• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
You probably saw this in Vash, but quests are a lot more streamlined, no random "Hey man, saw you walk by, kill 5 boars for me" There's a solid story in each zone and the quests are all tied together to create a rather cool narrative.
I'm still getting those types of quests in Howling Fjord, makes things so boring. I'm sure it gets better once I get through the first levels of Northrend but ugh getting to that point is hard for me. Like sure, they spice up the "go kill five boars" quest a bit by making it "train this falcon to help you kill these boars!" but that's still so bleh.
I might just hold off until the next patch before jumping back into quests.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only stood in the fire with one of my characters...

I have to hurry before someone kills deathwing!

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I'm still getting those types of quests in Howling Fjord, makes things so boring. I'm sure it gets better once I get through the first levels of Northrend but ugh getting to that point is hard for me. Like sure, they spice up the "go kill five boars" quest a bit by making it "train this falcon to help you kill these boars!" but that's still so bleh.
I might just hold off until the next patch before jumping back into quests.
To be fair, Northrend will be miserable leveling no matter what. Those zones are just so depressing and bland D:

Also, does anyone on here PvP? I've got an 85 warrior and druid, but I've never raided before haha. I love me some BGs and the occasional arena though :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Buh. Northrend. I am not looking forward to going back there.

*raises his hand.* I PvP a butt-ton.

I got an 85 DK and Hunter; I'm crawling my way towards full non-ranked Ruthless on my DK. Leveling a Rogue right now.

I did raid a bit in Wrath, tho'. I refuse to do raids or do dungeons in Cata because of how tedious they are.

Smooth Criminal

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Am I the only one that thought Northrend questing was really cool? Granted, leveling was way too slow (at the time at least) but the zones were just amazing.

Teth

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one that thought Northrend questing was really cool? Granted, leveling was way too slow (at the time at least) but the zones were just amazing.
I'm with you, mate. I love almost all the Northrend zones. I'm royally pissed off that they took out the Battle for the Undercity. ><

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I loved leveling until I got every class up to over lvl 80 on the same realm. I have tried every class and every spec and that's what I loved about leveling. I could try out every spec and what motivated me was always that next new spell or cool talent. One exception to me not leveling anymore after having so many high leveled chars is that I deleted my 85 warlock just to make a new one on the same realm, same faction just because locks would be different to level up than before and so I got the new lock up to 85 aswell x) ( I wish you could have more than 10chars on one realm)

I don't play WoW atm but I would if it didn't cost as much because all I would do anyways would be to play arena once a week and that's definitely not worth the money :p

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yes :c

jkjk I loved NR
I dunno about slow leveling, I skipped Storm Peaks and uh...Crystalsong Forest but I still leveled pretty fast. I hate Outlands though so my leveling always comes to snail's pace when I hit 58.

Mount Hyjal was actually kind of annoying...I'm not sure if liked it.
I do like Vash though but I can't not think of Spongebob. I guess it's the colors.

I want transmog already.

This. I want my ICC gear back. Now.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Azua, there were no quests to speak of in Crystalsong. A few quests had you run out there to do other things for another zone, but aside from that...

Most people skipped at least one zone, if not two. As I recall I did:

Borean Tundra > Howling Fjord > Grizzly Hills > Gun'drak > Storm Peaks > Icecrown. I didn't have to go very far into Icecrown and ended up making enough to pay for epic flying and then some with the exp > gold conversion on the remaining quests in each zone.

I'm either transmogging to Ulduar gear or my Wrathful set.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Most of my characters die as soon as they have to get into outland. Just hate questing there.

However, the zone with the floating islands and hunting quests I found fun

I enjoy northrend quests, mostly because of all the time I spent in northrend before cataclysm came out.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I think I hate outlands so much because it's just too ****ing big and it was really irritating going through it without a flying mount.

Azua, there were no quests to speak of in Crystalsong. A few quests had you run out there to do other things for another zone, but aside from that...
Yeah, I ignored everything that sent me over there while I was leveling. lol
f that place.

Most people skipped at least one zone, if not two. As I recall I did:
Borean Tundra > Howling Fjord > Grizzly Hills > Gun'drak > Storm Peaks > Icecrown. I didn't have to go very far into Icecrown and ended up making enough to pay for epic flying and then some with the exp > gold conversion on the remaining quests in each zone.
I skipped Borean most of the time or just did half of it until I could go to Grizzly Hills (I went in at 68, not 70 and I was too lazy for group quests most of the time) I also skipped as much as I could of Zul'drak (Gun'drak was the instance) because f that place too. Did Sholazar and Icecrown instead of Storm Peaks. Sadface for you not doing Dragonblight.

