• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I hate the Draenei mounts :(. They look like a cross between a ****** elephant and an antallope...

I heard that Draenei will be able to be Shamens, and Blood Elves to be Paladins. Previously classes only avalible to only Alliance OR Horde. This true, or have I been mistaken?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea man you late on stuff but it is true and there is also tier 4 and tier 5 coming out in expansion..

theres a new honor sytem all honor kills have been reset and there is now 41 point talents ... !

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
Anybody still play WoW?
I'm a Gladiator Frost Mage on Shadowsong, Horde side.
Looking for more people who play WoW as well as Smash, lol.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
@mintzsquee I also play wow
holy priest on tichondrius, horde
although I think it would be better to create a new thread, considering how old this one is
and the original purpose for it was for updates on wow

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Posted this in a new thread, but apparently we prefer digging up old threads here :p

I'm not too sure if there's a large number of people here who have WoW, but would like to hear the opinions of others who've played it, ie. not naysayers hatin' on it

What are some of your interesting stories? What do you like/dislike about it? Do you play and will you be playing in the next expansion? And anything else you'd like to add.

Following are some of my experiences:

I played a 70 Hunter in BC. My guild's hunter officer didn't like me outdamaging him as BM so they made me spec Surv. I liked the uniqueness of my role of debuffing bosses to help out my comrades and also the fun of gearing towards stacking agi.

I really liked the diversity of the raid zones; an old abandoned mansion filled with ghosts, an underground watery cavern, an electrical floating building, going into the past to fight in a mountain range, the high temple of the enemy of the game (for that expansion).

When WotLK hit I played an 80 Paladin. I played as Protection hoping to hold the uniqueness of tanking large groups of enemies when necessary on particular fights. However, more effective AoE abilities were given to the other tanking classes.

In WotLK on my way to raids I got to fly over ice to the 1st tier raid, the 2nd tier raid, the 3rd tier raid and not only on the way to the 4th tier raid, but there was plenty of ice inside it too! This isn't mentioning the journey to the 2 side raids fighting single dragons where I got to fly over ice.

I no longer play WoW and don't think I will in the coming Cataclysm expansion. Now that classes have been homogenised so much, I don't think I'll be able to experience playing a more unique role. Also as it is the original world getting revamped, the scenery will be rehashed and familiar to me.

TLDR; BC - I got to be unique and it had good scenery, WotLK - everyone's the same and repetitive scenery.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
TLDR; BC - I got to be unique and it had good scenery, WotLK - everyone's the same and repetitive scenery.
Sounds to me like you didn't stick around for anything past patch 3.1. Nor did you realize that Northrend, y'know, is a ICY CONTINENT.

In BC...yeah, I'd rather not be Sunwell'd and be forced to have specific classes for specific things. Kthx. Versatility =/=bad.

Here's an idea: Why don't we just take away BC and Wrath's advancements and go back to the days of Vanilla? I'm sure that'll tickle your fancy!

Edit: I also think find it amusing that you're still under the impression that other classes have better AoE tanking than a paladin. Lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. Paladins are easy-mode tanks for huge groups of mobs now. Read the patch notes.

Smooth Criminal

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Sounds to me like you didn't stick around for anything past patch 3.1. Nor did you realize that Northrend, y'know, is a ICY CONTINENT.
Yes I stuck around for Arthas10 but nothing past that (a few H10s and N25s though). I know it was an icy continent, but I think that is was possibly a bad idea because of the lack of diversity. Had they not been lazy with ToC they could've the empty temple in Gundrak into a troll raid to diversify the graphics and enemy you're fighting.

In BC...yeah, I'd rather not be Sunwell'd and be forced to have specific classes for specific things. Kthx. Versatility =/=bad.
Whilst I never made it into Sunwell it did seem to make Shaman's too necessary and Mages gimped. The problem here is I think they tuned the content 'too hard' to necessitate these things. However in WotLK most people seem to agree they over-corrected from this and tuned content too easy.

Here's an idea: Why don't we just take away BC and Wrath's advancements and go back to the days of Vanilla? I'm sure that'll tickle your fancy!
There's no need to be a smartarse about it. I never said I was against development of the game, just my personal preference of the diversity of the map and amongst classes/specs was more in favour of BC content. Other people are allowed to place their value in the experience of the game in different areas.

