

Halp.

Smooth Criminal

NS used intelligently allows for a burst target. In BGs this is much harder but it is very difficult to CC multiple healers at once to allow it to stack, but in arenas the effect is very easy to see. A healer coming out of a full cyclone to see 30k healing absorb stacked up essentially has no chance to heal their target before he dies.
I note you said "used intelligently".

A lot (being about 7-10) of DKs I've seen in PvP (specifically Arenas) either don't use the stacking effect correctly or they don't use it at all.

Being up against both Unholy and Frost DKs from the perspective of my rogue in Arenas, I haven't seen Necrotic Strike used on me very frequently, even when my pally healer was out of it for a good 10 seconds. He was Cycloned, then Strangulated, then Cycloned again and I didn't see my health go down much, even with the DK beating on me. Granted, he was an Unholy DK and I timed Cloak of Shadows just after he spread his diseases all over the place.

I don't know though, I saw that DK geared in full Vicious, maybe his not-readily-visible gear was not up to par.

Unholy kind of sucks compared to Frost anyway.

Just wanted to throw this out there at work for a placeholder for a more detailed post later, but I just wanted to clear up something: I know rotation is the wrong word to use! XD

Simplified: Chains of Ice, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Necrotic Strike, Howling Blast x n (where n is the number of times it takes me to get full Runic power) Pillar of Frost/ strength trinket macro, (KM proc) FrostStrikeFrostStrikeFrostStrike, etc. I do other stuff in-between (Chains of Ice again, Dark Simulacrum, Mind Freeze, Icebound Fortitude, Anti-Magic Shell, Ghoul/Ghoul sack, Hungering Cold) as necessity dictates.

Halp.

Smooth Criminal
>not using Obliterate

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Omnicron, you mean well but Oblit is painfully situational.

Smooth Criminal: Don't get a static rotation into your head. You will not always use the same sequence, and it's important to keep in mind the new rune system. You want to FS only when you have two runes of the same type on cooldown. You also don't want to instantly use runes when they become available. Setting up burst sequences with your teams' cooldowns and CC is more important than constant damage. The peels from Desecration matter much, much more than another FS or two on your current target.

Honestly, though, I don't know where your problem is. I never had RP issues; it was more lining up Oblits on cloth/leather without using the runes for CC and similar situations.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
-_-

Why would I blow two Runes on one attack, especially when it nets me only a little bit of extra damage in a short amount time? Consecutive Frost Strikes do more overall damage over time AND they cost less. Obliterate got nerfed hard, bro.

I dunno, that's my rationale.

@ Thio: Thanks for that. I'll definitely be changing things up on my end.

As far as the RP issues? I dunno, honestly. I could blowing CDs on stupid **** and flatlining it. Just need to be a little more aware, from what it sounds like. Amongst other things.

Smooth Criminal

fkacyan

Smash Hero
-_-

Why would I blow two Runes on one attack, especially when it nets me only a little bit of extra damage in a short amount time? Consecutive Frost Strikes do more overall damage over time AND they cost less. Obliterate got nerfed hard, bro.

I dunno, that's my rationale.

@ Thio: Thanks for that. I'll definitely be changing things up on my end.

Smooth Criminal
Obliterate is fantastic against rogues, mages, and cat druids. That's really it.

>still not using Obliterate

In the greatest of honesty, I just mash whatever's available and I get the top damage done in quite a lot of BGs.

I'm not kidding.

Mashing whatever's available also works in PvE.
And take that from a person who mains DPS specs in all of my classes.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
>still not using Obliterate

In the greatest of honesty, I just mash whatever's available and I get the top damage done in quite a lot of BGs.

I'm not kidding.

Mashing whatever's available also works in PvE.
And take that from a person who mains DPS specs in all of my classes.
That might get you far in the wonderful world of PuGland, but in any organized fashion mashing will more often than not provide terribly suboptimal results.

I beg to differ.

Although I've only raided BoT and BH, I can say that, even with an average iLvl of 353 or so, I was in the top three of dealt damage as a Paladin.

Edit: I wasn't in a PuG, I was raiding with my guild, and of them they tend to have better PvE gear than me because I don't raid. So either I've just had experiences with crappy players, or I'm just lucky.

Then again, I wouldn't really care because I don't have time for "proper" raiding.

In fact, every raid I've ever been in, guild or not, I've been in the top three DPS.

Except on my Fury warrior.

I hate Fury sometimes.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I beg to differ.

Although I've only raided BoT and BH, I can say that, even with an average iLvl of 353 or so, I was in the top three of dealt damage as a Paladin.

Edit: I wasn't in a PuG, I was raiding with my guild, and of them they tend to have better PvE gear than me because I don't raid. So either I've just had experiences with crappy players, or I'm just lucky.

Then again, I wouldn't really care because I don't have time for "proper" raiding.

In fact, every raid I've ever been in, guild or not, I've been in the top three DPS.

Except on my Fury warrior.

I hate Fury sometimes.
Your personal experience literally does not matter. PuG raiding is so far behind the DPS curve that nobody in your raids was likely in the 60% percentile for DPS on the bosses.

I don't say this to be mean, but you're giving bad advice based on personal experience when your personal experience is completely worthless to base advice on.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
OK, Furor, DK extraordinare here. There is no reason to use 2H Frost anymore; DW is superior in damage output in both PvE and PvP. They don't even play differently anymore, it's just that DW hits harder and procs KM more. No downside.
as a frost dk you're not going to be on target all the time like a pve mob. yeah more procs, but with 2h u do more damage while on target. if the opposing team is any good at all (if you wana play serious arena/rbgs) you WILL get rooted/slowed and time on target is EVERYTHING.

Your personal experience literally does not matter. PuG raiding is so far behind the DPS curve that nobody in your raids was likely in the 60% percentile for DPS on the bosses.

I don't say this to be mean, but you're giving bad advice based on personal experience when your personal experience is completely worthless to base advice on.
Then what are you basing your stuff on?

I really do not care if mashing "will more often than not provide terribly suboptimal results". I've dealt high DPS ever since I started realising how to actually play the game, as in 3 years ago, so it's never really affected me.

It's got me there, and I guess it doesn't take you "skilled players" there.

Top Bottom