So usually Howling> Grizzly> Dragonblight> Zul'Drak> Sholazar> Icecrown.

I dunno. Leveling was pretty fast for me for almost all of my characters I cared to get past 70. I think I still have a rogue that's like 77 or something and I just can't bring myself to ditch my BC PVP stuff.
But with transmorg **** yeah doing that ****.

I think I might raid again. I miss raiding, even if I was in hardcore guilds that made it kind of annoying to raid. I never even got to finish ICC because I decided to move across the country and then randomly move back.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think I might raid again. I miss raiding, even if I was in hardcore guilds that made it kind of annoying to raid. I never even got to finish ICC because I decided to move across the country and then randomly move back.
Man, wish I had the money to do that, lol.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Well I had no money for quite a while because I was stupid enough to consider it a good idea, so don't feel bad.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Well I had no money for quite a while because I was stupid enough to consider it a good idea, so don't feel bad.
Lmao, fair enough.

What server are you on, and what faction? Always interests me to see if I've been where others are.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
man
Mag'theridon horde, Bleeding Hollow Alliance, Cho'gall Alliance, Vek'Nilash Horde...um. there's another one I can't remember but I have a paladin on it.

I primarily play on Mag and BH.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I never even got to finish ICC
this is funny to me only because I'm thinking of this quote in classic WoW context. You would never hear someone say "I never even got to finish AQ40 or Naxx" back then hehe.

Then again, it's not necessarily a good thing that early WoW was so time-consuming that actually seeing endgame content was super rare.

How does transmog work, exactly? Is it Blizzard's version of "The Appearance Tab" that people have been wanting forever?

If I recall how I level through Northrend, it's generally Boring Tundra > Dragonblight > Zul'Drak > Storm Peaks > Icecrown

Sometimes I go a bit into Howling Fjord or Grizzly Hills because I ****ing love the Celtic music.

But yeah I don't hate Northrend, but I do hate how leveling there is so slow. Thankfully they're decreasing the required experience to level through Outland/Northrend by 33% in 4.3.

Oh and I never completed ICC either. I think I got up to Festergut because I was such a casual in a casual guild on a casual server.

How does transmog work, exactly? Is it Blizzard's version of "The Appearance Tab" that people have been wanting forever?
Transmog is basically being able to transform your current gear into the looks of aesthetically pleasing gear, while keeping the stats.
I'm not explaining how it works because I can't bother, but I can bother to look up the link.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

fkacyan

Smash Hero
man
Mag'theridon horde, Bleeding Hollow Alliance, Cho'gall Alliance, Vek'Nilash Horde...um. there's another one I can't remember but I have a paladin on it.

I primarily play on Mag and BH.
How do you track of all those servers? Jeebus.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I have a quick PvP question:

How do I shot Rogues?

As in, "how the **** do I kill Rogues in Arenas as a Frost DK?"

Thanks in advance.

Also, hi Azua. Good seeing you around these parts again.

Smooth Criminal

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does the WoW Armory no longer exist? I can't find it to look at my old characters

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Smooth: Last through all their cooldowns. If you do that, you win. If you don't you lose.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That reminds me, they wanted to make Rogues less about burst/cooldowns didn't they? Did they succeed at all in Cata like they wanted to?

How would you say PvE/PvP tier lists look?

Is raiding more/less fun nowadays? What are the sizes of raids, anyway? How many raids/dungeons are there in Cata?

:3

That reminds me, they wanted to make Rogues less about burst/cooldowns didn't they? Did they succeed at all in Cata like they wanted to?
Not really.

Okay. None of them are truly amazing except maybe the Shaman Tier 12. Then again I'm not really thinking it through right now.

Is raiding more/less fun nowadays? What are the sizes of raids, anyway? How many raids/dungeons are there in Cata?

:3
I barely have any raiding experience in Cata. From the small experience I've had, it seems like fun.

Oh lol

Well, let's see.

A lot of classes are overpowered, really. The only class that I can think of that has an apparent disadvantage overall would be the Shaman. They're underplayed, and a lot of things have been messed up, like lots of their abilities have been unbalanced and such. The only thing that they have going for them, at least in PvP, would be their ranged interrupt.