Edit: I also think find it amusing that you're still under the impression that other classes have better AoE tanking than a paladin. Lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. Paladins are easy-mode tanks for huge groups of mobs now. Read the patch notes.
I know that they still have the best, but other tanks are comparable/close now. eg. say Paladins are 100 AoE ability, then other tanks are around 85ish rather than 60ish pre-WotLK. (purely arbitrary numbers and definition for the sake of discussion)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes I stuck around for Arthas10 but nothing past that (a few H10s and N25s though). I know it was an icy continent, but I think that is was possibly a bad idea because of the lack of diversity. Had they not been lazy with ToC they could've the empty temple in Gundrak into a troll raid to diversify the graphics and enemy you're fighting.
I wish they went with the originally planned Azol Nerub raid instead of merely turning it into a couple of 5 mans. :(

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
I wish they went with the originally planned Azol Nerub raid instead of merely turning it into a couple of 5 mans. :(
I thought they'd originally planned on having the 5man Azjol'Nerub and Ahn'Kahet and then elaborating the plot with a raid instance before ICC. It was interesting how they brought back Anub'arak in ToC in an underground area. Possibly they'd designed his fight and part of the zone but got lazy and slapped ToC together to spend more development time on ICC/Cataclysm?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I also felt like ToC was a disappointment, but it was a success in general imo. It was a more welcoming raid for casual guilds and pugs, plus it brought back gdkp runs (and more gold for me :D).

h anub can die in a ****ing fire though

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
I also felt like ToC was a disappointment, but it was a success in general imo. It was a more welcoming raid for casual guilds and pugs, plus it brought back gdkp runs (and more gold for me :D).

h anub can die in a ****ing fire though
As you might've gathered - I hate stagnant zones. Halls of trash is better than boss after boss imo because you get a change of scenery. But yes loved the easy gold from pugs when ICC was current content.

I never got to but apparently H.Anub25 was insane at appropriate gear level. Overall I guess they did allright in WotLK by making it accessible (possibly too much) to newbie raiders and ridiculously challenging for the hardcore raiders, ie. 25 Yogg-0 Light, H Anub and H LK.

Lovage

Smash Hero
punk ****** i'd **** ur joke *** hunter

in tbc when i played :)
GLADIATOR SEASON 2 WHATU KNOW ABOUT IT?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
boback told me you were asking him for 2s advice earlier this year

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At this point World of Warcraft seems to be dying. I keep seeing links to "And Blizzard has lost hundreds of thousands of more players" all the time.

What they really need is to start on WoW 2, but it seems their next MMO is going to be a completely new franchise. ...I'd rather have WoW 2

IGN was reporting about Blizzard laying copyrights to something called "Mists of Pandaria" which they think is going to be a new expansion pack. I don't think new expansion pack is a move in the wrong direction, though it could tie down players until the sequel comes out. If it ever will

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Guys i need advice.......................

So ive been inactive for about a year, but today my friend tells me that my character has bee online for 3 days straight in Uldum... I check the armory and find out that my specs have been changed as well as my professions. They switched to mining and maxed it out in three days... All my gold is gone, but my bags are full of elementium ore (spelling?)... i ask a guy and he says i could probably get around 40g per stack in the AH...

so as you should already know my password still works... naturally i change it and i contact blizzard...
is there anything else i can do???

ALSO:

pretty sure it wasnt phishing software, because i hadnt logged onto my character in almost a year... i was hoping the hacker put in money into my account, but he was only using the rage of the firelands 10 day trial :/

its weird... the thing im most pissed about is that the son of a ***** messed up my action bars and erased everyone in my friends list... and my gold :[

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You got haaaaaacked. That sucks.

Get an authenticator, bro. It's free if you have a smartphone, and five bucks if you don't (it comes as a little keychain).

Smooth Criminal

finalark

SNORLAX
So does the Sword of a Thousand Truths really exist in this game?
No. Everything South Park tough you about WoW is wrong. You cannot grind to 60 by killing a bunch of boars because eventually they stop giving EXP all together. There is no Sword of a Thousand Truths. The griefer in the episode appeared to be playing a human mage/rogue/whatever and would not be able to attack the protagonists' characters because they are on the same faction.

There's more, but I can't think of any.

Christ I'm bored :/

EDIT: Although that episode was still funny as hell.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No. Everything South Park tough you about WoW is wrong. You cannot grind to 60 by killing a bunch of boars because eventually they stop giving EXP all together. There is no Sword of a Thousand Truths. The griefer in the episode appeared to be playing a human mage/rogue/whatever and would not be able to attack the protagonists' characters because they are on the same faction.

There's more, but I can't think of any.

Christ I'm bored :/

EDIT: Although that episode was still funny as hell.
Oh well then **** this game, I actually thought that WoW was awesome for a second there

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/13/blizzard-confirms-the-sword-of-a-thousand-truths-is-real/

heh

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh well then **** this game, I actually thought that WoW was awesome for a second there
Well, that's what you get for thinking the real thing was like South Park :/

Although it is an awesome game if you have the attention span for it. Last night I was up 'til 4 AM running dungeons on my Rogue with my friends. WoW LAN party FTW.

