• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wonderland Mafia GAME OVER: Town/Independent Win!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Riddle was @ L-2 already with Marshy's vote. Didn't want to put him @ L-1 this early.

Where in that quote have I've been faulting anybody? I even asked the people on the Nick wagon if they think he's more suspicious. I never faulted anybody. Also lol @ the never attempted to wagon Riddle. My vote currently is on Riddle. I am part of the Riddle wagon.
Before the post in question, you had avoided wagoning Riddle but instead nudged it along. Funny how you're not part of the Riddle wagon anymore anyways a whole one post later.

Yeah because I totally didn't say that Riddle's defense doesn't sit well with me.

Oh, w8!
That was my point. You said it didn't sit well with you, but what made you vote was that Nick had more votes than Riddle. You presented no new information about Riddle that made you go from being suspicious of him and not voting him, to being suspicious of him and voting him. What made you put your vote down, was that Nick had more votes than Riddle, regardless of what suspicions you previously had.

Your point? You just repeated my thoughts on Riddle? And?

Also, I never voted anybody for putting somebody @L-2. I didn't even make a deal out of it. It was part of Steel's reasoning regardless of the other stuff he said. He votes somebody for putting a player @L-2 but doesn't do so for another player. So I asked why? I didn't complain about it. I asked. I hope that's not too much asked.

Yeah, I'm usually fairly quick to rip apart false arguments.
What brought it to my attention, is that instead of saying "I'm putting Riddle at L-2 right now, are you going to vote me?" you instead use another player as Steel's theoretical target if what you imply about him voting anyone who puts people at L-2 is true.

Unvote

Still too early imo to put somebody @L-1. Omni, Tom and Nick need to post a lot more, haven't seen anything of substance from them in a while. Omis, didn't you say that putting somebody @L-2 isn't scummy but L-1 is? You just did the same thing jfyi. A lot of the day has been wasted with thee whole "joke" debate, which led nowhere.

I'd rather lynch a coaster/lurker toDay than later. I'm still down for the Riddle lynch if nothing better seems to emerge but I wouldn't mind inactives dead at this point. They can become dangerous later in the game. Cacti lynch sounds solid in my book too.
Regardless...Gheb leaves the wagon because too many people agree with a Riddle lynch, but is fine nudging it along. When is L-1 okay Gheb, when is it 'not too early'? Do you think we should wait until the final 24 hours to put Riddle at L-1? What if he presents a claim that is believable at that time? Do we just kneejerk to another player, risk half the players not being on, and end up with a non-majority lynch going through? Drawing out the day to the final hours can be detrimental.

unvote: vote: Riddle

Riddle, since a large part of the suspicion formed on you from meta...

Riddle, you confirmed an hour before everyone else.

Gheb and Chaco did not confirm in thread at all.

Steel, Omni, Marshy, and Myself all confirmed in a 5 minute period.

What do you think of this?

Your defense has been described as awkward, etc... Originally I wrote it off as a town tell (#85), but looking back it's more of a null tell in my eyes.

Did you notice anything about the section you said you would reread?
Did you have anything from the entire game you've noticed?
You've become very lurk-ish since suspicion built on you, and even got prodded, but still didn't make an attempt to scumhunt from the looks of it. Why?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Off with their heads!:

Riddle (5): Macman, Chaco, Marshy, Omis, Xiivi
Cacti (2): Nicholas1024, §teel
Nicholas1024 (1): Cacti

Not Voting (4): Omni, Riddle, Tom, Gheb_01

Tom has been prodded.

Deadline: Friday, November 20th at 11:59:59pm, EST.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

***Please look at how many votes it takes to lynch. Some of you seem to be confused as to how many votes puts someone at L-2, L-1, etc.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You've become very lurk-ish since suspicion built on you, and even got prodded, but still didn't make an attempt to scumhunt from the looks of it. Why?
this is very true. riddle, you've done absolutely nothing except protect yourself. mind contributing?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

Marshy put down a 4th vote on Riddle and called it L-2.

This was where it somehow got into my mind that 6 votes was lynch.

Thank you so much for that Circus, feel like an idiot right now. Especially after all of this L-2/L-1 arguing that's been going on. :/

Riddle

Smash Lord
unvote: vote: Riddle

Riddle, since a large part of the suspicion formed on you from meta...

Riddle, you confirmed an hour before everyone else.

Gheb and Chaco did not confirm in thread at all.

Steel, Omni, Marshy, and Myself all confirmed in a 5 minute period.