Priests have been a little messed up, along with Warlocks and Warriors. They aren't underpowered, though. There are just certain specs that people barely play because they've been screwed up. Holy and partially Shadow for Priests, Arms for Warriors is screwed up; we deal less damage than ever before, and Warlocks are easily shut down and killed.

Everything else is overpowered in some shape or form. Paladins generally don't die, DKs chew you down faster than you'd expect, druids spam and spam and win, Rogues are still... well you know.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
this is funny to me only because I'm thinking of this quote in classic WoW context. You would never hear someone say "I never even got to finish AQ40 or Naxx" back then hehe.
I actually did most of the endgame content as it came out or shortly after and then on farm. and it was terrible. If you -sneezed- at the wrong time, everyone died....and then when we started farming it, it was just boring. lol hooray serious raiding!

I also remember having to do Strat over and over again. I am surprised I still like it.

Boring Tundra
agreed

Oh and I never completed ICC either. I think I got up to Festergut because I was such a casual in a casual guild on a casual server.
you should roll on my server and we can do ICCs because I got to 11/12 and FML. I hate not completing things :C

Transmog is basically being the best thing ever
yes

How do you track of all those servers? Jeebus.
I don't. I looked when I got home yesterday and I'm on like 7 different servers and can't remember any of the ones I didn't name. lolol

i meant like, are some classes over/underpowered?
lol

Oh lol

Well, let's see.

A lot of classes are overpowered, really. The only class that I can think of that has an apparent disadvantage overall would be the Shaman. They're underplayed, and a lot of things have been messed up, like lots of their abilities have been unbalanced and such. The only thing that they have going for them, at least in PvP, would be their ranged interrupt.

Priests have been a little messed up, along with Warlocks and Warriors. They aren't underpowered, though. There are just certain specs that people barely play because they've been screwed up. Holy and partially Shadow for Priests, Arms for Warriors is screwed up; we deal less damage than ever before, and Warlocks are easily shut down and killed.

Everything else is overpowered in some shape or form. Paladins generally don't die, DKs chew you down faster than you'd expect, druids spam and spam and win, Rogues are still... well you know.
I wish they would have left shamans alone. My main was a shaman until WotLK and I barely play it now. (and it's not because I'm a DK fangirl)

Warlocks have kind of been easy to shut down for a while, at least imo. Then again, I play a class that destroys anything cloth so I dunno. Paladins remain unchanged? lol

I actually did most of the endgame content as it came out or shortly after and then on farm. and it was terrible. If you -sneezed- at the wrong time, everyone died....and then when we started farming it, it was just boring. lol hooray serious raiding!
I only remember doing AQ20 in Vanilla WoW and we wiped on the first boss.

Funnily enough I solo'd it with ease on my Pally the other day.

you should roll on my server and we can do ICCs because I got to 11/12 and FML. I hate not completing things :C
I might. Problem is I've rolled on Shattered Hand to play a dwarf pally with my friend.

Warlocks have kind of been easy to shut down for a while, at least imo. Then again, I play a class that destroys anything cloth so I dunno. Paladins remain unchanged? lol
Yeah, you're a DK so it's easy to kill locks obv. :012:

And yeah, you basically can't kill Holy Paladins. Prot Paladins are also near unkillable. Ret paladins still just have to pop wings and you're dead.

I mean, I'm blowing it out of proportion a bit; I can definitely mess up Holy Pallies on my rogue, mage, and lock. If you roll Prot in PvP, you're just dumb. Ret... Well... I still have problems with Ret Pallies.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My favorite specs for the classes I played were disc priest, subtlety rogue, and prot paladin.

I remember farming Scholo (rather than Strat) in vanilla, trying to get crappy tank gear for my paladin and prove that pallies could tank. Didn't scholomance change in cata or something?

And yeah, I know something's always going to be over/underpowered, I just didn't know what. I will always hate warlocks, because they are, or used to be, unkillable with mah pally.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I might. Problem is I've rolled on Shattered Hand to play a dwarf pally with my friend.
that IS a problem. you should fix that.

edit: hi smooth criminal, i missed your post four consecutive times looking for it just now.

also, lol guys:

charter came by to install internets at my apartment. he saw our computers and asked robert if we were computer savvy (since we have to big beasts for computers)
long story short, robert fixed his computer while I was working
we now have 1g/s internet speed :3

and it turns out another charter employee that came to replace our cable lines with new ones plays WoW, has a network of friends that do as well, and they get together once in a while to do nerd things. i guess we're going to hang out with them on the 28th.

nerd power.