That never made it into the final game.

I can't really say what exactly I main because I play so many different classes.
Oh, and by the way, you're kind of wrong about mages.
Note kind of.
As a frost mage, I can say I don't die anywhere near as quickly as if I were Arcane or Fire.

But yeah, I have 5 level 85s, and I've played each one pretty extensively.

Each a different class of course.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
lol wat.

Mages are good, sure. But the second you get within melee range they're are dead faster than you can say "man, **** (opposing faction).

Take it from a guy who mains a mage.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

There is so much wrong with this statement, Final. Mages are ridiculous in PvP, especially Frost Mages. Doesn't matter if the Mage is squishy when the melee class can't get in melee range to land a single hit on 'em.

Warrior charges in on you? Possibly eat a shattered Ice Barrier if the warrior hits the Mage hard enough (at the very least he'll be slowed just by hitting the Mage), Elemental Frost Nova (or you can just Frost Nova), Blink away, spam Frostbolt. Deep Freeze him, Ice Lance spam...ad nauseam. Oh, and maybe he'll pop Mirror Image plus Ice Block if he gets in trouble. Maybe.

(If the Warrior is smart, he'll use Shield Wall and Spell Reflect at key points in the Frost Mage's rotation, preferably when they try to Deep Freeze/Ice Lance. Even at THAT, though, Warriors have a helluva time staying on top of Frost Mages that do it right.)

Paladin comes at you? Pretty much the same thing as above, only a Paladin actually has a gap-closer (Hand of Freedom) that'll keep him trucking. Too bad you can still kite him just as easily as you can a Warrior. The biggest one-up that Pallies have, however, is their Bubble. It's much easier for Pallies to reset the fight in this way and keep going after the Mages.

Rogue? You better hope you can kill him in the initial volley popping out of stealth and/or that you're specced Subtlety. Otherwise you're going to have it worse off than a Warrior. Cloak of Shadows is your best friend here.

Enhancement Shamans? Not too bad. Drop Grounding Totems, Purge the Mage's Barriers, Wind Shear when they get antsy and cast spells, MAKE THEM TASTE THE FURY OF THE WIND A HUNDRED MILLION TIMES, etc. Not too much I can say here except that, again, they can be easily kited when all of their cooldowns are blown.

Death Knights? Anti-Magic Shell is amazing. Pop that and lemme just waltz right into melee range unimpeded. Drop your Rings of Frost, your Frost Novas, your Frostbolts...whatever. I'm still coming after you, as long as I have Anti-Magic Shell up. I also have a Mind Freeze and a Strangulate to keep your sorry *** from casting spells. Hell, I even have slows/snares (Desecration, Howling Blast, Chains of Ice) that'll make me force you to blow Blink preemptively so I can just Death Grip you back over.

My thoughts are a little disorganized at the moment, and I apologize for that. I didn't really get into other, more generalized specifics like popping trinkets/racials at the right time nor did I cover the other specs pertaining to those classes that I listed. I also didn't cover other ranged classes and what they can/can't do against Frost Mages. But, really, if ya'll wanna know anything just drop me a VM or a PM.

Edit: I'm not saying that Mages aren't squishy, but Frost Mages in particular have a lot of tools to keep them alive and out of trouble.

Smooth Criminal

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
You got haaaaaacked. That sucks.

Get an authenticator, bro. It's free if you have a smartphone, and five bucks if you don't (it comes as a little keychain).

Smooth Criminal
It actually turned out fine :)

I talked to a GM and returned my missing items/gold...
He also forgot to take all the stuff that the hacker had obtained...
so i went from 800 gold to 5000 gold :cool: **** yeah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

There is so much wrong with this statement, Final. Mages are ridiculous in PvP, especially Frost Mages. Doesn't matter if the Mage is squishy when the melee class can't get in melee range to land a single hit on 'em.

Warrior charges in on you? Possibly eat a shattered Ice Barrier if the warrior hits the Mage hard enough (at the very least he'll be slowed just by hitting the Mage), Elemental Frost Nova (or you can just Frost Nova), Blink away, spam Frostbolt. Deep Freeze him, Ice Lance spam...ad nauseam. Oh, and maybe he'll pop Mirror Image plus Ice Block if he gets in trouble. Maybe.

(If the Warrior is smart, he'll use Shield Wall and Spell Reflect at key points in the Frost Mage's rotation, preferably when they try to Deep Freeze/Ice Lance. Even at THAT, though, Warriors have a helluva time staying on top of Frost Mages that do it right.)

