• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 2=April 2nd-4th! San(ike) vs Xyro(samus) 100$mm! Results thread is up!!!!!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Still need a teammate for normal and low-tier doubles. I also still need help on housing...

:069:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Still need a teammate for normal and low-tier doubles. I also still need help on housing...

:069:
Contact furbs or or try and bunk with the other smashers that are going.

xyro you should host a mk banned side tourney!!
I would love to but the events are already sealed. I cant add anymore. I can only change times.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I doubt I'm going either.

Xyro77

Holy ****!

Well it seems that Nissan(the car company) would like to add 1000$ to the pot if 200 people end up attending this event. Last year, WHOBO 1(which wasnt hyped that much) pulled in 140 entrants so getting 200 for whobo 2 will not be that hard at all. So assuming 200 people show up, there WILL be 1k of extra pot money added to the pot. I have one problem though......what should i do with it?

Give it to 1vs1 top 4 or 5 or 7?
Give it to 2vs2 top 4 or 5 or 7?

If i did this^, the results would look something like:

Singles

1st=45%+400$
2nd=25%+200$
3rd=10%+150$
4th=7%+100$
5th(x2)=5%+50$
7th(x2)=1.5%+25$

Teams

1st=60%+400$
2nd=25%+300$
3rd=10%+200$
4th=5%+100$

Give it ALL to 1st place in 1vs1?
Give it ALL to 1st place in 2vs2?

If i did this, that means first place gets a MINIUM of 1k. Then add in the normal 1st place winnings which could probably make first place walk out with over 2 or 2.5K of money.

Please quote this post and tell me what you think i should do with this money.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I think the 1k should go to singles. I know teams is big but lots of people are traveling for singles and would bring more attention. If there was more than 1k then it could be split for teams, but I see singles as first for the pot like last year.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Singles. And you should distribute it to 7th like you said, seems fair to me. Top 3 is already getting a lot with that bonus.

Distributing it both to singles and doubles evenly is also a good idea

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You need to attract more ppl for your event, so pay out more people. This gives you more than enough money to do so.

Guess what, if you split it among te top 8 (ESPECIALLY top 3), the ppl who would be getting top 8 are gonna go regardless of the sponsor or not.

Pay out top 16 in singles
Pay out top 8 in doubles

Make a (rough, since it might change day of based on # of entrants) payout spread for top 16 and top 8 like u would at any event and just say pot size = pot + $600 for singles and $400 for doubles.

Singles should get $600 sponsor money instead of $400 because the entrance fee is $15 compared to $10 per person for doubles. 60% of all money collected is going to singles so 60% of the sponsor money should go to singles.

Arrange it so like places 13-16 (in the case of singles) get something like money back, which not juch, is still something.

Paying out that many more people will attract more people who think that they will place in the money. A whole new group of players can now say that they placed in the money at a national tourney - which is pretty epic.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Let's assume you get exactly 200 players.

$15 per person singles. That means $3,000 for singles not counting bonus money.

Doubles invariably will have less people involved. Out of 200 people in Singles, a safe bet would be 70+ teams or so. Let's assume there would be 70 teams exactly.

70 teams, $20 per team, that makes it $1400 for teams not counting bonus money.

If you want a lesser teams disparity involving money, you can either raise the price of teams to 30 dollars per team, or you can give most/all the bonus money to them. Putting most/all of the money in singles would drive people to come to this event more than putting it in Doubles IMO, so that's the trade off.

Also top 16? Like I'm all for paying out a lot of people, and trust me I would have liked to been paid for stuff like HOBO 11 or WHOBO, but IDK.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think we should either pay out to more people, like Chibo said, to give more people incentive to go/participate/play hard, or split the money among both events, among all payouts.

Splitting it among the top in either event is just giving money to the people who're going to be winning a ton due to the 200 people turnout anyway.

Xyro77

well if i do what chibo recommends, i would attract more players. and those players will add more money to the top 8 normal payouts. which would help the people like dojo/ally/adhd/m2k.....ect.

kill 2 birds with one stone?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pay out top 12 singles, top 6 gets $100 bonus each

Pay out top 6 in Doubles, top 4 gets $100 bonus each

Singles gets 60% of the money, people get paid, bonus is spread out to a large number of people while also retaining some worth (people probably wouldn't care/be motivated if a bonus was under $50 for them specifically.) The bonuses also become super easy to pay out, as all you need to do is give whoever a $100 bill and be done with it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That won't be a strong incentive for people to travel though, since for a lot of these guys they may not be able to go to the next few events if they are flying/OOS. Besides, people who weren't at this WHOBO could come in on the future events and take advantage of the free venue fee.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Let's assume you get exactly 200 players.

$15 per person singles. That means $3,000 for singles not counting bonus money.

Doubles invariably will have less people involved. Out of 200 people in Singles, a safe bet would be 70+ teams or so. Let's assume there would be 70 teams exactly.

70 teams, $20 per team, that makes it $1400 for teams not counting bonus money.

If you want a lesser teams disparity involving money, you can either raise the price of teams to 30 dollars per team, or you can give most/all the bonus money to them. Putting most/all of the money in singles would drive people to come to this event more than putting it in Doubles IMO, so that's the trade off.

Also top 16? Like I'm all for paying out a lot of people, and trust me I would have liked to been paid for stuff like HOBO 11 or WHOBO, but IDK.
This cannot be assumed due to the fact that a large amount of the people that are registered, pre-registered for $10 same thing for teams, pre-reg is cheaper so you can only get an estimated range on how much money you will pull in singles/doubles. Making the max for singles with 200 people $3,000 and the absolute minimum of $2,000. If, like you said, there were 70 teams then the absolute maximum amount of money in the pot would be $1,400 and the absolute minimum would be $1,120. So, like I said you can only get a range of the total pot if exactly 200 people show up. If in fact you could get a hold of how many people have pre-regged so far then you COULD calculate the exact amount of pot money with 200 people since the pre-reg for singles/doubles is over.

Now about how to distribute it, that is completely different, many people have given valid points on distribution. But, in my opinion the best would be to offer payout to more placings. With that amount of people first place is practically guaranteed $1,000. I agree with Chibo about putting $600 in singles and $400 in doubles since doubles will no doubt have less entrants and it has a lower price per person. So that's all I have to say for now.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The RGV is definitely coming to this, and in it's full force. That means at least 15 people, and possibly up to 20. I am bringing the best players in Mexico too, which should be their top 2-4 players. For sure 2 of them are confirmed already and will be coming with me.

HYPE!!!!!!!!

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Chibo.

If you have like say top 12 will get some cash then more people would be wiling to come
As for doubles is the same thing, but they aren't very many of them teaming up but might be more interested to more.

Any good olimar mains going btw? I'll try my best to be somewhat good oli miner =)

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
You must come ally! I told a friend that you will be coming to this and she got all excited!
She might hug you tight, just giving you a warning XD

Top Bottom