;_;

I wish I had real life friends that played WoW.

I only have one.

Oh and Azua, if we reroll, then which server should we reroll on that you get on to?
It has to be medium population or lower because my friend's internet is bad.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Oh lol

Well, let's see.

What server are you on? o.0 Shamans are in tons of arena comps, and are extremely strong in RBGs/normal BGs/duels. It's just resto is the only good arena spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3 look at all the Shamans haha... and this is considered the best arena battlegroup

Top comps right now are (whatever)/Lock/Shaman, (whatever)/DK/Pally, and Priest/Mage/Rogue. RLS, MLS, LSD, Lock/DK/Pally, PMR are probably the top comps right now. The only severely underused/underrated is Hunter, and a good bit above them would be Warrior. Other than those 2, however, every class has a very arena viable spec.

DK: Unholy
Druid: Feral, Resto is ok but it's getting nerfed and is clearly the weakest healer
Hunter: Marks, maybe BM for RBGs
Mage: Frost or Arcane
Paladin: Holy or Ret (much worse than Holy, but good with a DK)
Priest: Disc
Rogue: Subtlety
Shaman: Resto, Ele for RBGs/duels
Warlock: Afflic
Warrior: Arms, Prot for RBGs/gimmicky 2s comps

Overall, each class basically only has one good spec, but at least every class has something viable. The only problem is that like more than half of arena teams at high ratings are running lock/shaman. But, that does mean that you can just run any class with a lock and a shaman and do well haha xD

I have a quick PvP question:

How do I shot Rogues?

As in, "how the **** do I kill Rogues in Arenas as a Frost DK?"

Thanks in advance.

Also, hi Azua. Good seeing you around these parts again.

Smooth Criminal
(Assuming it's a duel) It's tough, but you can kite out their CDs. Keep necro strike on them to prevent recuperate, and always always always keep your diseases up since I don't think they can cloak off diseases (it's only magic... right?). They'll use smoke bomb/blind/gouge/etc to try and get restealths on you, which is really really bad, so just always keep up your diseases and camp in death and decay while eating if they do get a restealth. I don't really know how frost works but I doubt you can damage them through evasion or combat readiness well, so just drop desecration everywhere and kite it out as best as you can. Unfortunately, as frost, you don't get gnaw, so it's tough to do anything about shadow dance... you just gotta pop your defensive CDs and live through it, or if you're a total boss/they suck you can freeze them during it but getting your frost school locked would suck haha.

In an arena, chances are they won't be focusing you because DKs are tanky as hell. If this is the case, once again keep necro strike up any time they have recup up and never let them restealth. Rogues are tricky to kill and you would probably have an easier time blowing up their lock/mage/feral/whatever partner. Just keep your pressure game up, ALWAYS peel your partners (DKs have, no joke, the best peels in the game), and try and layer your silences with your mates' CC when you go for the kill. But never try and kill a rogue through their defensive CDs... always get rid of them before committing to a kill. What comp are you running? I could help more if I knew what partners you had

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Just to be clear, CABC's list is PvP only. The raid viability list is very different right now

DPS Tier: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
Tank tier: Paladin > Warrior >> Druid >>> DK
Healer tier: Druid >= Paladin >> Priest > Shaman

In an arena, chances are they won't be focusing you because DKs are tanky as hell.
Actually, DKs are a common focus target because we have no self-peel or major cooldowns / movement abilities to get us out of danger.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's a bit like enchanting (or more like Runeforging) where you pick a piece of gear then "enchant" it to look like a piece of gear you have in your bag.

I remember farming Scholo (rather than Strat) in vanilla, trying to get crappy tank gear for my paladin and prove that pallies could tank. Didn't scholomance change in cata or something?
Scholo and Strat got changed to around level 45.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I remember doing Strat in the beta and being saddened, knowing that I will never get my Baron Rivendare mount despite killing him like 80+ times.

Paladins are still the best tanks, like in Wrath? That makes me sad, considering the most fun I had tanking was in Classic/TBC, when I had to actually work to even convince people that Paladins could tank. That was half the fun! Receiving praise when people discover that you own as a tank is the other half.

Top Bottom