• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 2=April 2nd-4th! San(ike) vs Xyro(samus) 100$mm! Results thread is up!!!!!

CO18

Smash Hero
ARE YOU NUTS?!?! Lol
Matchup isn't that bad. I know that and Im sure he does lol. Obviously thats without smallstepping/infinite but Im not that gay and im sure he wouldnt do the mm if I were gonna do that.

Other than that bowsers actually decent vs ddd. Im actually more worried about it over some of my other mms lol cuz he prob knows the MU better than me since he also sort of mains d3 XD.

Also @ Zman sure.

So thats:
Vs Hylian :IC's vs DDD 20$
Vs UTD Zac: GaW vs DDD 20$
Vs Vex: Bowser vs DDD?
Vs Zman: Pit vs DDD? 10$
And also Jerm didn't you want to MM for 10$?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Matchup isn't that bad. I know that and Im sure he does lol. Obviously thats without smallstepping/infinite but Im not that gay and im sure he wouldnt do the mm if I were gonna do that.

Other than that bowsers actually decent vs ddd. Im actually more worried about it over some of my other mms lol cuz he prob knows the MU better than me since he also sort of mains d3 XD.
Agree 100%

I'll do it for $5 if thats okay, and also a Pit vs DDD set for $5 if thats okay also ^_^

Suspect

Smash Hero
Guam to Texas is like $1500

i wish i would pay that much...get Alicia Keys there somehow and ill be there tho

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Xyro and I are discussing things in AIM. So far we agreed that if the MK stage limitation rule doesn't work out that well for the next three HOBOs, as in it creates an unpleasant experience for too many players or hurts attendance, it will be removed for this event.
In regards to this entire discussion:

i was reading this thread, and i just thought up a sort of compromise to this situation.

Maestro's MK Counterpick rule:
"After a loss, if a player counterpicks to a non-starter stage, and them chooses Meta Knight as his counterpick character, the opposing player has the right to veto the stage choice as long as he has not also chosen Meta Knight. If the previous game's winner has the opportunity to exercise his right, and chooses to do so, the entire counterpick selection process is redone, and the previous game's loser must pick a different stage. The veto can only be exercised once per match, and vetos do not count as stage bans in later matches of the same set."

An alternative would be the stage can be switched but neither player can swtich characters...

*continues lurking*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
the more people argue/talk about other ideas, the less i will listen. how about we talk about happy whobo things like the rave.

and what razer/d kid say above is true.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I didn't like the rave.

Because Hylian woke me up at 4 or 5 in the morning last year walking into the hotel room with all those glow sticks.

:(

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
M2K or Ally is winning this tournament anyways, so I don't see the point of adding any MetaKnight specific rules.

The best will win regardless. The best players are not the ones that will be CP'd by scrubby Metas and lose, which is usually the argument Xyro pulls out when he wants to ban or limit Meta.

Esca

Smash Champion
M2K or Ally is winning this tournament anyways, so I don't see the point of adding any MetaKnight specific rules.

The best will win regardless. The best players are not the ones that will be CP'd by scrubby Metas and lose, which is usually the argument Xyro pulls out when he wants to ban or limit Meta.
Wrong, did you not see what happened at Winterfest? Gnes had it.

Esca

Smash Champion

Also @ Zman sure.

So thats:
Vs Hylian :IC's vs DDD 20$
Vs UTD Zac: GaW vs DDD 20$
Vs Vex: Bowser vs DDD?
Vs Zman: Pit vs DDD? 10$
And also Jerm didn't you want to MM for 10$?
$20 Pit vs D3.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Wrong, did you not see what happened at Winterfest? Gnes had it.
Thi~s.

Gnes > M2K.

Still too slow, though, which makes M2K like, doubly slow...or something.
You do make a good point, however please answer me this (since everyone knows I'm kinda a Brawl scrub)

So is metaknight the only character that can effectively stall? I know flying underneath the stage is one thing, but many characters can also go under stages, as well as plank very well.

If that's the case people are just singling out Metaknight when in fact that the same gayness can be done by many players.

Winterfest also didn't have a stalling rule in place, FYI. (Oh wait, I need to update FS8's ruleset. I'm going to get that soon, I swear).

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You do make a good point, however please answer me this (since everyone knows I'm kinda a Brawl scrub)

So is metaknight the only character that can effectively stall? I know flying underneath the stage is one thing, but many characters can also go under stages, as well as plank very well.

If that's the case people are just singling out Metaknight when in fact that the same gayness can be done by many players.

Winterfest also didn't have a stalling rule in place, FYI. (Oh wait, I need to update FS8's ruleset. I'm going to get that soon, I swear).
This^

Pit, GW, Wario, etc. can effectively stall, but MK is the "extreme". Xyro only believes MK is unstoppable when it comes to planking/running away/stalling. Though that's not the case. I really don't understand why there isn't an all encompassing rule that restricts ledge grabs and running away. :dizzy:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xyro, why would you limit Meta Knight if you want to help prove he's "broken"? Seems counterintuitive.

Top Bottom