What do you think of this?
I think that this means nothing at all. Maybe Circus just sent my PM first. Maybe I was browsing smahboards when none of you guys were.

xiivi said:
Your defense has been described as awkward, etc... Originally I wrote it off as a town tell (#85), but looking back it's more of a null tell in my eyes.
Yeah my defense was slightly awkward.

Xiivi said:
Did you notice anything about the section you said you would reread?
No, it really was just discussion about if joking is anti-town behavior. I think it is, but just because you have a different opinion then me doesn't mean you are scum.

Xiivi said:
Did you have anything from the entire game you've noticed?
I do, and I will get to that later in this post.

Xiivi said:
I've always thought it was scummy to attack people when you were under pressure yourself. It seems like something scum would do to call attention to themselves. I have noticed some things and I will share them right here.

Right now my biggest suspicion is Macman. Here is a pbpa:

Macman said:
vote: riddle for confirming an hr before everyone else
Joke Vote (correct me if I'm wrong).

Macman said:
oh guys im town, just in case that wasn't already obvious to you by me just being in the game
Another Joke.

Macman said:
avoiding prod
He posts to avoid a prod after posting two jokes.

Macman said:
I wish I wasn't already on the Riddle BW so that I could put him at L-1.

It was totally super awesome serious.

Riddle, mind linking me to some games you've played on MS? Just interested.
Omni, are you town?

Not removing my vote cuz riddle's defense was weird. and because he is scum since he confirmed an hr b4 I got my role.
He wants to put me at L-1 like 2 pages into the game. Then he asks about Mafiascum even though it clearly wouldn't help at all. Repeats his joke and what everyone else has been saying.

Macman said:
Agree with nick that it's interesting that Cacti does the exact thing he's voting nick for. I would vote cacti buttttt the riddle wagon is so appealing.

cacti, what do you mean be "too safe for something this early on". Not following how being early in the day coincides with how reckless or safe one should play. What is the kind of post you would have preferred him to make?
Continues to tunnel on me. Asks a legit question (first useful thing of the game!).

Macman said:
you're avoiding the question
One-liner about how someone is avoiding a question.

Macman said:
how am i pseudo scumhunting?
Another one-liner.

Macman said:
Asking you if you are town is pseudo scumhunting? It's a joke dude, we both know this. Dunno why yur getting all annoyed for. Don't see why you are overreacting and accusing me of pseudo scumhunting because of something I said that was clearly not an attempt to scumhunt.

also interesting how you fos omis for going along with the joke but not me for starting it and continuing it.

is there something about that particular question that bothers you?
Why would you not attempt to scum-hunt? It calls attention away from scummy players and its clearly not RVS anymore.

Macman said:
lol id put him at L-1 just to prove omis wrong.

it wouldn't be my fault is he was dumb and thought he had to claim

now, do you think I am suspicious because I am making jokes? Do you think I haven't said anything of value?
Again states his desire to put me at L-1. States that he doesn't care if he forces a power role to claim by putting them at L-1 by saying that they wouldn't have to so it wouldn't be his fault. It is very clear that he had said very little of value at this point. And jokes are imo anti-town play.

Macman said:
what are you even saying?
Stupid question. To me it was pretty obvious what Omis meant at least. I'm sure if he had re-read it he would have figured it out.

Macman said:
forgot yu didnt answer this
Another one-liner only semi-useful question. Doesn't attempt to scum-hunt.

So yeah,

Vote: Macman

For lack of contribution/active lurking.

@ Marshy, I don't really have any other suspicions right now =/

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
riddle one-liners aren't necessarily scummy. i also don't think his vote on you was a joke, as he later explained it was sincerely because you claimed an hour before every one else. i also do feel he was contributing once you look past his jokes.

i know i was going to say i would stay away from the metagaming but concerning this:

Maybe I was browsing smahboards when none of you guys were.
I was stalking circus's activity page before the game started to see when he was messaging people because i wanted to play; after he sent one you confirmed, then i believe he may have sent some more (no clue on number or if he sent any at all) and left smashboards for ~1 hour and sent the rest of them, which is when i and the majority of us received them. i can't say this necessarily means riddle got a scum pm though

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy posts all one liners. Is he scummy?

Also, I confirmed via PM since I had a question.

Lastly, lynch Riddle.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think that this means nothing at all. Maybe Circus just sent my PM first. Maybe I was browsing smahboards when none of you guys were.
Oh and yeah, it does mean something. Cause I remember getting my PM later that night when talking to a few other dGamers about something.

Riddle

Smash Lord
My point isn't that Macman is posting a lot of one-liners. My point is that Macman has contributed nothing at all to the game. He has done almost nothing, and seems to be doing some pseudo-hunting and active lurking. This is scummy.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Macman, there are a lot of people in this game that have not contributed much. Why point out Macman? Your post against him is pseudo-scumhunting.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
what's scummy? you're just quoting him and saying "one-liner, joke"
Quote for truth. Admittedly, Macman hasn't contributed much to this game, but I'm not buying your case against him. First of all, you've contributed less than he has, and secondly, I don't trust the "Let's lynch player X, he's contributed nothing!" argument when the person making it is on the hot seat. Surely you have something better to contribute than that. What's your take on the bandwagon that formed on you? Do you think it's town and you can see where they're coming from, or is it scum trying to push your lynch? How about the wagon that formed on me? What about the Xivii/Gheb debate? If I don't see some satisfactory answers from you by tomorrow night, you'll regain my vote.

@Cacti
You didn't even mention Steel's case on you. Care to respond to it?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Macman hasn't contributed anything at all. I'm not pseudo scumhunting, he has comitted very real scumtells fmpov. These include pseudo scum-hunting, active lurking, and complete and total lack of contribution as well as calling attention to himself through joking.

@Macman, No I'm not. I don't support pseudo scum-hunting.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Quote for truth. Admittedly, Macman hasn't contributed much to this game, but I'm not buying your case against him. First of all, you've contributed less than he has, and secondly, I don't trust the "Let's lynch player X, he's contributed nothing!" argument when the person making it is on the hot seat. Surely you have something better to contribute than that. What's your take on the bandwagon that formed on you? Do you think it's town and you can see where they're coming from, or is it scum trying to push your lynch? How about the wagon that formed on me? What about the Xivii/Gheb debate? If I don't see some satisfactory answers from you by tomorrow night, you'll regain my vote.

@Cacti
You didn't even mention Steel's case on you. Care to respond to it?
The specific reason I wasn't calling forward suspicion was because I was on the hot seat but several people asked me for to post my suspicions and so I did. I think the bandwagon on me is somewhat legitimate and I dont find anybody but Macman on it scummy. The wagon that formed on you was based off of a bad post and I feel you have rectified your play. In the Xiivi/Gheb debate I agree with many of Xiivi's points but at this point I suspect that it is TvT. If you feel that I am scum then by all means vote me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
srsly? its not scumhunting. I just want to see games you played on MS before. Don't see why you wouldn't comply if you were telling the truth... ****s not that big of a deal. I'd just have to assume you were lying about playing on MS.

riddle lynch for sure.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
k. so what is wrong with me wanting to verify that?

Note that if you do not comply you will be lynched. Sigh... it may even be too late for you

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
im starting to feel more comfortable with a riddle lynch, but ill keep my vote on cacti for now since hes scum

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Riddle:
Link us to any MS games you've played.
Link us to the specific post you 'stole' your joke vote from.

It's that simple.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Off with their heads!:

Riddle (5): Macman, Chaco, Marshy, Omis, Xiivi
Cacti (2): Nicholas1024, §teel
Nicholas1024 (1): Cacti
Macman (1): Riddle

Not Voting (3): Omni, Tom, Gheb_01

Omni has been prodded. Again.

Deadline: Friday, November 20th at 11:59:59pm, EST.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
jesus christ, sorry guys. i've really been slacking.

i'll do a reread tonight and put up a post of what i think of the game so far either tonight or tomorrow.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Riddle, you are almost assuredly going to be lynched. Go ahead and claim because this will give us ample time to discuss it. Don't stall it either.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
still havent read, but i will. exam tomorrow so i've been studying a lot.

riddle, name claim first. this doesn't mean too much given the off chance that scum could be given safe claims, but i'd rather we start with names than full blown roles. if someone didn't get a safe claim, they can guess a wrong role to claim and be cc'ed.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
why even bother. riddles scumdomness is so ****ing blatant its ridiculous
quicklynch for the win

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It seems like I confused the vote counts. I was sure that Riddle was put @L-1 but it was actually only L-2. I wouldn't have noticed without Circus mentioning it =/
As for Xiivi's theory, I think it would be interesting to see how it works out. As I said before I'm OK with lynching Riddle and if he flips scum we might have a hint on who else's scum. I confirmed via PM btw but I also noticed the time difference because I was waiting too. I saw how Circus went offline for a while in between after him sending PMs for a while. Coincidence? Riddle's flip could give us some info on it. Considering the fact that his defenses have been weaksauce and his awkward behaviour concerning the whole MS discussion I can see him as scum.

Vote Riddle

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To answer Xiivi's question(s): Deadline is friday. Putting somebody 3 days before the deadline @L-1 seems like a good time although it depends on the case. In Riddle's case everything seems to point towards him being scum so I don't think it's a problem now.

:059:

Top Bottom