Paladin comes at you? Pretty much the same thing as above, only a Paladin actually has a gap-closer (Hand of Freedom) that'll keep him trucking. Too bad you can still kite him just as easily as you can a Warrior. The biggest one-up that Pallies have, however, is their Bubble. It's much easier for Pallies to reset the fight in this way and keep going after the Mages.

Rogue? You better hope you can kill him in the initial volley popping out of stealth and/or that you're specced Subtlety. Otherwise you're going to have it worse off than a Warrior. Cloak of Shadows is your best friend here.

Enhancement Shamans? Not too bad. Drop Grounding Totems, Purge the Mage's Barriers, Wind Shear when they get antsy and cast spells, MAKE THEM TASTE THE FURY OF THE WIND A HUNDRED MILLION TIMES, etc. Not too much I can say here except that, again, they can be easily kited when all of their cooldowns are blown.

Death Knights? Anti-Magic Shell is amazing. Pop that and lemme just waltz right into melee range unimpeded. Drop your Rings of Frost, your Frost Novas, your Frostbolts...whatever. I'm still coming after you, as long as I have Anti-Magic Shell up. I also have a Mind Freeze and a Strangulate to keep your sorry *** from casting spells. Hell, I even have slows/snares (Desecration, Howling Blast, Chains of Ice) that'll make me force you to blow Blink preemptively so I can just Death Grip you back over.

My thoughts are a little disorganized at the moment, and I apologize for that. I didn't really get into other, more generalized specifics like popping trinkets/racials at the right time nor did I cover the other specs pertaining to those classes that I listed. I also didn't cover other ranged classes and what they can/can't do against Frost Mages. But, really, if ya'll wanna know anything just drop me a VM or a PM.

Edit: I'm not saying that Mages aren't squishy, but Frost Mages in particular have a lot of tools to keep them alive and out of trouble.

Smooth Criminal
Which is why I PVP with Frost.

I'm pretty PVE centered, though. I never really noticed how epic frost is in PVP. But now that I'm putting some thought into it, holy ****.
What's funny is that I actually do pretty well in PvP with an Arcane mage in the PvE Arcane spec. I still use Frost, but sometimes I feel like switching to Arcane and damn I usually top the charts in damage done.

It's weird because, although Arcane mages are SO much easier to kill than Frost mages, no one ever seems to go after me in PvP. They're focusing on the Frost DK/Arms warrior in front of me while I take massive chunks out of their health with Arcane Blast.
Seriously it's lovely when you hit for 30-40k on an almost fully resilience-geared player.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's because they let you freecast, Omnicron.

Try doing that in RBGs or Arenas. It's a whole 'nother ballgame then.

Edit: Not to say Arenas and RBGs are this sorta ultima thulé of everything PvP-related or anything like that. Pardon my tone. You can play what you want, however you want. I'll explain more later when I'm not working!

Smooth Criminal

No I know, Arcane Mages get ***** in RBGs and Arenas.

I've done Arena on my warrior and rogue, and Arcane mages almost always die first.

Also done RBGs on my rogue.

Right now, I'm pretty into Death Knights, particularly Frost because of how utterly overpowered it is at lower levels.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dual-wield Frost is pretty baller, even at top-end. I like the amount of burst it does.

Unholy DKs are good, but they're kinda like Two-Minute Mages: ****ty damage unless you pop crucial cooldowns at the right time, and then they're kinda boned after the fact. It is nice having some of the utility that Unholy enjoys (Anti-Magic Zone, Ghoul stun, shorter cooldown on Strangulate, etc). Frost just doesn't have that same level of CC (especially since they nerfed Hungering Cold).

I don't even know what Blood DKs would be good for outside of carrying flags in BGs. Be annoying and live for a long time...? Lol.

One more thing: Necrotic Strike is the best Mortal Strike effect IN THE GAME. Yeahyuzzz.

Smooth Criminal

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
dude, mages **** warriors up. so hard.
anyways, blackrock horde here. i got a WARlock and a WARrior

heres some smexy shots of my warrior

oh: and blood dks are impossible to kill as an arms warrior, if they're moderately geared/intelligent.

finalark

SNORLAX
So, any of you PVP guys have any suggestions for a good race/class combo for Alliance PVP? Right now I have a human mage, Worgen Warrior and I just rolled a Worgen Hunter the other day. I was thinking rogue, since I have a lot of fun doing some PVP on my Orc in the past.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So, any of you PVP guys have any suggestions for a good race/class combo for Alliance PVP? Right now I have a human mage, Worgen Warrior and I just rolled a Worgen Hunter the other day. I was thinking rogue, since I have a lot of fun doing some PVP on my Orc in the past.
For racials?

Human plus anything. An extra PvP trinket is always handy.

As for a specific class? Give Rogues a shot. Fair warning: They're a pain in the *** to level.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom